Are you searching for Business Analyst salaries in India? or Do you want to know which skills are required to get a job as a business analyst? If yes, this is the post for you. From the start till the end, all it says is about Who is a Business Analyst, Business Analyst Salary, Business Analyst Skills, and so many questions like these. This post will answer all your queries regarding Business Analysts.
The average business analyst salary in India is Rs.612,719 per annum.
- 1 Who is a Business Analyst?
- 2 Business Analyst Salary in India
- 3 What does it take to be a Business Analyst?
- 4 What does a Business Analyst do?
- 5 Roles and Responsibilities of a Business Analyst
- 6 Factors Affecting Business Analyst Salary in India
- 7 What are the popular skills to become a Business Analyst?
- 8 Business Analyst Salary in India: Based on Experience
- 9 Business Analyst Salary in India: Based On Location
- 10 Business Analyst Salary in India: Based On Company
- 11 Conclusion
Who is a Business Analyst?
Business analysts help maximize a business’s effectiveness through data-driven decisions.
Business analysts use data to form business insights and recommend changes in businesses and other organizations. Business analysts can identify issues in virtually any part of an organization, including IT processes, organizational structures, or staff development. As businesses seek to increase efficiency and reduce costs, business analytics has become an important component of their operations. Let’s take a closer look at what business analysts do and what it takes to get a job in business analysis.
Business Analyst Salary in India
The latest salary of a Business Analyst is ranging from a minimum of ₹2,76,000 to a maximum of ₹1m. The average business analyst salary in India is Rs.612,719 per annum.
What does it take to be a Business Analyst?
The fundamental job responsibility of a Business Analyst is to elicit, analyze, and validate the change requirements for business processes, information systems, and policies and to communicate them with all stakeholders.
- They interact with both the business partners and users to understand how data-driven changes to business processes, products/services, and software/hardware can enhance efficiencies and add value to the organization.
- They work in close collaboration with the IT and Financial reporting teams to design and implement new business models to support the proposed business decisions and to establish initiatives/policies to improve productivity and optimize costs.
- They analyze what’s financially and technologically feasible for the company.
What does a Business Analyst do?
Business analysts identify business areas that can be improved to increase efficiency and strengthen business processes. They often work closely with others throughout the business hierarchy to communicate their findings and help implement changes.
Tasks and duties can include:
- Identifying and prioritizing the organization’s functional and technical needs and requirements
- Using SQL and Excel to analyze large data sets
- Compiling charts, tables, and other elements of data visualization
- Creating financial models to support business decisions
- Understanding business strategies, goals, and requirements
- Planning enterprise architecture (the structure of a business)
- Forecasting, budgeting, and performing both variance analysis and financial analysis
Roles and Responsibilities of a Business Analyst
- Creating detailed business analysis and drafting problems, opportunities, and solutions for a company.
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Planning and monitoring.
- Variance analysis.
Factors Affecting Business Analyst Salary in India
The salary of a Business Analyst in India depends upon several factors like
- company size.
- Job Position.
- Education Qualifications.
What are the popular skills to become a Business Analyst?
- Understanding the Business Objective.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Negotiation and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
- Decision-Making Skills.
- Programming Languages.
- Creation of Reports and Dashboards.
- Database and SQL.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Documentation and Presentation.
Business Analyst Salary in India: Based on Experience
Let’s see how a Business Analyst’s salary in India varies based on experience.
Entry-Level Business Analyst Salary in India
The average entry-level Business Analyst salary in India is ₹375,045/yr.
Mid-Level Business Analyst Salary in India
The average mid-level Business Analyst salary in India is ₹850,359/yr.
Experienced Business Analyst Salary in India
The average experienced Business Analyst salary in India is ₹1,278,508/yr.
Business Analyst Salary in India: Based On Location
Average Business Analyst Salary in Bangalore, Karnataka
The average salary for a Business Analyst in Bangalore is ₹720k per year.
Average Business Analyst Salary in Mumbai, Maharashtra
The average salary for a Business Analyst in Mumbai is ₹622K per year.
The average salary for a Business Analyst in Chennai is ₹595K per year.
Average Business Analyst Salary in New Delhi, Delhi
The average salary for a Business Analyst in New Delhi is ₹613K per year.
Average Business Analyst Salary in Hyderabad, Telangana
The average salary for a Business Analyst in Hyderabad is ₹620K per year.
Business Analyst Salary in India: Based On Company
The top respondents for the job title Business Analyst, IT is from the companies Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), and Accenture. Reported salaries are highest at Capgemini where the average pay is ₹700,000. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Tata Consultancy Services Limited and HCL Technologies Ltd., earning around ₹696,331 and ₹650,000, respectively. Deloitte pays the lowest at around ₹579,808. Deloitte Consulting LLP and Accenture also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying ₹581,904 and ₹602,490, respectively.
The Top Employers and their average salary for a Business Analyst are:
|Employer Name||Average Pay Range|
|TATA Consultancy Services Limited||₹696k/yr|
|Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)||₹603k/yr|
We hope the above provided information about “Business Analyst Salary in India for Freshers and Experienced” is useful to you. To conclude, Business Analysts have a decent pay scale in India. Companies across both IT and e-commerce sectors pay excellent compensation to deserving candidates who can add value to their organization. Apart from the regular educational qualifications and work experience, helps in bagging jobs that offer high-level salaries.