TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download: Detailed TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 is given in this article to help all the applicants. The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) officials has given the TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2022 along with the notification. We have provided the TNPSC Group 1 Exam Syllabus 2022 and the Exam Pattern in a simplified format. Interested candidates can download the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 PDF and start their preparation immediately. And, scroll down the page to get the subject wise Tamil Nadu Group 1 Syllabus 2022 topics from the following sections.
The Written Examination contains Preliminary and Mains Examination. Prelims consists of 200 objective type questions from the subjects General studies, Aptitude and mental ability. The total marks awarded are 300 and the time duration is 3 Hours. Whereas the Mains examination consists of 4 Papers, all these are descriptive papers. Paper I is a tamil eligibility test conducted for 100 Marks. Paper II, III, IV consists of General studies questions where the marks awarded are 250 Marks and for Paper I (100 Marks). The time duration for each paper is 3 Hours (Paper I, II, III, IV). And, Interview will be conducted for all qualified candidates for 100 Marks.
- 1 TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 – Details
- 2 TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2022
- 3 Download Tamil Nadu Group 1 Syllabus 2022 PDF
- 3.1 Preliminary Exam General Studies (Degree Standard) Topics
- 3.2 UNIT-I: General Science
- 3.3 UNIT-II: Current Events
- 3.4 UNIT- III: Geography of India
- 3.5 UNIT– IV: History and Culture of India
- 3.6 UNIT-V: Indian Polity
- 3.7 UNIT-VI: Indian Economy
- 3.8 UNIT-VII: Indian National Movement
- 3.9 UNIT- VIII: History, Culture, Heritage and Socio – Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
- 3.10 UNIT – IX: Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- 3.11 UNIT-X: Aptitude and Mental Ability
- 3.12 Syllabus for Main Written Examination
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 – Details
|TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern|
|Organization Name||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Post Name||Group I (Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category I), Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes), Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies, Assistant Director of Rural Development, District Employment Officer in Tamil Nadu General Service)|
|Name Of The Exam||Combined Civil Services Examination I (Group-I Services)|
|Job Location||Tamil Nadu|
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2022
Check out the detailed TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2022 for both the Preliminary Examination and the Mains Examination. The Exam Pattern will be the same for all the posts of Group I (Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I), Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes), Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies, Assistant Director of Rural Development, District Employment Officer in Tamil Nadu General Service). Also, check out the minimum marks candidates have to score in order to get shortlisted for further process.
Preliminary Examination Pattern
|Name of the Subject||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|General Studies (Code No.003) (Degree Standard)||175||300|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard)||25|
|Total||200 Questions||300 Marks|
|Time Duration: 3 Hours|
|Objective Type Question Paper|
Mains Examination Pattern
|Name of the Subject||Time Duration||Number of Marks|
|Paper I: Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Standard) (Descriptive Type)||3 Hours||100|
|Paper II General Studies (Degree Standard) (Descriptive type)||3 Hours||250|
|Paper III General Studies (Degree Standard) (Descriptive type)||3 Hours||250|
|Paper IV General Studies (Degree Standard) (Descriptive type)||3 Hours||250|
|Interview & Records||–||100|
|Descriptive Type Question Paper|
- The questions on General Studies for Preliminary and Main Written Examination
will be set both in Tamil and English.
- The Main Written Examination answer sheets of Paper-II, Paper-III and Paper-IV will be evaluated, only if the candidate secures minimum qualifying marks [40%- i.e., 40 marks] in Paper-I and the marks secured in Paper-I will not be taken into account for ranking.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection|
|Exam||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs||Others|
|Mains Exam (Paper I)||40||40|
|Mains Exam (Paper II, III, IV)||255||340|
Download Tamil Nadu Group 1 Syllabus 2022 PDF
The detailed TNPSC Group 1 Exam Syllabus 2022 is given down here in the form of points. Along with the Tamil Nadu Group 1 Syllabus 2022, download the TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2022 PDF from the link attached to this page. Aspirants must and should include these TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 and the Exam Pattern in the preparation process which helps the aspirants in gaining the best scores in the examination.
Preliminary Exam General Studies (Degree Standard) Topics
UNIT-I: General Science
- (i) Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper – Power of Reasoning – Rote Learning Vs Conceptual Learning – Science as a tool to understand the past, present and future.
- (ii) Nature of Universe – General Scientific Laws – Mechanics Properties of Matter, Force, Motion and Energy – Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics, Laser, Electronics and Communications.
- (iii) Elements and Compounds, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, Pesticides.
- (iv) Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene, Human diseases.
- (v) Environment and Ecology.
UNIT-II: Current Events
- (i) History – Latest diary of events – National symbols – Profile of States – Eminent personalities and places in news – Sports Books and authors.
- (ii) Polity – Political parties and political system in India – Public awareness and General
administration – Welfare oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems.
- (iii) Geography – Geographical landmarks.
- (iv) Economics – Current socio – economic issues.
- (v) Science – Latest inventions in Science and Technology.
- (vi) Prominent Personalities in various spheres- Arts, Science, Literature and Philosophy.
UNIT- III: Geography of India
- (i) Location – Physical features – Monsoon, Rainfall, Weather and Climate – Water Resources – Rivers in India – Soil, Minerals and Natural resources – Forest and Wildlife – Agricultural pattern.
- (ii) Transport – Communication.
- (iii) Social Geography – Population density and distribution – Racial, Linguistic Groups and Major Tribes.
- (iv) Natural calamity – Disaster Management – Environmental pollution: Reasons and preventive measures – Climate change – Green energy.
UNIT– IV: History and Culture of India
- (i) Indus valley civilization – Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas – Age of Vijayanagaram and Bahmani Kingdoms -South Indian history.
- (ii) Change and Continuity in the Socio – Cultural History of India.
- (iii) Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity – Race, language, custom.
- (iv) India as a Secular State, Social Harmony.
UNIT-V: Indian Polity
- (i) Constitution of India – Preamble to the Constitution – Salient features of the Constitution – Union, State and Union Territory.
- (ii) Citizenship, Fundamental rights, Fundamental duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- (iii) Union Executive, Union legislature – State Executive, State Legislature – Local
Governments, Panchayat Raj.
- (iv) Spirit of Federalism: Centre – State Relationships.
- (v) Election – Judiciary in India – Rule of law.
- (vi) Corruption in public life – Anti-corruption measures – Lokpal and LokAyukta – Right to Information – Empowerment of women – Consumer protection forums, Human
UNIT-VI: Indian Economy
- (i) Nature of Indian economy – Five year plan models – an assessment – Planning
Commission and Niti Ayog.
- (ii) Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India – Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy
– Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments – Goods and Services Tax.
- (iii) Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture – Application of Science and Technology in Agriculture – Industrial growth – Rural Welfare Oriented Programmes – Social problems – Population, Education, Health, Employment, Poverty.
UNIT-VII: Indian National Movement
- (i) National Renaissance – Early uprising against British rule – Indian National Congress – Emergence of leaders – B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Thanthai Periyar, Rajaji, Subash Chandra Bose, Rabindranath Tagore and others.
- (ii) Different modes of Agitation: Growth of Satyagraha and Militant Movements.
- (iii) Communalism and partition.
UNIT- VIII: History, Culture, Heritage and Socio – Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
- (i) History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from
Sangam age till contemporary times.
- (ii) Thirukkural : (a) Significance as a Secular literature
- (b) Relevance to Everyday Life
- (c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
- (d) Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc
- (e) Relevance to Socio – Politico – Economic affairs
- (f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural
- (iii) Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle – Early agitations against British Rule – Role
of women in freedom struggle.
- (iv) Evolution of 19th and 20th Century Socio-Political movements in Tamil Nadu – Justice Party, Growth of Rationalism – Self Respect Movement, Dravidian Movement and Principles underlying both these movements, Contributions of Thanthai Periyar and Perarignar Anna.
UNIT – IX: Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- (i) Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu and a comparative assessment across the Country – Impact of Social Reform movements in the Socio – Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
- (ii) Political parties and Welfare schemes for various sections of people – Rationale behind Reservation Policy and access to Social Resources – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu – Role and impact of social welfare schemes in the Socio – Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
- (iii)Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socio – Economic development.
- (iv) Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.
- (v)Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
- (vi) Achievements of Tamil Nadu in various fields.
- (vii) E-governance in Tamil Nadu.
UNIT-X: Aptitude and Mental Ability
- (i) Simplification – Percentage – Highest Common Factor (HCF) – Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
- (ii) Ratio and Proportion.
- (iii) Simple interest – Compound interest – Area – Volume – Time and Work.
- (iv) Logical Reasoning – Puzzles – Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alpha numeric Reasoning
– Number Series.
Syllabus for Main Written Examination
- Paper-I – கட்டாயத் தமிழ் ம ாழித் தகுதித் ததர்வு (பத்தாம் வகுப்புத் தரம்)
- Paper – II (Degree Standard)
- UNIT- I: Modern history of India and Indian culture
- UNIT- II: Social issues in India and Tamil Nadu
- UNIT- III: General Aptitude & Mental Ability (SSLC Standard)
- Paper – III (Degree Standard)
- UNIT- I: Indian Polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India
- UNIT- II: Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India
- UNIT- III: Tamil Society ‐ Its Culture and Heritage
- Paper – IV (Degree Standard)
- UNIT- I: Geography of India with special reference to Tamil Nadu
- UNIT- II: Environment, Bio Diversity and Disaster Management
- UNIT- III: Indian Economy – Current economic trends and impact of global economy
|TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 – Important link|
|Download TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|
Start your practice for the exam using the given TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022. And, visit our website @Freshersnow.com for all the latest updates like this.
|★★ You Can Also Check ★★|
|TNPSC Group 1 Hall Ticket|
|TNPSC Group 1 Previous Question Papers|
|Tamil Nadu Government Jobs|