UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2020 PDF & Exam Pattern: Have you applied for the UPSC CMS 2020 Exam? If yes, then go through this page and check the information. Here we have provided the detailed UPSC CMS Syllabus 2020 along with the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Pattern 2020 and selection process. Moreover, our team attached the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2020 & Exam Pattern PDF to the end of this page. So, download it and start preparing for the test.
- 1 UPSC CMS Exam Syllabus 2020 – Complete Information
- 2 UPSC CMS Exam Selection Process 2020
- 3 UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2020
- 4 Download UPSC Combined Medical Exam Syllabus 2020 PDF
- 5 UPSC CMS Syllabus 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
UPSC CMS Exam Syllabus 2020 – Complete Information
|UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2020 | Exam Pattern|
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Examination Name||Combined Medical Services Exam (CMS)|
|Post Names||Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, Assistant Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer|
|Selection Process||Written Test (Paper 1 & 2), Personal Interview|
|Job Location||Across India|
UPSC CMS Exam Selection Process 2020
Candidates who had applied to the UPSC CMS Exam should know the UPSC CMS Exam Selection Process 2020 must and should. As there are two rounds, they are the Written Test and the Personal Interview. In the same way, the Written Test consists of the two papers that are Paper – I and Paper – II. All the applicants should attempt both the papers to get qualified in the Combined Medical Services Exam conducted by the Officials of the Union PSC.
- Written Test (Paper 1 & Paper 2)
- Personal Interview
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2020
The UPSC CMS 2020 Exam will be conducted in 2 Parts. In Part I, there will be 2 papers. Computer Based Test of 500 Marks. Each Paper will be of 2 Hours. In Part II, the Personality Test of 100 marks will be conducted for those who qualify for the CBT Exam.
Paper – I
|Subject Name||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|General Medicine||96||250 Marks|
Paper – II
|Subject Name||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
Download UPSC Combined Medical Exam Syllabus 2020 PDF
Many of you are looking for the UPSC CMS Exam Syllabus 2020. For the sake of all appearing candidates, we had given the UPSC Combined Medical Exam Syllabus 2020 PDF Download option at the end section of the page. Mostly, the UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2020 helps you out in gaining good marks in the exam, because this can be saved to the device and get a complete grip on each and every subject of the Syllabus. Then only, a candidate gets qualified in the CMS Exam. And get placed in the organization of the Union Public Service Commission.
Infections/ Communicable Diseases:
- Respiratory diseases
- Metabolic disorders
- Nutrition/ Growth
- Diseases of the skin (Dermatology)
- Musculoskeletal System
- Emergency Medicine
- Common Poisoning
- Tropical Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emphasis on medical procedures
- Pathophysiological basis of diseases
- Vaccines preventable diseases and Non-vaccines preventable diseases
- Vitamin deficiency diseases
- In psychiatry include – Depression, psychosis, anxiety, bipolar diseases, and Schizophrenia
- Common childhood emergencies
- Basic newborn care
- Birth defects and counseling including autism
- Immunization in children
- Recognizing children with special needs and management
- National programs related to child health
- Normal developmental milestones
- Accidents and poisonings in children
- General Surgery:
- Blood vessels
- Head and neck
- Alimentary tract – Oesophagus, Stomach, Intestines, Anus, Developmental, Liver, Bile,
- Pancreas, Spleen, Peritoneum, Abdominal wall, Abdominal injuries
- Urological Surgery
- Diagnosis and management of common surgical ailments
- Pre‐operative and post-operative care of surgical patients
- Medicolegal and ethical issues of surgery
- Wound healing
- Fluid and electrolyte management in surgery
- Shock pathophysiology and management
- Neuro Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T.
- Thoracic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Questions on applied anatomy
- Applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization
- Infections in the genital tract
- Neoplasm main the genital tract
- Questions on the displacement of the uterus
- Normal delivery and safe delivery practices
- High-risk pregnancy and management
- Intra-Uterine growth retardation
- Medicolegal examination in body and Gynae including Rape
- Conventional contraceptives
- U.D. and oral pills
- The operative procedure, sterilization, and organization of programs in the urban and rural surroundings
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
- Ante-natal conditions
- Intra-natal conditions
- Post-natal conditions
- Management of normal labors or complicated labor
Preventive Social and Community Medicine
- Nutrition and Health
- Non-communicable diseases
- Occupational Health
- Genetics and Health
- International Health
- Social and Community Medicine
- Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine
- Health Administration and Planning
- General Epidemiology
- Demography and Health Statistics
- Communicable Diseases
- Environmental Health
- Medical Sociology and Health Education
- Maternal and Child Health
- National Programmes
- Management of common health problems
- Ability to monitor national health programs
- Knowledge of maternal and child wellness
- Ability to recognize, investigate, report, plan and manage community health problems including malnutrition and emergencies
UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2020 PDF & Exam Pattern: Download Here
Follow our website Freshers Now for more detailed information like UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam Syllabus 2020. Thank You and All The Best for your CMS Exam.
UPSC CMS Syllabus 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
How to download UPSC CMS Syllabus 2020 PDF?
You can download the UPSC CMS Syllabus 2020 through the official site or from FreshersNow.Com.
What is the time duration for the UPSC CMS Exam 2020?
The time limit for the UPSC CMS 2020 Exam is 2 Hours.
Is there any negative marking in the UPSC CMS 2020 Exam?
There is no negative marking in the UPSC Combined Medical Servies Exam 2020.
How many questions will be asked in the UPSC CMS 2020 Paper I Exam?
96 Questions from General Medicine and 24 Questions from Pediatrics will be asked in the UPSC CMS Paper I Exam.