MOMA Scholarship 2020 @ momascholarship.gov.in | Minority Scholarships, Eligibility: MOMA scholarship is a Merit Cum Means Scholarship is awarded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs [MOMA] for students belonging to the minority community. This scholarship scheme for students was launched with the aim to support those who are in financial need. The scholarship award is up to INR 20,000 per year. Through this article, candidates can get information like Eligibility Criteria, Scholarship Amount, Selection Process, Terms and Conditions of the Merit Cum Means Scholarship, Required Documents, Rewards, Applicants Process, and more details. Also at the below of this page, we have given a quick link to apply for MOMA Scholarship 2020.
- 1 MOMA Scholarship 2020 – Details
- 2 MOMA Scholarship 2020 @ momascholarship.gov.in
- 3 MOMA Scholarship 2020 – Types
- 4 Eligibility Criteria – MOMA Scholarships 2020
- 5 Minority Scholarships Amount of Rewards
- 6 Required Documents
- 7 MOMA Scholarship Application Process
- 8 MOMA Scholarship – Merit Cum Means Scholarship Selection Process
- 9 MOMA Scholarship Renewal Policy
- 10 Terms and Conditions of MOMA Scholarship 2020
- 11 MOMA Scholarship 2020 Important Links
- 12 MOMA Scholarship 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
MOMA Scholarship 2020 – Details
|Provided by||Ministry of Minority Affairs [MOMA]|
|Scholarship Name||MOMA scholarship|
|Eligible For||1-10, 11-12, UG and PG, Professional/ Technical Courses|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Purpose Of Scheme||To provide financial assistance to poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.|
MOMA Scholarship 2020 @ momascholarship.gov.in
About 20,000 students get the benefit to continue their education through the MOMA Scholarship. Approximately 30% of the scholarship amount is allocated for girl students and from each family maximum of two students can avail the scholarship. Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain, and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been considered as minority communities under the 2 (c) section of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. Selected beneficiaries will be granted with an Admission fee, Tuition fee, and Maintenance allowance.
MOMA Scholarship 2020 – Types
MOMA Scholarship has been furtherly distributed into three categories :
1. Pre Matric Scheme for Minorities
The students from classes 1 to 10 with family income less than INR 1 lakh can get this scholarship. The students must have scored a minimum of 50% in the previous examination. Scholarship award ranges up to INR 600.
2. Post Matric Scheme for Minorities
Students of the minority category from class 11 to Ph.D. with family income less than INR 2 lakh per annum are eligible. He/ She must have scored at least 50% in the previous final examination.
3. Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses
This scholarship is provided to the students pursuing professional/technical courses at the graduate or postgraduate level. This national minority scholarship is provided to candidates whose annual family income is less than INR 2.5 lakhs. The applicant must have a minimum of 50% in the previous final examination.
Eligibility Criteria – MOMA Scholarships 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Pre Matric Scholarship for Minorities
- The student must belong to any of the classes 1 to 10.
- The student must have scored a minimum of 50% in the previous final examination.
- The annual income limit must not exceed INR 1,00,000.
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities
- He/She must be a student of class 11 or 12.
- Students who have taken admission into technical and vocational courses which are equivalent to higher secondary are eligible.
- Candidates pursuing Polytechnic courses are also eligible to apply under this scheme.
- The annual income limit must not be more than INR 2,00,000.
- The student must have scored a minimum of 50% in the previous final examination.
Eligibility Criteria for Professional and Technical Courses Scholarship
- Students who have already applied for admissions or presently pursuing technical and professional courses at the graduate and postgraduate level are eligible to apply.
- The student must have scored at least 50% in the previous final examination.
- The candidate’s annual family income limit should not be more than INR 2.5 lakhs.
Minority Scholarships Amount of Rewards
Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme Rewards
- For Classes 1 to 5: Maintenance- 100 p.m (Day Scholars)
- For Classes 6 to 10: Admission – 500 p.a (Day Scholars and Hostellers)
- Tuition – 350 p.m and Maintenance – 600 p.m for Hostellers, 100 p.m for Day Scholars
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Rewards
- For Class 11 and 12: Admission and Tuition – 7000 p.a (Day Scholars and Hostellers)
- For Technical and Vocational Courses (Class 11 and 12 levels): Admission and Tuition -10,000 p.a (Day Scholars and Hostellers)
- Class 11 and 12 (Technical and Vocational Courses): Maintenance – 380 p.m (Hostellers), 230 p.m (Day Scholars)
- For UG and PG Level: Admission & Tuition Fee 3000 p.a (Day Scholars and Hostellers)
- UG and PG Level (excluding professional and technical courses): Maintenance -570 p.m (Hostellers), 300 (Day Scholars)
- For M.Phil. and Ph.D.: Maintenance -1200 p.m (Hostellers), 550 p.m (Day Scholars)
Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses
- Graduation and Post Graduation: Course 20,000 p.a (Day Scholars & Hostellers)
- Maintenance 1,000 p.m (Hostellers), 500 p.m (Day Scholars)
Required Documents for Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Candidate’s passport size photo.
- Income Certificate of parent or guardian.
- Community Certificate (Attested by self if above 18, below 18 attested by parent/ guardian).
- Certificate of the final examination (self-attested).
- Aadhar card/ Bank Passbook.
- Residential or Domicile Proof.
Required Documents for Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Passport size photo of the applicant.
- Family Income Certificate.
- Self Attested mark sheets of the previous year.
- Course Fee Receipt of the current year.
- Bank Account Details.
- Certificate of Residence.
- Aadhar Card or its enrolment number.
Required Documents for Professional and Technical Courses Scheme
- Aadhar number.
- Passport size photograph of the candidate.
- Income Certificate of the parent.
- Community Certificate.
- Previous year mark sheet (Self-attested).
- Current course fee receipt.
- Bank Passbook copy.
- Domicile Certificate or Proof of Residence
MOMA Scholarship Application Process
- The MOMA Scholarship portal has been down due to some technical issues.
- Candidates are advised to login to the NSP for registration.
- He/ she must first register at the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). (MOMA Scholarship Registration Tab)
- After the registration process is complete, select the scholarship and start the application process.
- Select the category under which the applicant falls.
- Fill in all the details that are required carefully.
- The applicants must upload the necessary documents.
- The MOMA scholarship status can be checked online by using the credentials on the official website.
MOMA Scholarship – Merit Cum Means Scholarship Selection Process
- The selection of the awardees will be made solely on the basis of financial conditions in the case of the post-matric and pre-matric scheme.
- In the case of professional and technical courses merit is also considered.
- Older applicants are preferred for the post and pre-matric scholarship scheme.
- Students who are enrolled in reputed institutions will be given preference.
- The details of the awardees will be put up on the respected website.
- The status of the MOMA scholarship can be checked by logging in to the scholarship portal.
MOMA Scholarship Renewal Policy
- The scholarship renewal process is the same for all three categories. It is based on the following factors:
MOMA Terms And Conditions
- The applicant must be in pursual of the same course in the same institution.
- He/ She must also produce a certificate citing that the individual has secured a minimum of 50% in the previous exam.
Terms and Conditions of MOMA Scholarship 2020
- More than 2 students can’t avail of this scholarship from a single-family.
- About 30% of these scholarships are reserved for the girl students.
- It can be transferred to male candidates in case the female candidates do not avail of this.
- The scholarship will be suspended if university discipline and norms are not adhered to.
- The student cannot avail any other scholarship and its benefits if he/ she is availing the MOMA Scholarship Scheme.
- The student must be attended to Regular classes.
MOMA Scholarship 2020 Important Links
To Apply for MOMA Scholarship 2020 – Click Here
Check more information about MOMA Scholarship 2020 @ momascholarship.gov.in
For more updates about MOMA Scholarship 2020, keep following Freshers Now on a daily basis.
MOMA Scholarship 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the application process for the MOMA Scholarship 2020?
Go to the online portal of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Select the scholarship and start the application process. Fill in all the details that are required carefully also upload the necessary documents and submit them.
Who can apply for the MOMA Scholarship 2020?
All minority classes such as Muslim, Sikh, Parsi, Buddhist, and Jain are eligible for the MOMA Scholarship 2020.
What is the official site of the MOMA Scholarship 2020?
MOMA Scholarship 2020 official site is momascholarship.gov.in
What is the Eligibility Criteria to apply for the MOMA Pre Matric Scholarship?
The student must belong to any of the classes 1 to 10. The student must have scored a minimum of 50% in the previous final examination. The annual income limit must not exceed INR 1,00,000.