Hello Viewers, Are you searching for Database Developer Salaries in India? If yes, you are at the right place. In this article, we have provided information about who is a Database Developer, Database Developer Salary, Database Developer Skills, Database developer job roles etc. Read this article completely to get to know complete details about Database salaries in India for freshers and experienced.
- 1 Who is a Database Developer?
- 2 Database Developer Salary in India
- 3 What does it take to be a Database Developer?
- 4 What does a Database Developer do?
- 5 Roles and Responsibilities of a Database Developer
- 6 Factors Affecting Database Developer Salary in India
- 7 What are the popular skills to become a Database Developer?
- 8 Database Developer Salary in India: Based on Experience
- 9 Database Developer Salary in India: Based On Location
- 10 Conclusion
Who is a Database Developer?
Database developers are responsible for the design, development, programming, and implementation of information databases. The brains of databases are, at least in large part, the creation of database developers. When information is obtained from the outside world, it must be organized to encourage and enable the efficient generation of reports and other uses. Once operational, databases additionally require regular analysis to modernize and eliminate inefficient coding to maintain optimally efficient performance. As any operation’s information gathering and analysis needs are never static, so too must a database developer make periodic alterations to the database software to accommodate these changing needs.
Database Developer Salary in India
The latest salary for a Database Developer is ranging from a minimum of ₹229k to a maximum of ₹2m. The average salary of Database developer in India is Rs.523,116 per annum.
What does it take to be a Database Developer?
Although it may not be necessary to have a degree to work as a database developer or programmer, many employers typically require at least a bachelor’s degree. A bachelor’s in database programming validates the skills and knowledge employers are always seeking. It ensures you have gained proficiency in the use of various programming languages, acquired extensive knowledge in operating systems and application software, and also know database scripting and design.
What does a Database Developer do?
Database developers work in the IT department and are responsible for the development and maintenance of databases while following specific coding standards. They will often analyze current database procedures to develop comprehensive solutions to modernize, streamline and/or eliminate inefficient coding. This involves monitoring, troubleshooting, and debugging databases to solve performance issues. Database developers also create ad-hoc scripts and cleanup scripts as needed. In addition, they deliver written reports reviewing current coding and make recommendations on changes that should be made to enhance performance. They also often collaborate with other members of a development team to give and receive feedback and to develop the best solutions and procedures for the business.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Database Developer
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Write and deploy SQL patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Process work accurately and promptly
- Pay attention to detail at all times
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
- Collate, prepare and present statistical information for internal and external use
Factors Affecting Database Developer Salary in India
The salary of a Database Developer in India depends upon several factors like
- company size.
- Job Position.
- Education Qualifications.
What are the popular skills to become a Database Developer?
Nearly all employers require database developers to have at least an undergraduate degree and a thorough and deep grasp of SQL database programming language. Some more advanced positions may require a master’s degree, and occasionally even a doctoral degree. Requirements for experience with specific database frameworks vary depending upon what the employer uses, but IBM, Oracle, and Microsoft are by far the most common. Other requirements often include:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of physical database design and data structures
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring)
- Ability to recognize the relationship between data elements
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of database objects including tables, indexes, views, and statistics
- Knowledge of ETL and BI tools
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Proficiency in SQL with the ability to write complex SQL queries and other features
- Troubleshooting any issues that arise with new database applications, and providing solutions to implement
- Applying technical design and development skills to the creation of database programs
- Analyzing existing databases and data needs of clients to develop effective systems
- Using knowledge of specific programming languages and codes
- Following implementation processes for new database
Database Developer Salary in India: Based on Experience
Let’s see how a Database Developer’s salary in India varies based on experience.
Entry-Level Database Developer Salary in India
The average entry-level Database Developer salary in India is ₹375,045/yr.
Mid-Level Database Developer Salary in India
The average mid-level Database Developer salary in India is ₹850,359/yr.
Experienced Database Developer Salary in India
The average experienced Database Developer salary in India is ₹1,278,508/yr.
Database Developer Salary in India: Based On Location
Average Database Developer Salary in Bangalore, Karnataka
The average salary for a Database Developer in Bangalore is ₹724k per year.
Average Database Developer Salary in Mumbai, Maharashtra
The average salary for a Database Developer in Mumbai is ₹467K per year.
The average salary for a Database Developer in Chennai is ₹585K per year.
Average Database Developer Salary in New Delhi, Delhi
The average salary for a Database Developer in New Delhi is ₹514K per year.
Average Database Developer Salary in Hyderabad, Telangana
The average salary for a Database Developer/ in Hyderabad is ₹695K per year.
We hope this article “Database Developer Salary in India for Freshers and Experienced” is useful to you. To conclude, Database developers are the most in-demand professionals because of the expanding dependence on data and information. It’s a career path offering high salaries, in-demand work, contact with the latest technologies, and promising career opportunities.