PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download: Both the PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 and the PPSC Draftsmen Exam Pattern 2022 are given in this article. Start practicing for the Written Examination after downloading the PPSC Draftsmen Exam Syllabus 2022 PDF attached to the end of the page. In order to help the candidates appearing for the exam, we have collected the complete PPSC Draftsman Syllabus 2022 & PPSC Head Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 details from the official website of the Punjab Public Service Commission. So, gather all the information related to the PPSC Draftsmen Group B Syllabus 2022 and Pattern of the written test from the following sections.
There will be 2 Parts in the Written Examination. Part A contains 100 Multiple Choice Objective Questions from the Concerned subjects. And, Part B contains 20 Questions about the subjects logical reasoning, mental ability, and general knowledge. Each correct question will be awarded Four marks. And, there is a negative marking, that is 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. And, the time duration of the exam is 2 Hours. The question paper will be in English only.
PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 – Details
|PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern PDF Download|
|Organization Name||Punjab Public Service Commission|
|Post Names||Group B Posts – Head Draftsmen, Draftsmen|
|Selection Process||Written Competitive Examination|
PPSC Draftsmen Exam Pattern 2022
Along with the PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022/ PPSC Draftsman Syllabus 2022, check out the detailed PPSC Draftsmen Exam Pattern 2022 projected here in the form of a table. Having a complete idea of the PPSC Draftsmen Exam Pattern 2022 for the exam appearing candidates helps a lot in the preparation process. Practicing the marking scheme, the time management using the Exam Pattern and the PPSC Draftsmen Group B Syllabus 2022, helps in making good scores in the exam accordingly to get qualified in the Exam.
|Name of the Subjects||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Part A: Concerned Subjects||100||400|
|Total||120 Questions||480 Marks|
|Time Duration: 2 Hours|
|Multiple Choice Objective Questions|
- The question paper will be in English only.
- Each question carries 4 marks and for each correct answer, the candidate will get 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking in the written examination for questions wrongly answered i.e. for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- Unanswered/ Un attempted questions will be given no marks.
Download PPSC Draftsmen Group B Syllabus 2022 PDF
Just give a small click on the PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 PDF link to save it to your device. Aspirants can also make use of the PPSC Draftsmen Exam Syllabus 2022 Topics given for all subjects present in the PPSC Draftsmen Exam Pattern 2022. Note down all the important topics and complete full PPSC Draftsmen Exam Syllabus 2022 in time before the exam date approaches. And, get ready for the exam after the completion of the PPSC Draftsmen Group B Syllabus 2022.
Part-A: Concerned Subjects
- Importance of B.I.S., Introduction of Code for Practice of Architectural and Building Drawings (IS: 962- 1989),Layout of drawing. Lines, Lettering, Dimensioning. Knowledge of different types of Scales and Principle of R.F., Different types of projection views such as Orthographic, Isometric, Oblique and Prespective.
- Building Materials- Stones –classification, types, uses. Bricks – Manufacturing, characteristics, types, uses. Lime– characteristics, types, uses. Pozzolanic- classification, types, uses. Cement – Manufacturing, classification, types, uses and test of good cement. Sand – characteristics, types & uses. Clay Products – types, earthenware, stoneware, porcelain, terracotta, glazing. Mortar& Concrete –Types, uses Preparation, Proportion ad mixtures and applications. Timber–types, Structure, disease & defects, characteristics, seasoning. Preservation and uses.
- Alternative materials of Timber- Plywood, Block Board, Particle Board, Fireproof reinforced plastic, (FRP). Medium density fireboard (MDF) etc.
- Protective materials- Tar, bitumen, asphalt- Properties, application and uses Paints–characteristics, types, uses. Varnishes– characteristics, types, uses. Metal– characteristics, types, uses. Plastics –characteristics, types, use.
- Building Construction:- Sequence of construction of a building. Name of different parts of building.
- Stone masonry- Terms used and Classification. Principle of construction, Composite masonry. Strength of walls. Strength of Masonry.
- Brick masonry – Principle of construction of Bonds, Tools and Equipment used.
- Foundation-Purpose of Foundation, Causes of failure of Foundation, Types of Foundations, Drawing of footing, foundation, Setting out of building on ground excavation, Types of Shoring and Scaffolding details, Types of Underpinning and Timbering details. DPC. Arches. Lintels. Morter. R.C.C. Reinforcement. Doors & windows. Roofs. Floors. Trusses. Carpentry Joints. Stairs.
- Surveying-Introduction, History and Principal of chain surveying. Instruments Employed. Main divisions (plain & geodetic).Chain Surveying. Compass Surveying. Plane Table Surveying. Leveling. Theodolite. Total Station
- Computer aided drafting (CAD) -Operating system software & their use. Introduction of CAD. Basic commands of CAD
- Planning of Building-Principles of Planning& orientation of Building. Local Building Bye Laws
- Estimating & Costing- Methods of finding Quantities of materials.
- Roads and Railways- Principles of Planning & construction of Roads. Indian Railways & their Gauges
- Bridges-Culverts& Bridges.
- Irrigation & hydrology – Methods. Terms used in Irrigation. Storage & Reservoirs. Canals. Hydroelectric power house.
- Public Health Engineering- Public health system of Sanitation. Sanitary Fittings etc.
General Knowledge & Current Affairs: General Knowledge and Current affairs of National and International importance
- Economic issues.
- Polity issues.
- Environment issues
- Science and Technology.
- Any other current issues.
- (a) History of India with special reference to Indian freedom struggle movement.
(b) History of Punjab- 14th century onwards.
General Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude
- Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Mental Ability
- Basic numerical skills, numbers, magnitudes, percentage, numerical relation appreciation.
- Data analysis, Graphic presentation charts, tables, spreadsheets.
|PPSC Draftsmen Group B Syllabus 2022 – Important Link|
|Check and Download PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|
Follow our website @ Freshersnow.com regularly for all regular updates like PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022.
|★★ You Can Also Check ★★|
|Punjab PSC Recruitment||PPSC Draftsmen Previous Question Papers|
|Punjab Govt Jobs||Punjab Employment News|