GATE Syllabus 2020 PDF Download | Exam Pattern Of Questions for all branches (CSE, ECE, EEE, Civil, Mechanical, IN, PI, Electrical) is made available on this page. The syllabus for this year is the same as the last year’s one. For all the branches or subjects in Engineering, we have arranged the topics on this page. Candidates who have applied for the GATE 2020 need to participate in the test on the given date and time.
And the GATE 2020 Syllabus is based on the disciplines studied in the qualifying examination. It is a must for the competitors to know the syllabus for the test along with the GATE Pattern 2020 before starting the gate.iitd.ac.in Exam Preparation. We have provided a link to check the GATE Syllabus 2020 from the official web portal at the last of this article. Hence, all the students need to check the topics of the syllabus with the help of this post.
- 1 GATE Syllabus 2020
- 1.1 GATE 2020 Syllabus (CSE, ECE, EE, ME, CE, IN, PI)
- 1.2 GATE Examination Duration 2020
- 1.3 GATE Syllabus 2020 – Exam Pattern Of Questions
- 1.4 GATE Marking Scheme 2020
- 1.5 Download GATE Syllabus 2020 PDF’s
GATE Syllabus 2020
GATE 2020 examination will conduct for 23 papers (subjects) as listed in the below sections. A student can appear for only one of the 23 GATE papers. The exam for all the papers will organize in an Online Computer Based Test (CBT) mode where the aspirants will be shown the questions on a computer screen. A Virtual Scientific Calculator will be available on the computer screen during the test. Applicants have to use the same during the exam. Personal calculators, wristwatches, mobile phones or any other electronic devices are not allowed inside the examination hall. Candidates should not bring any charts/tables/papers into the test hall. The officials will not be responsible for the safe-keep of the competitors’ personal belongings.
GATE 2020 Syllabus (CSE, ECE, EE, ME, CE, IN, PI)
|Name Of The Organization||IIT Delhi|
|Name Of The Examination||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Sub Category||Engineering Entrance Exams|
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
★ You Can Also Check ★
|GATE Admit Card|
|GATE Previous Year Question Papers PDF|
|GATE Answer Key|
GATE Examination Duration 2020
All the papers of the GATE 2020 examination will be for 3 hours duration and they consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. Since the examination is an ONLINE computer-based test, at the end of the stipulated time (3-hours), the computer will automatically close the screen inhibiting any further action. Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination.
Also, aspirants can log in and start reading the instructions 20 minutes before the start of the examination. Candidates will NOT be permitted to enter the examination hall after 10:00 hours in the forenoon session and after 15:00 hours in the afternoon session. Candidates will NOT be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
GATE Syllabus 2020 – Exam Pattern Of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions: MCQ carrying one or two marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective, and each will have a choice of four options, out of which the aspirant has to choose (mark) the correct answer.
Negative Marking for Wrong Answers: For an incorrect answer chosen, there will be negative marking. For one-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for two-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Numerical Answer Type: NAT Questions are carrying one or two marks each in all the papers and sections. For these questions, the solution is a signed real number, which needs to be entered by the applicant using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor.
GATE Marking Scheme 2020
General Aptitude (GA) Questions
In all papers, GA questions carry a total of 15 marks. It includes five questions bearing one mark each (sub-total five marks) and five questions carrying two marks each (sub-total ten marks).
GG (Geology and Geophysics) Paper
Apart from the General Aptitude (GA) section, the GG question paper consists of two parts: Part A and Part B. Part A are compulsory for all the candidates. Part B contains two sections: Section 1 (Geology) and Section 2 (Geophysics). Candidates will have to attempt questions in Part A and questions in either Section 1 or Section 2 of Part B.
Part A consists of 25 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 25 marks and some of these may be numerical answer type questions). Either section of Part B (Section 1 and Section 2) consists of 30 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 60 marks and some of these may be numerical answer type questions).
XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)
- General Aptitude section for 15 marks.
- Section – A: Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory): It includes 11 questions for 15 marks. From the whole, seven questions will carry one score and the remaining will of two marks.
- Any Two Sections of XE (B to H): The choice of two sections from B to H can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only TWO optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (B to H). Each of the optional sections of the XE paper (Sections B through H) contains 22 questions carrying a total of 35 marks: 9 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 9 marks) and 13 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 26 marks). Some questions may be of numerical answer type.
XL Paper (Life Sciences)
- General Aptitude section for 15 marks.
- Section – P: Chemistry (Compulsory): It includes 15 questions for 25 marks. From the whole, five questions will carry one mark and the remaining will of two marks.
- Any Two Sections of XL (Q to U): The choice of two sections from Q to U can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only TWO optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (Q to U). Each of the optional sections of the XL paper (Sections Q through U) contains 20 questions carrying a total of 30 marks: 10 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 10 marks) and 10 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 20 marks). Some questions may be of numerical answer type.
Question Papers other than GG, XE, and XL
These papers would contain 25 questions carrying one mark each sub-total of 25 marks and 30 questions bearing two marks each consisting of both the MCQ and NAT Questions.
Download GATE Syllabus 2020 PDF’s
We have attached a direct link for the official portal to check the GATE Syllabus 2020. For each branch in engineering, the officials have provided the separate syllabus PDF. So, the competitors can check and download the PDF to prepare for the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). The topics and the exam pattern is same as the last year ones. For this year, the management has not announced the syllabus. Students can check this post frequently to get the latest updates. For the sake of candidates, we will update the link after the publishing of the syllabus for this year.
To Download GATE Syllabus 2020 PDF: Click Here
We hope all the candidates have got detailed information. And our Freshers Now is a site that will provide all the latest news for the students like GATE Syllabus 2020.