Wipro Verbal Ability / English Questions and Answers For Freshers: The officials of Wipro has been released the drive dates accordingly in order to recruit most skillful, talented as well as dynamic candidates. However, the exam conducting authority of Wipro selecting the freshers by conducting the pool drives. The main aim of each and every graduate is get placed in a good company. For the sake of students, we have prepared Wipro English Questions and Answers For Freshers 2019. However, general English is very important for communication purpose. Therefore from this section freshers can practice Wipro English Questions and Answers with Explanation.
- 1 Wipro Verbal Ability Questions & Answers For Freshers 2019, 2020 Batch
- 1.1 Wipro English Questions and Answers with Explanation PDF
- 1.2 Wipro Model Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Solutions
- 1.2.1 Directions (Q 1 -5): Choose the Synonyms of the following words
- 1.2.2 Directions (Q 6 – 10): Choose the correct word in order to fill in the blanks
- 1.2.3 Directions (Q 11 – 15 ): This section is nothing but spotting the errors in the entire sentence or paragraph
- 1.2.4 Directions: (Q 16 – 20): Choose the best alternative for the sentence completion
- 1.2.5 Directions (Q 21 – 25): Choose the Antonyms of the respective word
- 1.2.6 Directions (Q 26 – 30): Read the paragraph carefully and choose the correct option
Wipro Verbal Ability Questions & Answers For Freshers 2019, 2020 Batch
Wipro is maintaining a leading role in information technology, consultancy and in business development. So freshers who are converting as an employee in Wipro they should be excellent English written skills and communication skills with perfect grammar. Therefore, for the sake of students, we are provided Wipro Verbal Questions and Answers with Explanation in detail. Candidates who are registered for Wipro drive even in off-campus also. Practice these Wipro English Questions and Answers which may come in the examination.
Wipro English Questions and Answers with Explanation PDF
In this section, applicants can refer Wipro English Questions and Answers for Freshers which were asked in earlier examinations. Therefore, for job seekers, it is a great opportunity for the preparation of the written test. Students can practice all the Wipro Verbal Questions and Answers given below, they may help to secure a maximum number of marks.
Wipro Model Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Solutions
Directions (Q 1 -5): Choose the Synonyms of the following words
Answer – C. inactive
Answer – B. assembly
Answer – D. adorned
Answer – C. Revel
Answer – D. barrier
Directions (Q 6 – 10): Choose the correct word in order to fill in the blanks
6. Spirituality is also about ___________ life in an ___________, magnanimous and righteous manner.
A. untie, observable
B. remorseless, undeniable
C. pestilential, transparent
D. traversing, altruistic
E. delay, prominent
Answer – D. traversing, altruistic
traversing – travel across or through.
altruistic – showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish.
7. It is remaining detached in the midst of worldly attachments, performing one’s duties ___________ without giving in to one’s egocentric ___________.
A. lethal, monstrous
B. hinder, lucid
C. pestilent, manifest
D. noxious, palpable
E. meticulously, disposition
Answer – E. meticulously, disposition
meticulously – in a way that shows great attention to detail; very thoroughly.
disposition – a person’s inherent qualities of mind and character.
8. It is one’s ___________ gratitude for all of life’s blessings and contentment with one’s lot with no ___________ of greed or covetousness.
A. capricious, conspicuous
B. freakish, visible
C. occasional, subtle
D. personal, discernible
E. profound, vestige
Answer – E. profound, vestige
profound – (of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense.
Vestige – a trace or remnant of something that is disappearing or no longer exists.
9. Spirituality is a ___________ state of peaceful bliss, not due to external ___________ but due to a strong inner connect with one’s own Divine core.
A. private, distinct
B. perpetual, stimuli
C. unshared, explicit
D. loosen, concealed
E. ruthless, disguised
Answer – B. perpetual, stimuli
perpetual – never ending or changing.
stimuli – a thing or event that evokes a specific functional reaction in an organ or tissue.
10. It is being equipped with the ___________ wisdom to acknowledge the ___________ of the transitory aspects of life over what is transitory.
A. primordial, sublimity
B. relentless, exposed
C. release, glaring
D. unbind, indisputable
E. cease, groveling
Answer – A. primordial, sublimity
primordial – existing at or from the beginning of time; primeval.
sublimity – of very great excellence or beauty.
Directions (Q 11 – 15 ): This section is nothing but spotting the errors in the entire sentence or paragraph
11. During the so-called Golden Age of Islam which, despite what the / fanatics claim, was not a narrowly religious age / the early science of medicine, which addressed early / techniques of nursing to, was studied and respected.
A. During the so-called Golden Age of Islam which, despite what the
B. fanatics claim, was not a narrowly religious age
C. the early science of medicine, which addressed early
D. techniques of nursing to, was studied and respected.
E. No error
Answer – D. techniques of nursing to, was studied and respected.
Replace ‘to’ with ‘too’.
too – in addition; also.
12. Her argument was that the term ‘fake news’ / allows the debate to be framed as / a textual problem, while / it remains a ethical and social one.
A. Her argument was that the term ‘fake news’
B. allows the debate to be framed as
C. a textual problem, while
D. it remains a ethical and social one.
E. No error
Answer – D. it remains a ethical and social one.
Replace ‘a’ with ‘an’.
Use “a” before words that start with a consonant sound and “an” before words that start with a vowel sound. Other letters can also be pronounced either way. Just remember it is the sound that governs whether you use a or an, not the actual first letter of the word.
13. When one views them as rigid self-contained systems / in mortal combat and searches for total victory, / one exaggerates difference among and disregards / differences within communitarianism and liberalism.
A. When one views them as rigid self-contained systems
B. in mortal combat and search for total victory,
C. one exaggerates difference among and disregards
D. differences within communitarianism and liberalism.
E. No error
Answer – C. one exaggerates differences among and disregards
Replace ‘among’ with ‘between’.
between – at, into, or across the space separating (two objects or regions).
14. Like most post-colonial scholars, I have written reams about the / double standards of Western colonial and imperial / power, the cultural hegemony of the West, the / pernicious influence of ‘Orientalist’ myths, and so on.
A. Like most post-colonial scholars, I have written reams about the
B. double standards of Western colonial and imperial
C. power, the cultural hegemony of the West, the
D. pernicious influence of ‘Orientalist’ myths, and so on.
E. No error
Answer – C. power, the cultural hegemony of the West, the
Replace ‘power’ with ‘powers’.
15. In the past few years, there has been an / exponential growth in polarised websites / and social media activism aimed / at ruthless propaganda before elections.
A. In the past few years, there has been an
B. exponential growth in polarised websites
C. and social media activism aimed
D. at ruthless propaganda before elections.
E. No error
Answer – E. No error
Given the sentence is correct.
Directions: (Q 16 – 20): Choose the best alternative for the sentence completion
16. There is mutual and public interest ………….. and curbing arbitrariness, in this instance the governor or President’s space to act in a partisan manner.
A. on reviewing such the loopholes
B. for reviewed such loopholes
C. at reviewing such loophole
D. in reviewing such loopholes
E. of reviewing such as loopholes
Answer – D. in reviewing such loopholes
Explanation: in reviewing such loopholes is the best-suited alternative.
17. What makes a celebrity wedding so crackling is the way …………..if they were a part of it, participating in the romance and glamour.
A. it could make millions feel as the
B. it would be making millions feels as
C. that can make millions feel so
D. this can be made millions feel as
E. it can make millions feel as
Answer – E. it can make millions feel as
Explanation: it can make millions feel as is the best alternative
18. This story of malpractices, apathy, and delay ………….. is likely being repeated too frequently for comfort.
A. on addresses an urgent safety concern
B. in addressing urgent safety concerning
C. in addressing urgent safety concerns
D. on addressing urgent safety concerns
E. at addressing urgent safety concerning
Answer – C. in addressing urgent safety concerns
Explanation: in addressing urgent safety concerns is the best-suited alternative.
19. Jab we first met at Delhi airport, ………….. our flight to Srinagar, most of us were strangers.
A. an hour before we were on board
B. an hour before we were for boards
C. an hour before we had off board
D. an hour before we were to board
E. a hours after we were to board
Answer – D. an hour before we were to board
Explanation: an hour before we were to board is the best-suited alternative.
20. Sharif stated that terrorist organizations were thriving in Pakistan and ‘non-state actors’ ………….. in Mumbai.
A. were responsible for the carnages
B. was responsible for the carnage
C. was responsible for the carnage
D. had responsibility for the carnage
E. that responsibility for the carnage
Answer – B. was responsible for the carnage
Explanation: were responsible for the carnage is the best-suited alternative.
Directions (Q 21 – 25): Choose the Antonyms of the respective word
Answer – D. revive
Explanation: revive – restore to life or consciousness.
Answer – C. bloom
Explanation: bloom – used to express annoyance or for emphasis.
Answer – D. wholesome
Answer – A. impious
Explanation: impious – showing a lack of respect for God or religion.
Answer – C. unbent
Explanation: unbent – make or become straight from a bent or twisted form or position.
Directions (Q 26 – 30): Read the paragraph carefully and choose the correct option
Keshava, the washerman had a donkey. They worked together all day, and Keshava would pour out his heart to the donkey. One day, Keshava was walking home with the donkey when he felt tired. He tied the donkey to a tree and sat down to rest for a while, near a school. A window was open, and through it, a teacher could be heard scolding the students. ‘Here I am, trying to turn you donkeys into human beings, but you just won’t study !’ As soon as Keshava heard these words, his ears pricked up. A man who could actually turn donkeys into humans! This was the answer to his prayers. Impatiently, he waited for school to be over that day. when everyone had gone home, and only the teacher remained behind to check some papers, Keshava entered the classroom.
‘How can I help you ?’ asked the teacher. Keshava scratched his head and said, ‘I heard what you said to the children. This donkey is my companion. If you made it human, we could have such good times together.’ The teacher decided to trick Keshava. He pretended to think for a while and then said, ‘Give me six months and it will cost you a thousand rupees.’ The washerman agreed and rushed home to get the money. He then left the donkey in the teacher’s care.
After the six months were up, Keshava went to the teacher. The teacher had been using the donkey for his own work. Not wanting to give it up, he said, ‘Oh, your donkey became so clever that it ran away. He is the headman of the next village.’ When Keshava reached the next village he found the village elders sitting under a tree, discussing serious problems. How surprised they were when Keshava marched up to the headman, grabbed his arm and said, ‘How dare you? You think you are so clever that you ran away? Come home at once !’
The headman understood someone had played a trick on Keshava. ‘I am not your donkey !’ he said. ‘Go find the sage in the forest.’ Keshava found the sage sitting under a tree with his eyes closed, deep in meditation. He crept up and grabbed the sage’s beard. ‘Come back home now !’ he shouted. The startled sage somehow calmed Keshava. When he heard what had happened, he had a good laugh. Then he told the washerman kindly, ‘The teacher made a fool of you. Your donkey must be still with him. Go and take it back from him. Try to make some real friends, who will talk with you and share your troubles. A donkey will never be able to do that !’ Keshava returned home later that day with his
donkey, sadder and wiser.
26. Why was Keshava keen to meet the teacher one day?
A. Keshava wanted to ask the teacher how to make his donkey a better companion
B. He wanted to learn more prayers as he was devout
C. He had been reliably informed that the teacher had changed donkeys into human beings
D. He heeded the teacher’s words of advice and wanted to study
E. None of these
Answer – A. Keshava wanted to ask the teacher how to make his donkey a better companion
27. Why did Keshava interrupt the discussion among the village elders?
A. He did not agree with their views on different issues
B. To confront the headman who had cheated him out of one thousand rupees
C. He wanted them to get justice for him
D. He was looking for the donkey and wanted to ask for directions
E. None of these
Answer – E. None of these
28. What made Keshava pull the sage’s beard?
A. He wanted to wake up the sage who was sleep under the tree
B. The headman requested him to move the sage from under the tree
C. He wanted the sage to explain what had happened to the donkey
D. He misunderstood the village headman and took the sage to be his donkey
E. None of these
Answer – D. He misunderstood the village headman and took the sage to be his donkey
29. Why did the teacher ask Keshava to leave the donkey with him for six months?
(a) He realized that the donkey would require a lot of training.
(b) To reduce Keshava’s dependence on the donkey.
(c) He wanted to rescue the donkey from Keshava who did not know to treat the donkey properly.
B. Only (b)
C. Both (a) & (b)
D. Only (c)
E. None of these
Answer – A. None
30. Which of the following is NOT true in the context of the passage?
(a) The donkey was overburdened by the teacher.
(b) The teacher was cunning by nature.
(c) The sage laughed at Keshava and treated him unkindly.
A. Both (a) & (c)
B. Both (b) & (c)
C. Only (b)
D. All (a), (b) & (c)
E. None of these
Answer – A. Both (a) & (c)
To Download Wipro Verbal Questions and Answers in PDF – Click Here
Hope that from this article, job seekers had gained some ward knowledge regarding Wipro English Questions and Answers with Explanation in order to crack the written test. For more updates regarding IT Companies. Please follow our site freshersnow.com. Thank You.
|★ Join Freshers Now Social Media Channels:||Click Here|