How To Prepare For SSC Steno Exam? Preparation Tips, Study Plan: Are you aiming to crack in the SSC Steno Examination? Then you are in safe hands by visiting our website, by advancing into this complete article, the visitors will surely close this article with utmost satisfaction by getting the best results with their search. The SSC Steno Exam will be organized by the authorities of the Staff Selection Commission for Grade C, D periodically every year. The SSC Stenographer Exam will be conducted in two stages are Written Test and Skill Test.
Furthermore, we have also provided the New SSC Stenographer Exam Preparation Tips, and Best SSC Stenographer Exam Reference Books, 30 Days SSC Stenographer Exam Study Plan in the below of this page. Therefore, participants should concentrate on both the theory part and they should have the grip on the Stenographer Skill Test. To crack in the SSC Steno Exam, the aspirants should have a commendable-mannered preparation strategy which leads to seeing success in the SSC Steno Exam at the first endeavor itself.
- 1 How To Prepare For SSC Steno Exam? Preparation Tips, Study Plan
- 2 SSC Stenographer Exam Study Plan
- 3 SSC Stenographer C and D Exam Pattern
- 4 Skill Test In Stenography
- 5 How To Crack SSC Stenographer Exam?
- 6 Topics Required During SSC Stenographer Exam Preparation
- 7 SSC Stenographer Exam Preparation Tips
- 8 Best SSC Stenographer Exam Reference Books
- 9 How To Prepare For SSC Steno Exam? – Frequently Asked Questions
How To Prepare For SSC Steno Exam? Preparation Tips, Study Plan
|How To Prepare For SSC Steno Exam? Preparation Tips, Study Plan|
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Post Name||Stenographer Grade C, D|
|Selection Process||Written Test, Skill Test|
|Job Location||Across India|
SSC Stenographer Exam Study Plan
As the SSC Stenographer is one of the competitive exams, where every candidate will show lots of interest in it, but the success will reach the candidate who puts all their efforts into learning the concepts and how they execute it. Before commencing up the SSC preparation, candidates should understand what is the SSC Syllabus and its Exam Pattern. By knowing it, aspirants will have some notion about what is the synopsis for the SSC Stenographer Exam and how the SSC model paper is constructed. By having all these schemes in the aspirant’s mind they can prepare themselves in which topic of the syllabus they are aware of and can prepare accordingly. As we have furnished the exam pattern in the below table, candidates are advised to follow it accurately.
SSC Stenographer C and D Exam Pattern
|Name Of the Subject||Number Of Questions/ Number Of Marks||Duration Of Time|
|Part – I:||50 Questions – 50 Marks||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates who are allowed the use of a scribe)|
|Part – II:||50 Questions – 50 Marks|
|Part – III:||100 Questions – 100 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions – 200 Marks|
- The question paper will only include Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions
- Marks scored by the test takers in the CBE (Computer Based Examination) will be normalized through a formula that will be published officially through the Commission through a Notice. Such normalized scores will be used to ascertain the final merit and cut off marks.
- For every wrong answer, the candidate is going to incur a negative marking of 0.25 marks. Candidates must read every question very carefully
Skill Test In Stenography
The candidates who are shortlisted in the Computer Based Examination for the next stage will have to appear for the Skill Test in Stenography. Candidates 13 will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Steno Grade C and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade D. The matter will have to be transcribed on the computer. The transcription time is as follows:
How To Crack SSC Stenographer Exam?
- Participants are advised to prepare a timetable before beginning the preparation for the exam. The timetable plays a major role in the preparation of every candidate. Aspirants are suggested to prepare a well-structured timetable and should follow it perfectly. In the above pattern, candidates will get an idea from which topics the questions will be asked. Therefore, based on that, aspirants are suggested to prepare the timetable in which tougher subject should be started first.
- As the stenographer exam will be in English, aspirants are suggested to have a full fletched knowledge in the English Subject. It is possible when they refer to the News Paper regularly to get command on the subject.
- Students are advised to polish up all the topics of the English Subject, the aspirants should be at the level of knowing all the answers in English, and should not have any doubt about the subject.
- Along with the stenographic skills, the applicant should obtain knowledge in the happenings in the Nation and International sectors and should have the capability to utilize logic and rationality. Having all these skills helps to score better in the SSC Stenographer Exam easily.
- It is very important to have speed and accuracy in learning and applying the concepts, speed and accuracy play a major role at the time of learning and the exam as well. Candidates are advised to learn fast with more accuracy helps the candidates to build up their capacity in getting knowledge about the concepts.
- If you have any problem learning the concepts, you are suggested to take advice from the seniors who have participated in the SSC Steno Exam. Getting ideas and knowledge from them can help to shape yourself in the learning process.
- Candidates are strictly advised to avoid assuming about the theory completely by learning basic concepts, it is important to go with the complete topics and should also get the source from the other books from the related subject.
- After the completion of the SSC Steno preparation, it will be helpful for the candidates if they go and attempt the Previous Year’s Question Papers to get an idea about their performance. If they did not reach their level as they expected, they are suggested to practice once more and then attempt to get self-confidence.
- After preparing and trying all the previous year’s question papers, aspirants are suggested to go for the revision to get a complete grip over the subjects.
Topics Required During SSC Stenographer Exam Preparation
SSC Stenographer General Intelligence & Reasoning
It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate‟s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation, and other analytical functions.
SSC Group B & C General Awareness
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
Staff Selection Commission Steno English Language & Comprehension
In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, and its correct usage, etc. his/ her writing ability, would also be tested.
SSC Stenographer Exam Preparation Tips
- Candidates have to improve their speed level in typing which is strongly required for the SSC Stenographer.
- Learn all the important techniques and tricks which can improve your speed.
- Practice the grammar continuously, by solving the basic grammar, it feels like you got everything but no, grammar should be learned and practice continuously.
- As the steno exam also depends on the alphabet, applicants should have good command over the Numerical Sans Directions.
- And the most important thing is candidate should have a thinking ability, as the session of reasoning needs lots of logical and ideological conceptions.
- Be updated with the present events
- Be in touch with all the social norms
- Read the newspaper, novels, books every day to improve your vocabulary and understanding ability.
- As there is a negative marking in the SSC Steno Exam, keep this in mind and attempt the answers
- Don’t confuse yourself after viewing the question paper
- It is important to read the questions once and twice, Understand it and then answer
- Don’t waste the time in getting an answer to the unknown question
- If you don’t get the answer, move on to the next question
- Time Management is the most crucial element, don’t try to attempt the answers till the last moment.
- Try to finish the exam before ten minutes and check all the answers
- End the exam in the positive mode
Best SSC Stenographer Exam Reference Books
|Subjects Name||Name of the book||Author Name|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude||RS Agarwal|
|Quicker Mathematics||M Tyra|
|English Language||English Grammar||Wren and Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Essential English Grammar||Raymond Murphy|
|Objective General English||SP Bakshi|
|Objective General English||Dr. RS Aggarwal & Shri Vikas Aggarwal|
|Logical Reasoning||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||Kiran Publication|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|General Awareness||Lucent General Knowledge (available both in Hindi and English but English edition gives better coverage)||–|
|Any monthly magazine, such as Pratiyogita Darpan, Wizard, or Chronicle||–|
|One newspaper such as Hindu, Times of India, Hindustan times, etc||–|
|One yearbook, for reference, Manorama year book Any Budget special magazine||–|
We strongly believe the above information helped out the aspirants who are looking forward to participating in the SSC Stenographer Exam. To get more information about the SSC Stenographer Exam and many more competitive exams stay connected to our website freshersnow.com. And also assist our site to your friends who are aiming to score in the SSC Stenographer Exam.
How To Prepare For SSC Steno Exam? – Frequently Asked Questions
How many questions will be asked in the SSC Steno Exam?
200 Questions of Objective Type will be asked in the SSC Steno Exam.
What are the sections involved in the SSC Stenographer Examination?
General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, English Language & Comprehension are the sections involved in the SSC Stenographer Examination.
Is there any negative marking in the SSC Stenographer Exam?
For every wrong answer, the candidate is going to incur a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
Does FreshersNow provide SSC Steno Reference Books?
Yes, FreshersNow provides the best SSC Steno Reference Books along with the Perfect SSC Stenographer Study Plan.