RRB NTPC General Awareness Questions And Answers PDF: In this article, we have provided RRB NTPC GK Questions and Answers in PDF format as well as in Quiz format. So, RRB NTPC aspirants can either download the PDF and practice or they can practice through this article. Either way, it helps you to crack RRB NTPC GK exam. Please note that the questions provided in this article are collected from various RRB NTPC Previous Papers. These are sample or model RRB NTPC GK questions only.
RRB conducts the NTPC exam in 2 stages. RRB NTPC Stage 1 GK exam consists of 40 general awareness questions and the Stage 2 exam consists of 50 GK questions. We have provided both in PDF format. So users can easily download them through the below-provided links at the end of this article.
RRB NTPC General Awareness Topics
Number of Questions in Stage I – 40 Questions
Number of Questions in Stage II – 50 Questions
In the below table, we have provided RRB NTPC general awareness exam topics which you can expect in the actual exam.
|RRB NTPC GK Topics|
|Monuments and Places of India|
|History of India and Freedom Struggle|
|General Scientific and Technological|
|Flagship Government Programs|
|Transport Systems in India|
|India Railway Zones|
|Ministers of Indian Railways|
|Basics of Computers and Computer Applications|
|UN and Other important World Organizations|
|Current Events of Railways|
|Headquarters of Indian Railways|
|Plans of Indian Railways|
★ You Can Also Check ★
|RRB NTPC Admit Card|
|RRB NTPC Syllabus|
|RRB NTPC General Intelligence Questions & Answers|
|RRB NTPC Reasoning Questions and Answers|
|RRB NTPC Previous Papers|
Practice RRB NTPC GK Quiz Questions and Answers
1. The longest railway bridge in India is located on which lake?
A. Vembanad Lake
B. Pulicat Lake
C. Chilka lake
D. Kolleru Lake
Answer – A. Vembanad Lake
2. Indian railways that play an important role in our life was nationalized in?
Answer – B. 1951
3. The first Shatabdi express was introduced between which of the following locations?
A. Bombay and Thane
B. Bombay and Calcutta
C. New-Delhi and Jhansi
D. New-Delhi and Chennai
Answer – C. New-Delhi and Jhansi
4. New Humsafar Express, 3-tier AC train was flagged off between which two locations on 2 June 2018?
A. Ajmer and Rameshwaram
B. Gorakhpur and Anand Vihar
C. Agartala and Bengaluru
D. Jodhpur and Bandra
Answer – D. Jodhpur and Bandra
5. Elphinstone Road suburban railway station which was recently renamed as Prabhadevi is situated in?
Answer – A. Mumbai
6. Bilaspur-Manali-Leh Line, which would be the world’s highest railway line once launched will connect which of the following two locations?
A. Mumbai and Ladakh
B. New-Delhi and Kashmir
C. New-Delhi and Ladakh
D. New-Delhi and Manali
Answer – C. New-Delhi and Ladakh
7. Indian Railway Welfare Organisation, that works for the welfare of the Indian Railways is headquartered in?
C. Tamil Nadu
Answer – D. New-Delhi
8. As per the Union budget 2019, India will get its first bullet train in which year?
Answer – B. 2022-23
9. The first Rajdhani express that connects New-Delhi with other largest cities was introduced in which year?
Answer – C. 1969
10. Which of the following is the longest railway zone in India?
A. Northern Railways
B. Central Railways
C. Eastern Railways
D. Western Railways
Answer – A. Northern Railways
11. How much amount has been allocated for the Bengaluru metro rail project as per the Union Budget 2019-20?
A. Rs. 11,000 crore
B. Rs. 17,000 crore
C. Rs. 18,000 crore
D. Rs. 20,000 crore
Answer – B. Rs. 17,000 crore
12. Which of the following railway station has the longest railway platform in India?
A. Kharagpur railway station
B. Badlapur railway station
C. Gorakhpur railway station
D. Bilaspur railway station
Answer – C. Gorakhpur railway station
13. How many user-friendly sections are available under Rail Drishti Dashboard launched by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal?
A. 12 sections
B. 13 sections
C. 14 sections
D. 15 sections
Answer – D. 15 sections
14. Which of the following has been declared the cleanest railway station in the A1 category, as per 2018 cleanliness survey for Indian Railways?
Answer – D. Jodhpur
15. What is the tagline of Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)?
A. The lifeline of the nation
B. The lifeline of India
C. The lifeline of Indian Railways
D. The lifeline to people
Answer – A. The lifeline of the nation
16. Indian Railways is constructing the country’s longest railway tunnel and tallest bridge in which of the following states?
A. Jammu Kashmir and Assam
B. Manipur and Jammu and Kashmir
C. Assam and Maharashtra
D. Maharashtra and Jammu Kashmir
Answer – B. Manipur and Jammu and Kashmir
17. When was the first train steamed off in India?
Answer – B. 1853
18. Where is the Railway Staff College located?
Answer – C. Vadodara
19. Which of the following is the largest railway junction in India?
Answer – B. Mathura
20. Which of the following stations was formerly known as Victoria Terminus?
A. Churchgate Railway Station
B. Mumbai Central
C. Lokmanya Tilak Terminus
D. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
Answer – D. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
21. In which city is the Wheel and Axle Plant of the Indian Railways located?
D. Rae Bareli
Answer – C. Bangalore
22. The Maitree Express connects India with which of the following countries?
Answer – A. Bangladesh
23. As per the Insurance Policy Coverage for the Indian railway passengers, what is the sum insured if the person dies in a train accident?
A. 8 lakh
B. 10 lakh
C. 15 lakh
D. 18 lakh
Answer – B. 10 lakh
24. Which of the following railway station is situated in the extreme south?
A. Cochin railway station
B. Chennai railway station
C. Kanniyakumari railway station
D. Trivandrum railway station
Answer – C. Kanniyakumari railway station
25. As per the announcement of the Indian Railways on 31 March 2017, the target of complete electrification would be achieved by which year?
Answer – C. 2022
26. Which is India’s first double Decker train?
A. Ahmedabad Mumbai Central Express
B. Samjhuata Express
C. Guwahati Thiruvananthapuram Express
D. Ernakulam Hazrat Nizamuddin Duronto
Answer – A. Ahmedabad Mumbai Central Express
27. ‘Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat’ Abhiyan to ensure the standard of cleanliness was launched by which railway minister?
A. Piyush Goyal
B. Mamata Banerjee
C. Lalu Prasad Yadav
D. Suresh Prabhu
Answer – D. Suresh Prabhu
28. Which of the following is the busiest suburban railway network in India?
A. Chennai Suburban Railway
B. Lucknow – Kanpur Suburban Railway
C. Mumbai Suburban Railway
D. Kolkata Suburban Railway
Answer – C. Mumbai Suburban Railway
29. Who among the following is known as the father of Indian Railways?
A. Lord Ripon
B. Lord Dalhousie
C. Mahatma Gandhi
Answer – B. Lord Dalhousie
30. Which of the following is the headquarters of the newly established railway zone ‘East Coast Railways’?
Answer – D. Bhubaneswar
31. The International Union of Railways, an international body of the rail transport industry consists of how many members?
A. 190 members
B. 194 members
C. 180 members
D. 185 members
Answer – B. 194 members
32. The Future of Rail Report was prepared by the International Union of Railways in association with which organization?
A. International Energy Agency
B. NHPC Ltd.
C. NTPC Ltd.
D. None of these
Answer – A. International Energy Agency
33. Which express is launched under the Make in India Initiative and will offer world-class travel experience to the passengers in the coming years?
A. Gatimaan Express
B. Tejas express
C. Yuva express
D. Vande Bharat Express
Answer – D. Vande Bharat Express
34. In which of the following cities are located 3 zonal headquarters of Indian Railways?
D. New Delhi
Answer – A. Kolkata
35. Which of the following is the eastern-most division of the Indian Railways?
Answer – B. Tinsukia
36. Who was the first railway minister of Independent India?
A. Asaf Ali
B. Lal Bahadur Shastri
C. N. Gopalaswami Ayyanagar
D. John Mathai
Answer – D. John Mathai
37. Shatabdi Express trains were introduced in 1989 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of which of the following personalities?
A. Swami Vivekanand
B. Mahatma Gandhi
C. Jawaharlal Nehru
D. Rabindranath Tagore
Answer – C. Jawaharlal Nehru
38. Which of the following Express is the slowest express with an average speed of 10 kmph?
A. Vivek express
B. Nilgiri express
C. Garib Rath Express
D. Uday express
Answer – B. Nilgiri express
39. What is the rank of India in the world in terms of length of railroad network?
Answer – D. Fourth
40. Who among the following is the first female train driver of the Indian Railways in India?
A. Bhavani Kumari
B. Surekha Yadav
C. Rajshri Sachdeva
D. Ritu Chauhan
Answer – B. Surekha Yadav
RRB NTPC General Awareness Questions And Answers PDF
General Awareness Questions and Answers RRB NTPC Stage – I: Download
RRB NTPC Stage – II General Awareness Questions and Answers: Click Here
RRB aspirants can download RRB NTPC GK questions from the above-provided pdf links. We hope the provided RRB NTPC GK Quiz is useful to you to prepare for the RRB NTPC exam. All the best and keep visiting our website Freshersnow.com for the latest and regular updates about Railway notifications and practice materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I download RRB NTPC General Awareness Questions And Answers PDF from Freshers Now?
You can download RRB NTPC General Awareness Questions And Answers PDF from Freshers Now for both Stage I and Stage II Exam.
How many questions will be asked in RRB NTPC General Awareness section?
Number of Questions in Stage I – 40 Questions and Number of Questions in Stage II – 50 Questions
Which topics come under the RRB NTPC General Awareness section?
Indian Culture, Indian Economy, Monuments and Places of India, History of India and Freedom Struggle, General Scientific and Technological, Flagship Government Programs, Transport Systems in India, India Railway Zones, Ministers of Indian Railways, Basics of Computers and Computer Applications, UN and Other important World Organizations, Current Events of Railways, Headquarters of Indian Railways, Plans of Indian Railways.