CGI Verbal Ability / English Questions and Answers with Explanation, Solutions: CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers for Freshers: Well, candidates who are preparing to qualify in the CGI Placement Test can go through this page. We have clearly provided you the CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Explanation topic-wise. So, without any hassle, you can start answering the Model CGI Verbal Ability Questions. There will be 22 Questions in the Verbal Ability Section of the CGI Placement Test. Thus, these CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers For Freshers will help in that regard. To help you out during your preparation, we have attached the CGI English Questions and Answers with Solutions in PDF format for free of cost.
- 1 CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers For Freshers
- 2 CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Explanation
- 2.0.1 Directions (Q. 1 – 5): Choose the Synonyms of the following words
- 2.0.2 Directions (Q. 6 – 10): Choose the Antonyms of the following words
- 2.0.3 Directions (Q. 11 – 15): Word Analogy, Choose the correct pain by analyzing the given pair.
- 2.0.4 Directions (Q. 16 – 18): Fill in the Blanks
- 2.0.5 Directions (Q. 19 – 22): Spelling Correction
- 3 CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers PDF
CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers For Freshers
Number of Questions: 22 Questions
|Topics||Questions Asked (Approximately)|
|Fill in the Blanks||4-5 Questions|
|Spotting Errors||5-6 Questions|
|Identify the sentences||3-5 Questions|
|Sentence Improvement||3-5 Questions|
|Odd Words||2-7 Questions|
|Joining Sentences||2-5 Questions|
|Sentence Arrangement||1-3 Questions|
|Tag Questions||2-4 Questions|
|Identifying the Errors||3-4 Questions|
CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Explanation
Directions (Q. 1 – 5): Choose the Synonyms of the following words
Answer – C. Fellow
A peer is a person belonging to the same group.
Answer – D. Absurd
Outlandish means extremely out of the ordinary.
Answer – C. Garnish
Garnish means obtrusively bright and showy.
Answer – B. Equitable
Equitable means fair and impartial.
Answer – A. Snarl
Tangle is a twisted, knotted mass, or a snarl.
Directions (Q. 6 – 10): Choose the Antonyms of the following words
Answer – D. Alienate
Acquaint means to get to know or to become friendly.
Alienate means to cause unfriendliness or hostility.
Answer – B. Attentive
Heedless means, inconsiderate or thoughtless.
Attentive means, heedful or mindful.
Answer – C. Accord
Rancor means bitter ill-will
Accord is balanced
Answer – D. Lucky
Cursed means to be the subject of misfortune, or to be unlucky.
Therefore, Lucky is the opposite.
Answer – A. Cheerful
Sullen means showing a disagreeable mood, or lacking cheer.
Therefore, Cheerful is the opposite.
Directions (Q. 11 – 15): Word Analogy, Choose the correct pain by analyzing the given pair.
11. Umbrage: Offense
A. Confusion: Penance
B. Infinity: Meaning
C. Decorum: Decoration
D. Elation: Jubilance
Answer – D. Elation: Jubilance
Umbrage and Offense are synonyms.
As well as Elation and Jubilance are also synonyms.
12. Dominance: Hegemony
A. Independence: Autonomy
B. Tolerance: Philanthropy
C. Romance: Sympathy
D. Furtherance: Melancholy
Answer – A. Independence: Autonomy
Hegemony means Dominance.
Similarly, Autonomy means Independence.
13. Dirge: Funeral
A. Chain: Letter
B. Bell: Church
C. Telephone: Call
D. Jingle: Commercial
Answer – D. Jingle: Commercial
A dirge is a song used at a funeral.
A jingle is a song used in a commercial.
14. Feral: Tame
A. Repentant: Honorable
B. Ephemeral: Immortal
C. Rancid: Rational
D. Repetitive: Recurrent
Answer – B. Ephemeral: Immortal
Feral and Tame are antonyms.
Similarly, Ephemeral and Immortal are also antonyms.
15. Phobic: Fearful
A. Finicky: Thoughtful
B. Cautious: Emotional
C. Envious: Desiring
D. Asinine: Silly
Answer – D. Asinine: Silly
To be phobic is to be extremely fearful
As well as, asinine is to be extremely silly.
Directions (Q. 16 – 18): Fill in the Blanks
16. This is the latest in a series of___________where forest departments have gone against the advice of conservation researchers; the fact that they were arm-twisted into doing so by animal-lovers makes it even more___________.
A. undue, retreat
B. instances, worrisome
C. overindulgent, submissive
D. heedlessness, domiciliary
Answer – B. instances, worrisome
17. Mere legislation is not enough to eradicate___________from society, but laws do have the utility value of curbing the prevalence of___________rituals and practices.
A. superstition, inhuman
B. chaperone, barren
C. sentry, parched
D. escort, thirsty
Answer – A. superstition, inhuman
18. Translocating a large carnivore as a response to___________does not work, Large predators need a certain prey___________and are territorial, and they would tend to find their way back, even over hundreds of kilometers, to their original habitat.
A. conflict, density
B. omission, devoted
C. dizzying, subdued
D. enormous, shelter
Answer – A. conflict, density
Directions (Q. 19 – 22): Spelling Correction
19. Which of the following spelling incorrect in the given context?
Answer – D. Arsnal
20. Which of the following spelling incorrect in the given context?
Answer – B. Sanaterium
21. Which of the following spelling incorrect in the given context?
Answer – C. Thearchy
22. Which of the following spelling incorrect in the given context?
Answer – D. Kenel
CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers PDF
|CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers – Important Links|
|To Download CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers PDF||Click Here|
As we have provided the CGI Verbal Ability Questions and Answers PDF above, it will be very easy for you to download and prepare for the test. So, follow us on FreshersNow.Com to know the updated information.
|★ Join Freshers Now Social Media Channels:||Click Here|