Are you searching for web developer salaries in India? If yes, this is the post for you. The average salary for a Web Developer is Rs. 313,976. From the start till the end, all it says is about Web Development, Web Developer Salary, Web Developer Skills, Roles and Responsibilities of a web developer, Web Developer salaries in various locations and so many questions like these.
This post will answer all your queries regarding web development and a web developer.
- 1 What is Web Development?
- 2 Web Developer Salary in India
- 3 Who is a Web Developer?
- 4 What does a web developer do?
- 5 Roles and Responsibilities of a Web Developers
- 6 What are the popular skills to become a web developer?
- 7 Factors Affecting Web Developer Salary in India
- 8 Web Developer Salary in India: Based on Experience
- 9 Web Developer Salary in India: Based On Location
- 10 Web Developer Salary in India: Based On Company
- 11 Web Developer Salary in India: Based On Job Positions
- 12 Web Developer Salary in Other Countries
- 13 Conclusion
What is Web Development?
Web development refers to the building, creating, and maintaining of websites. It includes aspects such as web design, web publishing, web programming, and database management. It is the creation of an application that works over the internet i.e. websites.
Web Developer Salary in India
The latest average salary for a Web Developer is Rs. 313,976 and it is ranging from a minimum of ₹1,26,000 to a maximum of ₹9,40,000.
The range of this salary depends upon many factors ranging from experience to the employer to your location.
Who is a Web Developer?
A web developer is a programmer who creates and maintains a website. There are 3 kinds of Web Developers – Full Stack Developer, Back End Developer, and Front End Developer. As the name suggests, the Back End Developers work with the servers while Front End Developers work on the user interface and experience.
What does a web developer do?
The responsibilities of a web developer include talking to clients over the phone or meeting with them to understand their requirements. Web developers need to get clear answers to questions like what a client wants their website to do for them.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Web Developers
- Website application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- In situations of conflicts, dwell on the idea of clear communication with your team for quick resolution and hassle-free working.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling the website.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Keeping yourself under the complete knowledge of the latest updates and modifications in the field of Web Development via attending conferences, workshops; participating in discussions; studying, or reading about innovations.
- Checking and validating your test cases and routines to ensure the smooth running of codes on all browsers and devices types.
- Always look out for customer feedback and work on the problems and resolutions necessary for achieving significant results.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends for determining user needs
- Make a reserve of website backup files to local directories for emergency recoveries.
What are the popular skills to become a web developer?
- GIT (Code Versioning)
- Basic graphic design
- Back end and Databases
- Working with Hosting (Publishing website)
- Libraries and frameworks
- DevOps and Deployment
- Problem-solving Skills
- Logical Reasoning
- Good Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Curiosity to Learn
- Searching Skills
- Time Management
Factors Affecting Web Developer Salary in India
The five main factors affecting the Web Developer Salary in India are:
Experience: Yes, we already know that a salary will depend on the years of a developer’s job experience. A fresher in the field might have the talent but an experienced person might know how to handle the situation better because of the experience.
Location: Urban locations certainly have a higher pay scale than rural locations as the cost of living comes into play.
Employer: The company you are entering will surely affect your salary structure like a startup would be willing for more freshers whereas big, reputed employers are willing to pay more because of their position in the market and their financial standing.
Skillset: More the skills, the more you are better. Especially when a role is as diversified as a web developer every company has its own set of required skillset. So, the number of skills you put a tick on the more likely higher pay you can get.
Job Roles: We have discussed the different job roles a web developer could be, and hence based on their demand in the country will be one of the deciding factors of your pay structure.
Web Developer Salary in India: Based on Experience
The more experience you have the higher package you get. So, if you are a beginner and recently entered into the industry, you will have to moderate your hopes accordingly. So, let us break down web developer salary in India, depending on how many years of experience you have
Let’s see how a web developer’s salary in India varies based on experience.
Entry-Level Web Developer Salary in India
The average entry-level web developer’s salary in India is ₹244,823/yr.
Mid-Level Web Developer Salary in India
The average mid-level web developer salary in India is ₹580,000.
Experienced Web Developer Salary in India
The average experienced web developer salary in India is ₹969,580.
Web Developer Salary in India: Based On Location
Average Web Developer Salary in Bangalore, Karnataka
The average salary for a Web Developer in Bangalore is ₹404k per year.
Average Web Developer Salary in Mumbai, Maharashtra
The average salary for a Web Developer in Mumbai is ₹351K per year.
Average Web Developer Salary in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
The average salary for a Web Developer in Chennai is ₹356K per year.
Average Web Developer Salary in New Delhi, Delhi
The average salary for a Web Developer in New Delhi is ₹357K per year.
Average Web Developer Salary in Hyderabad, Telangana
The average salary for a Web Developer in Hyderabad is ₹398K per year.
Web Developer Salary in India: Based On Company
There are many companies in the technical field that pays a great amount to web developers in India. The more interesting fact is that even the lowest average pay amongst below mentioned top employers is 245K/year which is not bad pay for a fresher.
The Top Employers and their average salary for a web developer are:
|Employer Name||Average Pay Range|
|TATA Consultancy Services Limited||₹242k – ₹894k/yr|
|Cognizant||₹242k – ₹2m/yr|
|Accenture||₹290k – ₹805k/yr|
₹354k – ₹590k/yr
|Zoho Corporation||₹671k – ₹829k/yr|
|Amazon Inc.||₹403k – ₹3m/yr|
Web Developer Salary in India: Based On Job Positions
As a Web Developer, you have many career options to explore and the salary will be varied depending on the role you choose.
Job Positions and the Salary
- Front-End Developer
The average salary for a Front End Developer / Engineer is ₹495k per year.
2. Back-End Developer
The average salary for a Back End Developer / Engineer is ₹405k per year.
3. Full Stack Developer
The average salary for a Full Stack Developer/ Engineer is ₹645k per year.
Web Developer Salary in Other Countries
Web Developer’s Salary in the U.S is around $63,856 and in the UK is £25,436.
Web development is a vast field and every business requires a properly functioning website. As you have seen all the different aspects of web development, it’s time now that you decide which one you want to choose! There is one thing you should know, getting the right skills is necessary. Also, you need to keep upgrading your skills to get the highest possible Web Developer Salary in India.