TIFR GS 2020 Notification @ univ.tifr.res.in | Online Registration (Started), Dates, Eligibility: The officials of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) had released the TIFR GS Notification on their official site @ tifr.res.in. Candidates can submit the online TIFR GS Application Form from 24th October 2019. Go ahead and then check the complete details from this page. Check the TIFR GS Eligibility Criteria 2020 from this page before applying for the TIFR GS 2020.
Latest Update: The online application for TIFR GS 2020 is Available Now. Register Online for TIFR GS 2020 with the help of the link attached below. The last date to apply is 23rd November 2019.
The Nationwide Entrance Exam for Graduate School Admissions is scheduled for 8th December 2019. Candidates who are seeking for the Ph.D. Programmes at TIFR, they can check this page and apply. The last date to submit the Online GS 2020 Form is 23rd November 2019. The direct link given here for TIFR GS 2020 is activated as the officials made the application form available.
- 1 TIFR GS 2020 Notification – Overview
- 2 Programs Offered
- 3 TIFR GS 2020 – Important Dates
- 4 TIFR GS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 TIFR GS 2020 Application Fee
- 6 Documents Required While Applying For TIFR GS 2020
- 7 About TIFR Graduate School Admissions 2020
- 8 Details To Be Filled On TIFR GS 2020 Application Form
- 9 TIFR GS 2020 Admission Procedure
- 10 How To Submit Online TIFR GS Application Form 2020?
- 11 Links – TIFR GS 2020 Notification & Application Form
- 12 TIFR GS 2020 Admit Card
- 13 TIFR GS 2020 Exam Pattern
- 14 TIFR GS 2020 Syllabus
- 15 TIFR GS 2020 Result
- 16 TIFR GS 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
TIFR GS 2020 Notification – Overview
|Conducting Board||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Exam Name||Graduate School Admissions – Entrance Exam|
|Starting Date||24th October 2019 (Started)|
|Ending Date||23rd November 2019|
|Sub Category||Science Entrance Exams|
|Nationwide Entrance Examination Date||8th December 2019|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam, Interview|
|For Admissions Into||Ph.D. Programmes|
|Official Site For GS 2020||univ.tifr.res.in/gs2020|
★★ You Can Also Check ★★
|TIFR GS Syllabus|
|TIFR GS Previous Question Papers|
|TIFR GS Admit Card|
|TIFR GS Result|
- Computer & System Sciences
- Science Education
Integrated M.Sc – Ph.D. Programmes
- Computer & System Sciences
- Wildlife Biology & Conservation
TIFR GS 2020 – Important Dates
|Notification Release Date||16th October 2019|
|Application Process Begins||24th October 2019 By 3:00 PM – Started|
|Application Process Ends||23rd November 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||29th November 2019|
|TIFR GS 2020 Admission Test||8th December 2019|
|GATE based Admissions Open||5th February 2020|
|TIFR GS 2020 Test-Based Admissions Open||4th Week Of January 2020|
TIFR GS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- For Ph.D: M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Tech.
- For I-Ph.D.: B.A./ B.Sc./ B.E/ B.Tech. (Students already having/completing an M.Sc. degree by July 2020 are not eligible for I-Ph.D.).
- For Ph.D.: M.Sc./ M.S. in Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programs of duration not less than 5 years in total.
- For I-Ph.D.: M.E./ M.Tech./ B.Sc./ B.S./ B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of the program of duration not less than 3 years in total. Any other degree in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of the program (s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
In addition, I-Ph.D. candidates with not less than four or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TIFR-H for their Ph.D. program.
- For I-Ph.D.: B.Sc./ B.Pharm./ B.S. degree or equivalent degree. And candidates with B.E./B.Tech degrees can optionally get an M.Sc. degree by fulfilling the necessary requirements.
- For Ph.D.: M.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech./ M.Pharm. or equivalent degree.
Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on written test marks, CV, letters of recommendation, and Scientific write-up.
- For I-Ph.D./ M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ any branch of Biology) OR any 4-year degree program that awards a “Bachelor’s degree” including B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma (4-year course).
- For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ any branch of Biology) or any professional Master’s Degree (M.Pharma./ M.Tech.), or a greater than 4-year degree program (e.g. MBBS, BDS). Students holding an M.Sc. degree in a non-Biology-allied discipline such as Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Computer Science, and who wish to obtain an M.Sc. in Biology, will be offered the option of enrolling in the I-Ph.D. program at the time of joining.
- For M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation): Indian nationals who have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 50% in core subjects) and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation. Graduate nationals for Central, South, and Southeast Asian countries, with similar qualifications, are also eligible to apply.
Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability)
- For Ph.D: B.Tech./ B.E./ M.Tech./ M.E./ M.C.A./ M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related branches. Exceptionally well-qualified students with B.Tech./ B.E./ M.Tech./ M.E./ M.Sc. degrees in other disciplines may also be considered. Exceptionally well-qualified students with a three-year degree in related subjects may be considered for I-Ph.D.
TIFR GS 2020 Application Fee
The application fees can only be paid online through Internet banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI or other modes as available on our payment gateway.
- Male – Rs. 900
- Female – Rs. 300
Documents Required While Applying For TIFR GS 2020
- Scanned image of your Passport size photograph
- And also a Scanned copy of the signature
- A valid email id
- If you are applying under the Fee Waiver category, then scanned copy of the recommendation letter from the Principal/HOD of your college is required
- If you are applying under the disability category, you will require to upload the scanned copy of the disability certificate.
- An active mobile number
- Qualifying degree mark-sheet
About TIFR Graduate School Admissions 2020
The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) conducts the Nationwide Entrance Examination known by the name of Graduate School Admissions (GS). It is conducted to shortlist candidates for admission in Graduate Programme at TIFR in subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability), and Science Education.
Moreover, the Graduate School Admission is offered at the Mumbai campus and various National Centres of TIFR. TIFR exam for biology is also called the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS). Institutes like the Department of Biological Sciences (TIFR), TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (Hyderabad), etc accepts the JGEEBILS score.
Details To Be Filled On TIFR GS 2020 Application Form
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- PWD status
- Pin Code
- Test Center
- And Other Details
TIFR GS 2020 Admission Procedure
The admissions procedure (in all subjects, except Science Education) consists of an Online Test at one of the several nationwide centers, followed by Interviews of shortlisted candidates.
How To Submit Online TIFR GS Application Form 2020?
- Move to the official site of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) @ www.tifr.res.in.
- Check the home page and then select the Graduate Studies.
- Now, choose Admissions To Ph.D. Programmes under that drop-down list.
- Now, you will be redirected to the new website for TIFR GS 2020 @ univ.tifr.res.in/gs2020.
- Then, click the Apply Online button.
- Now, fill all the details and then upload the required documents.
- Cross-check your details and then submit the form.
- You can also download the TIFR GS Application Form 2020 and take a printed copy for further usage.
Links – TIFR GS 2020 Notification & Application Form
|Check & Download TIFR GS 2020 Notification||Click Here | Advertisement|
|Apply Online – TIFR GS 2020||Register Online | Login – Link Is Active Now|
TIFR GS 2020 Admit Card
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) officials have released the TIFR GS 2020 Admit Card. Candidates can download the TIFR GS 2020 Admit Card by entering the login details. Applicants can download the Admit Card from the link given below.
Download TIFR GS 2020 Admit Card Here
TIFR GS 2020 Exam Pattern
|TIFR Graduate School Admissions Exam Pattern 2020|
|Subject Name||Time Duration|
|Computer & Systems Sciences||3 Hours|
TIFR GS 2020 Syllabus
All the students download the TIFR GS 2020 Syllabus from this section. Subjects of the TIFR GS Exam are Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Systems Sciences.
Download TIFR GS 2020 Syllabus Here
TIFR GS 2020 Result
Students have to check the TIFR GS 2020 Results by entering the login details. Participants can check the TIFR GS 2020 Results from the below link. Candidates can know their marks by entering the login details.
Check TIFR GS 2020 Result Here
Hope, the above-provided information regarding the TIFR GS 2020 is helpful. Also, you have to make sure that the TIFR GS Application Form 2020 is submitted on or before the last date that is 23rd November 2019. Follow us on Freshers Now to get all the latest notifications.
TIFR GS 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the last date to submit the TIFR GS 2020 Application Form?
23rd November 2019 is the last date to submit the TIFR GS 2020 Application Form.
What is the TIFR GS 2020 Application Fee?
TIFR GS 2020 Application Fee for Male candidates is Rs. 900, Female candidates is Rs. 300.
How can I apply for TIFR GS 2020?
Candidates can apply for TIFR GS 2020 from the official site @ tifr.res.in.
On which date the TIFR GS 2020 Exam be conducted?
TIFR GS 2020 Exam will be conducted on 8th December 2019.