UPSC GEOL Syllabus 2020 PDF Download | Prelims & Mains Exam Pattern: Have you applied for the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination? If yes, then go through this page. Here, we have provided the latest UPSC GEOL Exam Pattern for the Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, and Jr. Hydrogeologist Posts. All the applied candidates can go through this page to know the complete UPSC GEOL Exam Syllabus 2020 along with the UPSC GEOL Selection Process. To the end of this page, you can easily download the UPSC Syllabus 2020 & Exam Pattern in PDF format. Download it and then start preparing for the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination.
- 1 UPSC GEOL Syllabus 2020 – Information
- 2 UPSC GEOL Exam Pattern 2020
- 3 UPSC GEOL Selection Process 2020
- 4 Download UPSC GEOL Syllabus 2020 PDF For All Subjects
- 5 UPSC GEOL Syllabus 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
UPSC GEOL Syllabus 2020 – Information
|Name Of The Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Name Of The Posts||Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist and Jr. Hydrogeologist|
|Name Of The Exam||UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination|
|Selection Process||Written Examination, Personality Test/ Interview|
|Mode Of Admit Card||Online|
UPSC GEOL Exam Pattern 2020
Stage-I: Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination
Stage-II: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination
UPSC GEOL Selection Process 2020
Moreover, the UPSC GEOL Selection Process 2020 is of two stages. One is the Written Exam, and the Other one is the Interview. Furthermore, the applicants need to Participate in the Written test followed by the Interview. Aspirants should get the minimum qualifying marks in the written exam. Based on the score of the written exam aspirants will be sent to the further rounds. At the time of the interview, the authority of UPSC will ask to submit some particular documents.
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personality Test/ Interview
Download UPSC GEOL Syllabus 2020 PDF For All Subjects
Moreover, all the candidates need to follow the article and prepare all the subjectwise topics mentioned in this article. Furthermore, aspirants need to prepare topic wise and need to note down the topics which are already covered. In the below section contenders can find the English, Geology, Chemistry, Geo-Physics, Hydro Geology Syllabus in the PDF format. Moreover, the examination consists of Negative marking. Furthermore, aspirants need to read all the questions before attempting. Therefore for the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination Syllabus2020 Subjectwise pdf refer to the below sections.
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Sentence Completion
- Idioms & Phrases
- Error Correction
- Passage Completion
- Word Formation
- Theme detection
- Fill in the Blanks
- Unseen Passages
- Sentence Rearrangement
For Geology Paper I:-
- Structural Geology
- Geomorphology and Remote Sensing
For Geology Paper II:-
- Igneous Petrology
- Metamorphic Petrology & Processes
- Mineralogy and Geochemistry & Isotope Geology
- Environmental Geology and Natural Hazards
For Geology Paper III:-
- Geology of fuels
- Indian mineral deposits and mineral economics
- Ore genesis and Geophysics
- Mineral exploration
- Engineering Geology
For Geo Physics Paper I:
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics.
- Solid Earth Geophysics
- Earthquake and Engineering Seismology
- Mathematical methods in Geophysics
- .Geophysical Inversion.
- Mathematical Methods of Physics.
- Introductory Atmospheric and Space Physics.
For Geo Physics Paper II:
- Geophysical Potential Fields
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Electrical and Electromagnetic methods
- Seismic Prospecting.Borehole Geophysics
- Atomic and Molecular Physics and Properties and Characterization of materials
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Classical Mechanics.
For Geo Physics Paper III:
- Solid State Physics.
- Laser systems.
- Laser cavity modes.
- Electronics and devices.
- Radiometric Exploration / Airborne Geophysical surveys for Geological Mapping.
- Marine Geophysics
- Geophysical Signal Processing
- Remote Sensing and GIS applications
- Digital electronics, Radar systems, Satellite communications.
- Quantum Mechanics
For Chemistry Paper I:
- Nuclear chemistry
- S-Block Elements
- Chemical periodicity
- Chemical Bonding and structure
- Chemistry of coordination compoundsAcid-Base reactions
- Precipitation and Redox Reactions
- Organo-metallic compounds
- p-Block Elements
- Chemistry of d- and f- block elements etc.
For Chemistry Paper II:
- Quantum Chemistry
- Basic principles and application of spectroscopy.
- UV Spectra
- PMR Spectra
For Chemistry Paper III:
- The theoretical basis of Quantitative inorganic analysis.
- Gravimetric Analysis
- Kinetic theory and the gaseous state.
- The Collision of gas molecules, Real gases.
- Application of the Second law of thermodynamics.
- Thermodynamics and Equilibrium.
- Acids-bases and solvents.
- Solutions of non-electrolytes.
- Chemical kinetics and catalysis.
- Adsorption and Surface Chemistry
- Sampling and treatment of samples for chemical analysis
- Volumetric Analysis.
- Acid-base titrations
- Redox Titrations
- PotentiometeryComplex metric titrations.
- Chromatographic methods of analysis.
- UV-Visible Spectroscopy
- Flame photometry and Atomic absorption spectrometry.
- X-ray methods of Analysis
- Inductively coupled plasma spectroscopy.
- Analysis of Minerals, Ores, and Alloys
- Organ metallic compounds.
- Bonding and physical properties.
- Aldol and related reactions
- Mechanism of some reactions
- Electrocyclic Reactions
- Organic Reaction Mechanisms.
- Organic Spectroscopy etc.
- Groundwater Hydraulics
- Origin, Occurrence, and Distribution of water
- Groundwater Exploration and Water Well Construction
- Groundwater Quality etc.
To download the UPSC GEOL Syllabus 2020 & Exam Pattern PDF (Prelims, Mains): Click Here
We hope all the aspirants got valuable information regarding UPSC GEOL Syllabus 2020. Moreover to know the latest stuff keep browsing Freshersnow.com regularly.
UPSC GEOL Syllabus 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any negative marking in the UPSC GEOL Exam?
Yes, there is a negative marking for each incorrect answer in UPSC GEOL Exam.
What is the UPSC GEOL Selection Process?
Prelims Exam, Mains Exam, and Personality Test/ Interview.
For how many marks, the UPSC GEOL Exam will be conducted?
The UPSC GEOL Prelims Exam will be conducted for 400 Marks, UPSC GEOL Mains Exam will be conducted for 600 Marks.
For which posts, the UPSC GEOL Exam will be conducted?
Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist and Jr. Hydrogeologist