Hexaware Aptitude Questions and Answers with Explanation for Freshers PDF: For the sake of the job seekers, we have clearly provided the Hexaware Aptitude Questions and Answers in PDF Format. Candidates can easily crack the Hexaware Aptitude section in the placement exam. In the below table, we have also provided the Aptitude chapters from which the questions may appear in the exam. Further, we have given the expected number of questions that come from each topic. Moreover, you can easily get the Hexaware Aptitude Questions and Answers With Explanation in detail. So, download the Hexaware Aptitude Questions and Answers PDF through the link given on our Freshers Now page.
Hexaware Aptitude Questions and Answers For Freshers
Number of Questions: 20 Questions
Time Duration: 20 Mins
|Topics||Questions Asked (Approximately)|
|Profits & Loss||3-6 Questions|
|Ratio and Proportion||3-5 Questions|
|Boats and Streams||1-3 Questions|
|Simple Interest||3-4 Questions|
|Compound Interest||2-3 Questions|
|Problems on Boats and Streams||3-4 Questions|
Hexaware Aptitude Questions and Answers with Explanation
1. I make a profit of 20% by selling an article. What would be the profit percent if it were calculated on the selling price instead of the cost price?
A. 10 %
Answer – D. 16.67%
Let us assume
Cost Price = 100
Then 20% of profit means
Selling Price is = 120.
Now, Profit %, if it was calculated on SP, will be
20/120 × = 16.67%.
2. A shopkeeper purchased some goods for Rs.900 and sold one-third of the goods at a loss of what 12%, then at gain % should the remainder goods, he sold to gain 18% profit on the whole transaction?
Answer – D. 33%
1/3rd at 12% loss = 900/3 = 300
As well as 18% of profit on the whole transaction
900*18/100 = 162
=> 600+162+36 = 798
198/600 *100 = 33%.
3. A man went shopping to buy a mobile for Rs.3500, the rate of sales tax is 8%. He tells the shopkeeper to reduce the price of mobile to such an extent that has to pay Rs.3500, inclusive of all taxes. Find the reduced price.
Answer – C. Rs.260
Given that the rate of sales tax is 8%
Then, 3500*100/108 = 3240
3500-3240 = 260.
4. Prasanth bought 20kg of rice at rupees 30 per kg and 40 kg of rice at 35 rupees per kg. Now he sold the entire lot at 45 rupees per kg. Find the amount of loss and profit made by Prasanth.
Answer – C. Rs.700
Total cost price = 20*30 + 40*35 = 2000
Total selling price = 45*60 = 2700
Hence, Profit made by Prasanth = 700 Rupees.
5. A trader sells two varieties of Rice X and Y. He Mixes 12 Kg of X with 16 kg of Y, and by selling this mixture at price of Y Rice he gets a 20% profit. If the price of X variety Rice is Rs.66 /Kg, then what is the price of Y variety /Kg.
Answer – D. Rs.108
120/100*(12*66+16B) = 28*B
Y = 108
Therefore, the price of Y variety of Rice is Rs. 108 /Kg.
6. Walking at the rate of 4 kmph a man cover a certain distance in 2 hr 45 min. Running at a speed of 16.5 kmph the man will cover the same distance in?
A. 10 min
B. 20 min
C. 40 min
D. 60 min
Answer – C. 40 min
Distance = Speed × time
Here time = 2hr 45 min = 11/4 hr
Distance = 4×11/4=11 km
New Speed =16.5 kmph
Therefore time = Distance/Speed=11/16.5=40 min.
7. Two trains starting at the same time from 2 stations 200 km apart and going in the opposite direction cross each other at a distance of 110 km from one of the stations. What is the ratio of their speeds?
A. 7: 3
B. 7: 5
C. 11: 9
Answer – C. 11: 9
By Analyzing the given information
In the same time, they cover 110 km and 90 km respectively.
For the same time, speed and distance are inversely proportional.
So ratio of their speed = 110: 90 = 11: 9.
8. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 kmph and including stoppages, it is 45 kmph. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
Answer – B. 10
Due to stoppages, it covers 9 km less.
Time taken to cover 9 km = (9/54)* 60 = 10
Therefore, the time does the bus stop per hour is 10 mins.
9. Rishi traveled 1800 kilometer by air which formed 3/5 of the total journey. He travels 1/4 of the trip by car and the remaining trip by train. Find the distance traveled by train.
A. 250 km
B. 350 km
C. 450 km
D. 550 km
Answer – C. 450 km
3/5 of Distance D = 1800.
Hence, the Actual Distance D = 3000 km
1/4 of 3000 = 750
Therefore, Distance travelled by train = 3000 – 1800 – 750 = 450 km.
10. Sunaina traveled a distance of 50 km in 7 hrs. She traveled the distance partly on foot at 5 kmph and partly on a bicycle at 8 kmph. What is the distance that she traveled on foot?
A. 8 km
B. 5 km
C. 10 km
D. 13 km
Answer – C. 10 km
Let us assume the distance that Sunaina traveled on foot = x
Then, x/5 + 50-x/8 =7
8x+250-5x = 7*40
3x+250 = 280
3x = 30
x = 30/3 = 10 km.
11. 30 men can complete a work in 16 days. Six days after they started working, so 20 more men joined them. How many days will they now take to complete the remaining work?
A. 5 days
B. 6 days
C. 8 days
D. 12 days
Answer – B. 6 days
Let us assume the days taken to complete the remaining work = x.
Then, 30*6 / (6/16) = 50*x / (1-(6/16))
x = 6 days.
12. 10 buckets of water fill a taken when the capacity of each bucket is 14 liter. How many buckets will be needed to fill the same tank, if the capacity of each bucket is 7 liters?
Answer – A. 20
Let us assume the Buckets need to fill the tank = x
10*14 = x*7
x = 10*14/7 = 20.
13. Three pipes of same capacity can fill a tank in 8 hours. If there are only two pipes of the same capacity, the tank can be filled in?
A. 12 hours
B. 16 hours
C. 17 hours
D. 24 hours
Answer – A. 12 hours
Given, The part of the tank filled by three pipes in one hour = 1/8
Then, The part of the tank filled by two pipes in 1 hour = 2/3 * 1/8 = 1/12.
Therefore, The tank can be filled in 12 hours.
14. A pump can fill a tank with water in 2 hours. Because of a leak, it took 2: 20 hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the tank in?
A. 4 hrs
B. 7 hrs
C. 8 hrs
D. 14 hrs
Answer – D. 14 hrs
Work done by the tank in 1 hour = (1/2 – 1/3) = 1/14
A leak will empty the tank in 14 hrs.
15. The price of sugar is reduced by 3%. How many kgs of sugar can now be bought for the money which was sufficient to buy 50kg of rice earlier?
A. 50 kg
B. 51.5 kg
C. 55 kg
D. 56 kg
Answer – B. 51.5 kg
Let us assume, the cost of 1 kg of sugar earlier = Rs. 100
So, 50 kg of sugar earlier = Rs. 5000
Given that the cost of the sugar reduced by 3%
Now, 1 kg of sugar = Rs. 97
Therefore, Quantity to buy now = 5000/97 = 51.5 kg.
16. 40% of the students like Science, 50% like Hindi and 10% like both Science and Hindi. What % of the students like neither Hindi nor Science?
Answer – A. 20%
n(S ∪ H) = n(S) + n(H) – n(S ∩ H)
n(S ∪ H) = 40+50-10 = 80
Therefore, the percentage of students who like neither English nor Mathematics = 100 – 80 = 20%.
17. In an examination, there are 3 subjects Physics, Biology, and Sanskrit of 100 marks each. Jayasri scores 60% and 80% in Physics and Biology. She scored 70% in aggregate. Her Percentage of mark in Sanskrit is?
Answer – C. 70
Given that the aggregate percentage in 3 subjects is 70%
So, Total percentage = 3×70 = 210
% in Sanskrit = 210 – (60+80) = 210 – 140 = 70.
18. The average age of 30 boys in a class is equal to 14 years. When the age of the class teacher is included the average becomes 15 years. Find the age of the class teacher?
Answer – D. 45.
Total ages of 30 boys = 14 x 30 = 420 years.
Total age including the class teacher = 15 x 31 = 465 years.
Hence, Age of class teacher = 465 – 420 = 45 years.
19. A rectangular sheet of 0.5 cm thickness is made from an iron cube of side 10 cm by hammering it down. The sides of the sheet are in the ratio 1: 5. Find the largest side of the sheet.
A. 50 cm
B. 60 cm
C. 70 cm
D. 100 cm
Answer – D. 100 cm
Sides = x and 5x
Now Volume of Rectangle = Volume of Cube
x*5x*(0.5) = 10*10*10
By solving you will get x = 20
Hence, the largest side = 5x = 5*20 = 100 cm.
20. The age of Vishnu is 54 yrs If Sudheer’s age is 36% more than that of Vishnu, What % is Vishnu’s age less than Sudheer?
Answer – B. 26%
Sudheer = 136*54/100 = 73
% of Vishnu’s age less than Sudheer= 73-54/73 = 26%.
Hexaware Aptitude Questions and Answers PDF
|Hexaware Aptitude Questions and Answers – Important Links|
|To Download Hexaware Aptitude Questions and Answers PDF||Click Here|
|★ Join Freshers Now Social Media Channels:||Click Here|