On this page, one can observe the latest APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Syllabus 2019 that was assigned by the officials of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) on their site. Candidates who want to attempt the Hostel Welfare Officers (Grade-II) Written Test can attend the Prelims exam in May 2019 whereas Mains Exam on the 2nd week of June 2019 (Tentatively). We have also given you the ఆంధ్ర ప్రదేశ్ పబ్లిక్ సర్వీస్ కమిషన్ HWO Grade II Selection Process 2019, the latest APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Exam Pattern 2019. To the bottom of this page, you can easily download the topics, paper wise APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Exam Syllabus 2019 PDF.
You Can Also Check: ★ APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Recruitment
- 1 APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Syllabus 2019 – Overview
- 1.1 ఆంధ్ర ప్రదేశ్ పబ్లిక్ సర్వీస్ కమిషన్ Selection Process 2019 For Hostel Welfare Officer Gr II Vacancies
- 1.2 psc.ap.gov.in Hostel Welfare Officers (Grade-II) Exam Pattern 2019
- 1.3 Download APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Exam Syllabus 2019 PDF
APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Syllabus 2019 – Overview
|ఆంధ్ర ప్రదేశ్ పబ్లిక్ సర్వీస్ కమిషన్ Hostel Welfare Officer Syllabus 2019 | HWO Grade-II Exam Pattern|
|Name Of The Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)|
|Total Posts||Hostel Welfare Officers (Grade-II)|
|Name Of The Posts||28 Vacancies|
|Examination Date||Prelims – May 2019|
Mains – 2nd week of June 2019 (Tentatively)
|Job Location||Andhra Pradesh|
ఆంధ్ర ప్రదేశ్ పబ్లిక్ సర్వీస్ కమిషన్ Selection Process 2019 For Hostel Welfare Officer Gr II Vacancies
Candidates who have applied for the Hostel Welfare Officers Grade-II need to know the exact APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Selection Process 2019 from this section. No candidate can directly attend the Recruitment process without having the minimum knowledge over the below rounds. So, make a note on them and then perform accordingly.
- Prelims Test (If Necessary)
- Mains Examination
- Document Verification
NOTE: The minimum qualifying marks for consideration of a candidate to the selection process are 40% for OCs, 35% for BCs, and 30% for SCs, STs, and PHs or as per rules. In the event of Schedule Caste & Schedule Tribe candidates not coming up for selection with the existing minimum prescribed for selection in the competitive examination conducted by the APPSC their selection shall be considered on the basis of rank with reference to their
performance in the written and/ or oral competitive examination irrespective of the marks secured.
You Can Also Check: ★ APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Hall Ticket
psc.ap.gov.in Hostel Welfare Officers (Grade-II) Exam Pattern 2019
Well, we have gathered the complete psc.ap.gov.in HWO Grade II Test Pattern from the official site of the APPSC website. So, candidates must and should have to focus more on the table as given below. It gives you the complete details of the APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Exam Pattern 2019 like the name of the subjects and also the number of questions allocated for the examination. So, appearing candidates need to complete the test in 300 minutes. Each paper will be given for 150 Marks, Time, and Questions. There is also a negative marking of 1/3 rd for each incorrect answer.
|Name of the Subjects||No. of Questions, Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper – I: General Studies & Mental Ability||150 Q’s & 150 Marks||150 Minutes|
|Paper – II: Related Subjects||150 Q’s & 150 Marks||150 Minutes|
|Total Time||300 Minutes|
|N.B.1: As per G.O.Ms. No.235 Finance (HR-1, Plg & Policy) Dept, Dt: 06/12/2016, for each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question in all Objective type papers|
Download APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Exam Syllabus 2019 PDF
Candidates must and should include the APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Grade II Syllabus 2019 during the exam preparation. Moreover, we have given you the direct topics that will be given for the upcoming examination. So, candidates whoever ready to enter for the test must know the topics and the weigtage assigned for each paper. Furthermore, below we have listed you with the Paper wise APPSC HWO Grade II Exam Syllabus 2019 so that you can easily download the APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Exam Syllabus 2019 in PDF format from the below-specified link.
Paper I – General Studies & Mental Ability
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology.
- A social- economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- The physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention, and mitigation strategies,
- Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis:
a) Tabulation of data
b) Visual representation of data
c) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and Legal Implications/ problems.
Paper II – Related Subject (Degree Standard)
(A) Foundation Of Education
- i) Nature and Scope of Philosophical and Sociological Foundations of Education.
- ii) Idealism; Naturalism; Pragmatism; Realism; Existentialism;
- iii) Gandhi; Tagore; Aurobindo; Vivekananda; Jiddu Krishna Murthy;
- iv) Socialization and Education; Social change and Education; Culture and Education;
Modernization and Education; Equality of Educational opportunities; Education of Weaker Sections.
(B) Educational Psychology
I. Introduction Of Educational Psychology
- A relationship between Educational Psychology.
- Nature and Scope of Educational Psychology.
- Methods of Educational Psychology
2. Growth and Development
- Principles of Growth and Development.
- Stages of Development-Infancy, Childhood, Adolescence, and aspects of development – Physical, Mental, Social and Emotional and its Educational implications to classroom teaching and education.
Nature of Learning, Theories of Learning (Behavioral, Cognitive and Social) and its relevance to classroom teaching, learning and Motivation; Various methods of motivation (intrinsic and extrinsic) and its applications for classroom teaching.
4. Individual Difference And Its Assessment
Meaning and significance of the study of individual differences. Inter and intra
Individual difference and its assessment. The concept of Personality and its assessment (Projective and Non-Projective methods).Understanding and helping learners with special needs – poor achievers, underachievers, low-level of intellectual functioning; giftedness and creativity. Need and significance of guidance and counseling in schools.
Statistics-Concept and its need for understanding the behavior of learners and teachers.
Measures of Central Tendency.
Measures of Variability.
Correlation and various methods of computing correlation.
(C) Trends In Education
- Universalization of Education- Significance, constitutional guarantee, problems involved in implementing. Quality of Primary Education-Minimum level of Learning Approach.
- Wastage and stagnation in Education-Meaning, causes, problems and remedial measures.
- Adult Education and Functional literacy-Meaning, scope, problems involved and strategies for remedial action.
- The Family life and population Education-the problem, objectives at Secondary level
creating awareness, difficulties in implementing, strategies to spread the right type of family life and population education.
- Moral Education- meaning and scope, approach to Moral Education, Difference
between Moral and Religious Education, Practical Work.
- Non-Formal Education- contemporary significance, problems, methodology, motivational aspect, and implementation.
- School and Community Relationships-need and importance, ways of bringing them
together, making use of community resources persons, some practical strategies to
facilitate appropriate relationships.
- A medium of instruction-Problem, Language in India, three language formula, its
implications and difficulties in implementing the formula.
- National and Emotional integration- meaning, nature, problems, implementation
celebrating national days and the role of schools and teachers.
- International understanding-education for peace, disarmament, and coexistence, meaning, nature, significance, developing a broader perspective in the mind students.
- Education of the socially and culturally disadvantaged- meaning-Significance problems, equality of opportunity and strategies to implement the meaningful programme.
- Lifelong Education-meaning, need, and scope, approach, and role of teachers.
- Teacher Education-pre-service and in-service-Professional Organisations teachers.
- Vocational Education and Vocationalisation of Education.
- Common Entrance Examinations and Centralised admissions into the basic
courses in Andhra Pradesh.
- Recommendations of various Education Commissions and Committees
Download APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Syllabus 2019 PDF: Click Here
We hope that all the candidates who are about to start preparing for the APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Examination 2019 have downloaded the APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Syllabus 2019 from the above link. And to get all such important information, you need to stay in touch with us only on our FreshersNow.Com page.