DigiLocker @ digilocker.gov.in – Online Registration, DigiLocker Mobile Application, Working, Benefits, Statistics: DigiLocker is a national service that is launched by the Indian Government in the year 2015 with the storage of 1GB. This DigiLocker was launched for all the Indian citizens to store their crucial documents/ Certificates such as Aadhaar, PAN, and other Government Certificates as Cloud. This is the cloud-based platform through which the government documents issued and verified digitally by the concerned department. The platform also allows a user to share issued documents through registered repositories.
- 1 DigiLocker – Overview
- 2 DigiLocker Benefits
- 3 Steps For DigiLocker Registration
- 4 DigiLocker Statistics
- 5 Links To Download DigiLocker Mobile Application
- 6 What is the Working Process of DigiLocker?
- 7 How To Upload Certificates and Documents?
- 8 How To eSign Documents in DigiLocker?
- 9 How to Share Documents Via DigiLocker?
- 10 Security of the DigiLocker
- 11 DigiLocker – Frequently Asked Questions
DigiLocker – Overview
|Name of the Facility||DigiLocker|
|Objective||Allows a user to share issued documents through registered repositories|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Storage Capacity||1 GB|
- Digolocker helps the citizen to access their digital documents from anywhere at any time.
- These documents are directly issued by the registered issuers. so, the validation of the authentication and genuineness of documents becomes easy.
- It reduces the physical strain of carrying some papers and documents as per the physical strain.
- These e-documents are more secure and protected than physical documents.
- It saves time and is more convenient than other methods.
Steps For DigiLocker Registration
- Visit the official website of the Digilocker @ digilocker.gov.in.
- Click on the “Signup” button which will appear top right of the homepage blue in color.
- Signup page will appear to you then, enter your mobile number.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Now create your Username and strong password according to the instructions given on the site.
- Now, click on the “DigiLocker Signup” button.
- To avail the services of the Digilocker, one should enter the Aadhar number.
- After entering the Aadhar number into the specified box, give a tick mark that is clicked on the box below the box of Aadhar number.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button.
- Then, you can log in to the Digilocker account by entering the Username and Password.
Click Here For DigiLocker Registration
Links To Download DigiLocker Mobile Application
DigiLocker is also available in the form of Mobile Applications. Candidates can download the DigiLocker Mobile Application to use whenever required. So, we have provided the direct links below for Android, iOS users
- For Android Users – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digilocker.android
- For iOS Apple Users – https://apps.apple.com/in/app/digilocker/id1320618078
What is the Working Process of DigiLocker?
- Signup with your mobile number.
- Create your profile using the Aadhar number.
- Get your documents issued by the government department and institutions.
- Upload the documents in your account.
- eSign them to establish its authenticity.
- Share these documents with Requesters for authentication and Verification.
- The requesters can verify the documents submitted by you online.
- Finally, approve your application request.
How To Upload Certificates and Documents?
To upload the certificates and documents in the DigiLocker, you can follow the below-mentioned steps and get the documents to be uploaded.
- After signing up, click on the “Uploaded Documents.“
- Click on the “Upload” button which exists at top of the screen.
- Here you can choose the location of the documents that you wanted to upload in the Digilocker.
- You can also select and set multiple documents at a time.
- Click on the “Select document type”.
- Drop-box will appear on the screen.
- Click on the “Save” button.
How To eSign Documents in DigiLocker?
- Login in the Digilocker account using the desktop or mobile application.
- Open the “Upload Documents” icon.
- Click on the “eSign” link provided in front of the document.
- Enter the OTP in the textbox which was received to your registered mobile.
- Selected documents will be signed.
- Visit the official website.
- Sign-in into the account carefully.
- Click on the “Upload documents” link.
- Click on the “Share” link given in the same section.
- Enter the email ID of the person that would share with.
- Click on the “Send” button.
- Finally, the selected documents will be sent to that person.
Security of the DigiLocker
- Every time when you enter into the account, you have to log in to the account.
- OTP will be sent to your registered phone number.
- The Pin sent in the OTP must be entered into your account.
- This added layer of security prevents anyone from accessing your details in the app even if they have your smartphone.
- The organization carries out a security audit from time to time to find loopholes in the system and prevent any security breach.
To Check DigiLocker Details: Click Here (Available Now)
If you want to get more details on DigiLocker, then you can visit our portal at Freshers Now. So, keep checking our portal for more updated information.
DigiLocker – Frequently Asked Questions
When was the DigiLocker launched?
The DigiLocker was launched by the Indian Government in the year 2015.
What are the DigiLocker Benefits?
Citizens can access their digital documents anytime, anywhere, and share them online. This is convenient and time-saving. Moreover, the Digital Locker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers. It reduces the administrative overhead of Government departments by minimizing the use of paper.
I am an NRI, am I able to sign in with the non-Indian/ Foreign number?
No, you can only sign in by using an Indian mobile number.
What is the official website to check the DigiLocker Details?
Candidates can visit the official website @ https://digilocker.gov.in/ to check the DigiLocker Details.