GATE Notification 2018-2019: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. With the help of the GATE Score, the applicants can get the admission into M. Tech. / Ph.D. programmes in IITs, IISc, IISERs and other reputed institutions. The GATE 2019 Application Form will be available from September 2018. To apply for GATE 2019, students will have to register at GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System).
- 1 GATE Notification 2018-2019
- 1.1 GATE Notification 2018-2019 Overview
- 1.2 GATE 2018-2019 Important Dates
- 1.3 GATE Eligibility Criteria 2018-2019
- 1.4 GATE Application Process 2018-2019
- 1.5 GATE Application Fee 2018-2019
- 1.6 GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
- 1.7 Filling GATE Application Form 2018-2019
- 1.8 How To Apply For GATE Notification 2018-2019
GATE Notification 2018-2019
IIT Madras will open the GATE Registration for the students. The organizing institute will allow applicants to make corrections in the application form. And, all the aspirants need to check the eligibility criteria before starting the application process. Competitors can verify the information about the GATE 2019 on www.iitm.ac.in. In the below sections, we have arranged the particulars of the application process and the eligibility details. At the end of this page, the contenders can find the link to apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019. To get an overview of the GATE Notification 2018-2019 applicants needs to check the below table.
You Can Also Check: ★ GATE Previous Year Question Papers
GATE Notification 2018-2019 Overview
|Name Of The Organization||IIT Madras|
|Name Of The Examination||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Date Of Written Exam||February 2019|
|Sub Category||Engineering Entrance Exams|
|Notification release date||September 2018|
|Notification last date||October 2018|
You Can Also Check: ★ GATE Admit Card
GATE 2018-2019 Important Dates
IIT Madras will release the important dates and events of the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2019. From this section, the applicants can check the dates to apply for the GATE Notification 2018-2019.
|Activity||Date and Timings|
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||September 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application (through Website)||October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||November 2018|
|Hall Ticket will be available in the Online Application Portal||January 2019|
|GATE 2019 Examination||February 2019|
|Announcement of the Results in the Application Portal||March 2019|
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2018-2019
Before starting the application process, the applicant must ensure that he/she meets the educational eligibility criteria of GATE 2019. There are no age limit criteria for the GATE applicants. Students who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India:
- Must have finished or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least four years) in Engineering/Technology or
- Must have completed or are in the last year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration: at least two years) in any relevant subjects in science.
You Can Also Check: ★ GATE Syllabus
List Of Eligible Qualifying Examinations:
- B.Sc (Research)/B.S
- M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent
- Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch)
- Integrated M.Sc./Intergrated B.S-M.S
- Integrated M.E/M.Tech (Post – B.Sc)
- Integrated M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)
GATE Application Process 2018-2019
Application for GATE 2019 must be submitted online by paying the necessary application fee. For GATE 2019, all information related to the application process will be available on the GOAPS website. The photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ST/PWD) must be uploaded during the online application process. Students must enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License. The applicants who do not possess any of these identity cards may please procure any one of them before making the application.
You Can Also Check: ★ GATE Result
GATE Application Fee 2018-2019
Payments have to be made online with the help of either net banking or debit card or credit card. As per the prevailing conditions, additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applied. These charges will be specified on the payment portal.
For Examination Centres In India:
- Female candidates 750
- SC/ST/PWD category candidates 750
- All other candidates 1500
For Examination Centres in Foreign Countries (All Candidates):
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu US$ 50
- Dubai and Singapore US$ 100
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
GOAPS Registration: A contenders must first register by providing full name, a valid e-mail address, mobile number and by choosing a password. All communications from the GATE offices will be sent to this e-mail address. Give your mobile number and e-mail address, because most of the conversation will be through e-mail and SMS.
GOAPS Enrollment ID: Each GOAPS registered aspirant will be provided with an Enrollment ID. Upon registration, an e-mail containing the GOAPS Enrollment ID will be sent to the applicant. This Enrollment ID will be the reference ID for all future communication.
GOAPS Password: The student has to choose a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrollment ID to login to GOAPS.
Filling GATE Application Form 2018-2019
After due registration, the aspirants need to fill the application form and submit through GOAPS. If someone else (friend or Internet cafe person) is filling the application on behalf of the candidate, the applicant must ensure that the data submitted are correct. Based on the earlier experiences, submission through a third person is highly discouraged to ensure an error-free application. Before starting the filling of the application form, the contenders need to check all the particulars. The data which is provided in the form at the time of registration will be finalized, and officials will reject the applications if any mistakes are there related to the information. Hence, the individuals need to verify all the details once before submitting the application form.
Information Required For Form Filling:
- Personal Information
- Address For Communicating
- Eligibility Degree Details
- College name and Address
- GATE Paper Subject
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PWD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
How To Apply For GATE Notification 2018-2019
- Visit the official site of the IIT Madras @ www.iitm.ac.in
- The homepage of the IIT Madras will appear on the screen
- Check for the GATE Notification 2018-2019 details
- Click on the link
- Fill the application form with GOAPS login details
- Submit the application form
To Apply For GATE Notification 2018-2019: (Link Will Be Updated Soon)
Check all the details of the GATE Notification 2018-2019 from this article. Follow Freshers Now to know more updates.