CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download: Applied for Management Trainee Computer Based Online Test 2022? Then, refer to the CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 and the CIL Management Trainee Exam Pattern 2022 available here in this page. As there is high competition for the post, applicants have to start the preparation immediately after downloading the CIL MT Exam Syllabus 2022 PDF from the end section of the page. Also, the subject wise CIL Management Trainee 2022 Syllabus Topics are furnished in the furthermore sections of the page. Go through the entire page and get the detailed CIL MT Exam Pattern 2022.
There will be 2 Papers in the Examination. The time duration of the online test is 3 Hours (in one sitting). Paper I consists of 100 Questions from the subjects General Knowledge/ Awareness, Reasoning, Numerical Ability, and General English. Paper-II consists of 100 Questions on the subjects of Professional Knowledge (Discipline related). Each question will carry 1 mark and there is no penalty for a wrong answer. The question paper shall be in English and Hindi. The type of question paper is a multiple choice questions (MCQ) type.
- 1 CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 – Details
- 2 CIL Management Trainee Exam Pattern 2022
- 3 Download CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 PDF
CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 – Details
|CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download|
|Organization Name||Coal India Limited|
|Post Name||Management Trainee|
|Selection Process||Computer Based Online Test|
CIL Management Trainee Exam Pattern 2022
Get the detailed CIL Management Trainee Exam Pattern 2022 from this section. The table given below will provide all the details related to the subjects, the number of questions, the number of marks, and the time duration of the exam. Also, by having a complete idea of the Coal India Limited Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 and the CIL MT Exam Pattern 2022 will help a lot in gaining knowledge about topics you need to cover in your preparation and the time management you need to maintain to complete section, which in turn helps in scoring the highest scores in the examination.
|Name of the Subject||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Paper II: Professional Knowledge||100||100|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
|Time Duration: 3 Hours|
|Multiple Choice Objective Questions|
NOTE: There is no negative marking.
Download CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 PDF
Aspirants who wish to start their preparation immediately for CBT exam should make themselves aware about the CIL Management Trainee 2022 Syllabus and all the topics related to it. Down here, we have furnished the subject-wise CIL MT Exam Syllabus 2022 Topics which are very useful for the aspirants in the preparation process. Also, get the CIL MT Exam Pattern 2022 PDF from the direct links provided below. Save it to your device and practice them regularly. Moreover, preparing complete CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022, and giving your best in the exam helps the aspirants to score well at the time of the exam.
CIL MT General Awareness Syllabus
- Countries & Capitals
- Knowledge of Current Events
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Economy, Banking, and Finance
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Important Financial & Economic News
- Indian Constitution
- India and its neighbouring countries
- Scientific Research
- General Politics
CIL Management Trainee Numerical Ability Syllabus
- Number System
- Fractions and relationships between numbers
- Basic algebraic identities of School Alge, Factor
- Heights, and Distances
- A.P. & G.P.Series
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture and Allegation
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time and distance
- Time & Work
- Square roots
CIL MT Reasoning Syllabus
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Non- verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning and figure classification
- Arithmetic number series
- Word Building statement conclusion
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Syllogistic reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Number Classification
- Figural Classification etc.
CIL MT General English Syllabus
- Fill in the blanks (verbs, Preposition etc.)
- Error recognition
- Mis-spelt words
- Idioms & phrases
- One word substitution
- Sentences structure
- Sentence completion
- Shuffling of sentence parts
- Shuffling of sentences in a passage
- Comprehension passage
- Spelling/ Detecting
- Engineering Mechanics: Free body diagrams and equilibrium; trusses and frames; virtual work; kinematics and dynamics of particles and of rigid bodies in plane motion; impulse and momentum (linear and angular) and energy formulations, collisions.
- Mechanics of Materials: Stress and strain, elastic constants, Poisson’s ratio; Mohr’s circle for plane stress and plane strain; thin cylinders; shear force and bending moment diagrams; bending and shear stresses; deflection of beams; torsion of circular shafts; Euler’s theory of columns; energy methods; thermal stresses; strain gauges and rosettes; testing of materials with universal testing machine; testing of hardness and impact strength. Theory of Machines: Displacement, velocity and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms; dynamic analysis of linkages; cams; gears and gear trains; flywheels and governors; balancing of reciprocating and rotating masses; gyroscope. Vibrations: Free and forced vibration of single degree of freedom systems,
- Theory of Machines: Displacement, velocity and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms; dynamic analysis of linkages; cams; gears and gear trains; flywheels and governors; balancing of reciprocating and rotating masses; gyroscope.
- Vibrations: Free and forced vibration of single degree of freedom systems, effect of damping; vibration isolation; resonance; critical speeds of shafts.
- Machine Design: Design for static and dynamic loading; failure theories; fatigue strength and the S-N diagram; principles of the design of machine elements such as bolted, riveted and welded joints; shafts, gears, rolling and sliding contact bearings, brakes and clutches, springs.
- Fluid Mechanics: Fluid properties; fluid statics, manometry, buoyancy, forces on submerged bodies, stability of floating bodies; control-volume analysis of mass, momentum and energy; fluid acceleration; differential equations of continuity and momentum; Bernoulli’s equation; dimensional analysis; viscous flow of incompressible fluids, boundary layer, elementary turbulent flow, flow through pipes, head losses in pipes, bends and fittings.
- Heat-Transfer: Modes of heat transfer; one dimensional heat conduction, resistance concept and electrical analogy, heat transfer through fins; unsteady heat conduction, lumped parameter system, Heisler’s charts; thermal boundary layer, dimensionless parameters in free and forced convective heat transfer, heat transfer correlations for flow over flat plates and through pipes, effect of turbulence; heat exchanger performance, LMTD and NTU methods; radiative heat transfer, Stefan- Boltzmann law, Wien’s displacement law, black and grey surfaces, view factors, radiation network analysis.
- Thermodynamics: Thermodynamic systems and processes; properties of pure substances, behaviour of ideal and real gases; zeroth and first laws of thermodynamics, calculation of work and heat in various processes; second law of thermodynamics; thermodynamic property charts and tables, availability and irreversibility; thermodynamic relations.
- Applications: Power Engineering: Air and gas compressors; vapour and gas power cycles, concepts of regeneration and reheat. I.C. Engines: Air-standard Otto, Diesel and dual cycles. Refrigeration and air-conditioning: Vapour and gas refrigeration and heat pump cycles; properties of moist air, psychrometric chart, basic psychrometric processes. Turbomachinery: Impulse and reaction principles, velocity diagrams, Pelton-wheel, Francis and Kaplan turbines. Engineering Materials: Structure and properties of engineering materials, phase diagrams, heat treatment, stress-strain diagrams for engineering materials. Casting, Forming and Joining Processes: Different types of castings,
- Engineering Materials: Structure and properties of engineering materials, phase diagrams, heat treatment, stress-strain diagrams for engineering materials. Casting, Forming and Joining Processes: Different types of castings,
- Casting, Forming and Joining Processes: Different types of castings, design of patterns, moulds and cores; solidification and cooling; riser and gating design. Plastic deformation and yield criteria; fundamentals of hot and cold working processes; load estimation for bulk (forging, rolling, extrusion, drawing) and sheet (shearing, deep drawing, bending) metal forming processes; principles of powder metallurgy. Principles of welding, brazing, soldering and adhesive bonding.
- Machining and Machine Tool Operations: Mechanics of machining; basic machine tools; single and multi-point cutting tools, tool geometry and materials, tool life and wear; economics of machining; principles of non-traditional machining processes; principles of work holding, design of jigs and fixtures.
- Metrology and Inspection: Limits, fits and tolerances; linear and angular measurements; comparators; gauge design; interferometry; form and finish measurement; alignment and testing methods; tolerance analysis in manufacturing and assembly. Computer Integrated Manufacturing: Basic concepts of CAD/CAM and their integration tools. Production Planning and Control: Forecasting models, aggregate production planning, scheduling, materials requirement planning. Inventory Control: Deterministic models; safety stock inventory control systems. Operations Research: Linear programming,
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing: Basic concepts of CAD/CAM and their integration tools. Production Planning and Control: Forecasting models, aggregate production planning, scheduling, materials requirement planning. Inventory Control: Deterministic models; safety stock inventory control systems. Operations Research: Linear programming,
- Production Planning and Control: Forecasting models, aggregate production planning, scheduling, materials requirement planning. Inventory Control: Deterministic models; safety stock inventory control systems. Operations Research: Linear programming,
- Inventory Control: Deterministic models; safety stock inventory control systems.
- Operations Research: Linear programming, Operations Research, Linear programming, simplex method, transportation, assignment, network flow models, simple queuing models, PERT and CPM.
- Engineering Mechanics: System of forces, free-body diagrams, equilibrium equations; Internal forces in structures
- Friction and its applications; Kinematics of point mass and rigid body
- Centre of mass, Euler’s equations of motion; Impulse-momentum; Energy methods; Principles of virtual work
- Solid Mechanics: Bending moment and shear force in statically determinate beams
- Simple stress and strain relationships; Theories of failures; Simple bending theory, flexural and shear stresses, shear
- Solid Mechanics: Bending moment and shear force in statically determinate beams
- Simple stress and strain relationships; Theories of failures; Simple bending theory
- Flexural and shear stresses, shear centre; Uniform torsion, buckling of column, combined and direct bending stresses
- Structural Analysis: Statically determinate and indeterminate structures by force/ energy methods; Method of superposition; Analysis of trusses, arches, beams,
- Structural Analysis: Statically determinate and indeterminate structures by force/ energy methods; Method of superposition
- Analysis of trusses, arches, beams, cables and frames; Displacement methods: Slope deflection and moment distribution methods
- Influence lines; Stiffness and flexibility methods of structural analysis
- Construction Materials and Management: Construction Materials: Structural steel – composition, material properties and
- Construction Materials and Management: Construction Materials: Structural steel – composition, material properties and behavior
- Concrete – constituents, mix design, shortterm and long-term properties; Bricks and mortar; Timber; Bitumen.
- Construction Management: Types of construction projects; Tendering and construction contracts; Rate analysis and standard specifications;
- Cost estimation; Project planning and network analysis – PERT and CPM. Concrete Structures: Working stress, Limit
- Concrete Structures: Working stress, Limit state and Ultimate load design concepts; Design of beams, slabs, columns
- Bond and development length; Prestressed concrete; Analysis of beam sections at transfer and service loads
- Steel Structures: Working stress and Limit state design concepts; Design of tension and compression members, beams and beam- columns, column bases
- Connections – simple and eccentric, beam-column connections, plate
- Steel Structures
- Working stress and Limit state design concepts
- Design of tension and compression members, beams and beam- columns, column bases
- Connections – simple and eccentric, beam-column connections, plate girders and trusses; Plastic analysis of beams and frames.
- Soil Mechanics: Origin of soils, soil structure and fabric; Three-phase system and phase relationships, index properties; Unified and Indian standard soil classification system
- Permeability – one dimensional flow, Darcy’s law; Seepage through soils – two-dimensional flow, flow nets, uplift pressure, piping
- Principle of effective stress, capillarity, seepage force and quicksand condition; Compaction in laboratory and field conditions; One-dimensional consolidation, time rate of consolidation; Mohr’s circle, stress paths, effective and total shear strength parameters, characteristics of clays and sand.
- Foundation Engineering: Sub-surface investigations – scope, drilling bore holes, sampling, plate load test, standard penetration and cone penetration tests;
- Earth pressure theories – Rankine and Coulomb; Stability of slopes – finite and infinite slopes, method of slices and Bishop’s method; Stress distribution in soils – Boussinesq’s and Westergaard’s theories, pressure bulbs;
- Shallow foundations – Terzaghi’s and Meyerhoff’s bearing capacity theories, effect of water table; Combined footing and raft foundation;
- Contact pressure; Settlement analysis in sands and clays; Deep foundations – types of piles, dynamic and 2/4 static formulae, load capacity of piles in sands and clays, pile load test, negative skin friction.
- Fluid Mechanics: Properties of fluids, fluid statics; Continuity, momentum, energy and corresponding equations;
- Potential flow, applications of momentum and energy equations; Laminar and turbulent flow; Flow in pipes, pipe networks; Concept of boundary layer and its growth.
- Hydraulics: Forces on immersed bodies; Flow measurement in channels and pipes;
- Dimensional analysis and hydraulic similitude; Kinematics of flow, velocity triangles; Basics of hydraulic machines, specific speed of pumps and turbines;
- Channel Hydraulics – Energy depth relationships, specific energy, critical flow, slope profile, hydraulic jump, uniform flow and gradually varied flow
- Hydrology: Hydrologic cycle, precipitation, evaporation, evapo-transpiration, watershed, infiltration, unit hydrographs, hydrograph analysis, flood estimation and routing, reservoir capacity, reservoir and channel routing, surface run-off models, ground water hydrology – steady state well hydraulics and aquifers; Application of Darcy’s law.
- Irrigation: Duty, delta, estimation of evapo-transpiration; Crop water requirements;
- Design of lined and unlined canals, head works, gravity dams and spillways;
- Design of weirs on permeable foundation; Types of irrigation systems, irrigation methods; Water logging and drainage; Canal regulatory works, cross-drainage structures, outlets and escapes.
- Water and Waste Water: Quality standards, basic unit processes and operations for water treatment.
- Drinking water standards, water requirements, basic unit operations and unit processes for surface water treatment, distribution of water.
- Sewage and sewerage treatment, quantity and characteristics of wastewater.
- Primary, secondary and tertiary treatment of wastewater, effluent discharge standards.
- Domestic wastewater treatment, quantity of characteristics of domestic wastewater, primary and secondary treatment. Unit operations and unit processes of domestic wastewater, sludge disposal.
- Air Pollution: Types of pollutants, their sources and impacts, air pollution meteorology, air pollution control, air quality standards and limits.
- Municipal Solid Wastes: Characteristics, generation, collection and transportation of solid wastes, engineered systems for solid waste management (reuse/ recycle, energy recovery, treatment and disposal).
- Noise Pollution: Impacts of noise, permissible limits of noise pollution, measurement of noise and control of noise pollution.
- Transportation Infrastructure: Highway alignment and engineering surveys;
- Geometric design of highways – cross-sectional elements, sight distances, horizontal and vertical alignments;
- Geometric design of railway track; Airport runway length, taxiway and exit taxiway design.
- Highway Pavements: Highway materials – desirable properties and quality control tests;
- Design of bituminous paving mixes; Design factors for flexible and rigid pavements;
- Design of flexible pavement using IRC: 37-2012; Design of rigid pavements using IRC: 58- 2011; Distresses in concrete pavements.
- Traffic Engineering: Traffic studies on flow, speed, travel time – delay and O-D study, PCU, peak hour factor, parking study, accident study and analysis, statistical analysis of traffic data; Microscopic and macroscopic parameters of traffic flow, fundamental relationships;
- Control devices, signal design by Webster’s method; Types of intersections and channelization; Highway capacity and level of service of rural highways and urban roads.
- Surveying: Principles of surveying; Errors and their adjustment; Maps – scale, coordinate system; Distance and angle measurement – Levelling and trigonometric leveling;
- Traversing and triangulation survey; Total station; Horizontal and vertical curves.
- Photogrammetry – scale, flying height; Remote sensing – basics, platform and sensors, visual image interpretation; Basics of Geographical information system (GIS) and Geographical Positioning system (GPS).
- Electric circuits: Network graph, KCL, KVL, Node and Mesh analysis, Transient response of dc and ac networks Sinusoidal steady‐state analysis, Resonance, Passive filters, Ideal current and Voltage sources Thevenin’s Theorem, Norton’s theorem, Superposition theorem, Maximum power transfer theorem Two‐port networks, Three phase circuits, Power and power factor in ac circuit .
- Signals and Systems: Representation of continuous and discrete‐time signals, Shifting and scaling operations Linear Time Invariant and Causal systems, Fourier series representation of continuous periodic signals Sampling theorem, Applications of Fourier Transform, Laplace Transform and z-Transform
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements: Bridges and Potentiometers, Measurement of voltage, current, power, energy and power factor Instrument transformers, Digital voltmeters and multimeters, Phase, Time and Frequency measurement
Oscilloscopes, Error analysis.
- Analog & Digital Electronics: Characteristics of diodes, BJT, MOSFET; Simple diode circuits: clipping, clamping, rectifiers;
- Amplifiers: Biasing, Equivalent circuit and Frequency response; Oscillators and Feedback amplifiers; Operational amplifiers: Characteristics and applications; Simple active filters, VCOs and Timers, Combinational and Sequential logic circuits, Multiplexer, Demultiplexer, Schmitt trigger, Sample and hold circuits, A/D and D/A converters,
8085 Microprocessor: Architecture, Programming and Interfacing.
- Power Electronics: Characteristics of semiconductor power devices: Diode, Thyristor, Triac, GTO, MOSFET, IGBT; DC to DC conversion: Buck, Boost and Buck-Boost converters; Single and three phase configuration of uncontrolled rectifiers, Line commutated thyristor based converters, Bidirectional ac to dc voltage source converters, Issues of line current harmonics, Power factor, Distortion factor of ac to dc converters, Single phase and three phase inverters, Sinusoidal pulse width modulation
- Control Systems: Mathematical modeling and representation of systems, Feedback principle, transfer function, Block diagrams and Signal flow graphs, Transient and Steady‐state analysis of linear time invariant systems, Routh-Hurwitz and Nyquist criteria, Bode plots, Root loci,Stability analysis, Lag, Lead and Lead‐Lag compensators; P, PI and PID controllers; State space model, State transition matrix.
- Power Systems: Power generation concepts, ac and dc transmission concepts, Models and performance of transmission lines and cables, Series and shunt compensation, Electric field distribution and insulators, Distribution systems, Per‐unit quantities, Bus admittance matrix, Gauss Sideline and Newton-Raphson load flow methods, Voltage and Frequency control, Power factor correction, Symmetrical components, Symmetrical and unsymmetrical fault analysis, Principles of over‐current, differential and distance protection; Circuit breakers,System stability concepts, Equal area criterion.
- Electrical Machines: Single phase transformer: equivalent circuit, phasor diagram, open circuit and short circuit tests, regulation and efficiency; Three phase transformers: connections, parallel operation; Auto‐transformer, Electromechanical energy conversion principles, DC machines: separately excited, series and shunt, motoring and generating mode of operation and their characteristics, starting and speed control of dc motors; Three phase induction motors: principle of operation, types, performance, torque-speed characteristics, no-load and blocked rotor tests, equivalent circuit, starting and speed control; Operating principle of single phase induction motors; Synchronous machines: cylindrical and salient pole machines, performance, regulation and parallel operation of generators, starting of synchronous motor, characteristics; Types of losses and efficiency calculations of electric machines.
- Electromagnetic fields: Coulomb’s Law, Electric Field Intensity, Electric Flux Density, Gauss’s Law, Divergence, Electric field and potential due to point, line, plane and spherical charge distributions, Effect of dielectric medium, Capacitance of simple configurations, Biot‐Savart’s law, Ampere’s law, Curl, Faraday’s laws, Lorentz force, Inductance, Magnetomotive force, Reluctance, Magnetic circuits, Self and Mutual inductance of simple configurations.
Systems/ IT Engineering
- Algorithms: Searching, sorting, hashing. Asymptotic worst case time and space complexity. Algorithm design techniques: greedy, dynamic programming and divide‐and‐conquer. Graph Search,minimum spanning trees,shortest path.
- Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C. Recursion. Arrays, stacks, queues, linked lists, trees, binary search trees, binary heaps, graphs.
- Computer Networks: Concept of layering. LAN technologies (Ethernet). Flow and error control techniques, switching. IPv4/IPv6, routers and routing algorithms (distance vector, link state). TCP/UDP and sockets, congestion control. Application layer protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP). Basics of Wi-Fi. Network security: authentication, basics of public key and private key cryptography, digital signatures and certificates, firewalls.
- Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes. ALU, data‐path and control unit. Instruction pipe lining, Memory hierarchy, Cache, Main memory and secondary storage, I/O interface (interrupt and DMA mode).
- Databases: ER‐model. Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, SQL. Integrity constraints, normal forms. File organization, indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees). Transactions and concurrency control.
- Operating System: Processes, threads, inter‐process communication, concurrency and synchronization. Deadlock,CPU, Scheduling,Memory Management and virtual memory, Fire Systems
- Digital Logic: Boolean algebra. Combinational and sequential circuits. Minimization. Number representations and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
- Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, parsing, syntax-directed translation. Run time environments. Intermediate code generation.
- Theory of Computation: Regular expressions and finite automata. Context-free grammars and push-down automata. Regular and context-free languages, pumping lemma. Turing machines and undesirability.
|CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 – Important Links|
|To Download CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|
Download the CIL Management Trainee Syllabus 2022 from the above given link and proceed for preparation. For more regular updates like this, please visit our website @freshersnow.com.
|★★ You Can Also Check ★★|
|CIL Management Trainee Previous Question Papers||CIL Recruitment|
|Government Jobs||Management Trainee Jobs|
|Engineering Govt Jobs||B.Sc Govt Jobs|