PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download: Searching for PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 and the PPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Pattern 2022? Then you are in the right place. Here, to help all the exam applied candidates, we had collected complete information about the PPSC Assistant Town Planner Group A Syllabus 2022 from the official website and projected here. Interested candidates can download the Punjab PSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 PDF from the direct link attached to the end section of this article. Along with that, check out the detailed PPSC Assistant Town Planner Group A Exam Pattern 2022 furnished in the furthermore sections.
There will be 2 rounds for the post of Assistant Town Planner (Group A). The written competitive examination is conducted for 480 Marks and the Interview for 60 Marks. The written exam consists of 2 Parts. Part A consists of 100 questions from the concerned subjects. And, Part B consists of 20 questions from General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, and Mental Ability. 4 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 Mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. And, the questions asked are multiple choice objective questions.
PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 – Details
|PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download|
|Organization Name||Punjab Public Service Commission|
|Post Names||Assistant Town Planner (Group A)|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, Interview|
PPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Pattern 2022
Get the detailed PPSC Assistant Town Planner Group A Exam Pattern 2022 from here. The table given below will give you the complete PPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Pattern 2022. So that exam appearing candidates can include this in the preparation process and start their practice in order to give their best in the Written Competitive Examination. Also, candidates can download the PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 and the PPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Pattern 2022 PDFs available on this page.
|Name of the Subjects||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Part A: Concerned Subject (Planning)||100||400|
|Total||120 Questions||480 Marks|
|Time Duration: 2 Hours|
|Multiple Choice Objective Questions|
- Each question carries 4 marks and for each correct answer, the candidate will get 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking in the written examination for questions wrongly answered i.e. for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
Download PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 PDF
Down Here, we have listed the subject-wise Punjab PSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 Topics for the sake of the applicants. Prepare well for the exam using these PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 topics in order to make the highest scores in the Exam. Candidates who got qualified in the Written Exam will be called for the next round of the Selection Process which is a Personal Interview. To attain the highest marks, download the PPSC Assistant Town Planner Group A Syllabus 2022 PDF from the below links and practice them whenever you want to.
Part A: Concerned Subjects
History of Town planning
- Principles of Town Planning, Town planning in ancient India, Indus Valley Civilization, the medieval period, the necessity of town planning, growth and forms of towns, site selection for an ideal town, urbanization and, industrialization and its effects on town planning.
- Contribution of planners, Lewis Mumford, Patrick Geddes, Peter Hall, Le Corbusier, Tony Garnier, Ebenezer Howard.
- Theories of urbanization include Concentric Zone Theory, Sector Theory, Multiple Nuclei Theory, and other latest theories.
Basic Planning Concepts
- Theories governing the Urban Land use Planning
- Demographic Projections & methods
- Transportation studies like Origin & Destination.
- Industrial Location & Impact assessment.
- Environmental study & EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment)
- Density gradient/ distribution for carrying capacity analysis in relation to utilities and services
- Urban design considerations in Urban planning theory and practice.
- Physical surveys and Socio-economic surveys
- Methods adopted for collection of data for development and re-development of residential, commercial, industrial and recreational areas
- Land use classification/coding Techniques of preparing base maps, regional, city, zone, local area plans UDPFI guidelines, zoning regulations, and development controls.
- Inclusive planning and sustainable development.
- Emerging Concepts: Global City, inclusive city, Safe city etc. City of the future, future of the city; shadow cities, divided cities; Models of planning: Advocacy and Pluralism in Planning; Systems approach to planning: rationalistic and incremental approaches, mixed scanning and middle range planning, advocacy planning and action planning, equity planning
- Master Plan, Development plan, structure plans, local plans, district plans, sector plans, local area plans, and regional plans
- Social research techniques: social survey land use survey, physical survey, building use, density, age of building, application aerial/remote sensing/GIS
- National policies affecting urban settlement planning
- Nature and scope of sociology- concepts and methods Man & environment- community and settlements, urban sociology-tradition and modernity
- Social problems of slums and housing
- Basics of economics – economic and human settlements concepts of economic and economic growth-demand and supply-production economic-markets
Master planning and Zoning
- Objects and necessity of Master plan
- Stages in preparation of master plan
- Principles of zoning
- Objects and importance of zoning
- Development control regulations
- Site plans /area plans
- Physical and social infrastructure
Traffic and Transportation planning
- Principles of traffic and transportation planning
- Role of transport, types of transport systems, problems, and mobility issues
- Classification of roads, principles of segregation of traffic, types of streets, road system, road junctions, parking facilities, traffic signals, street lighting, and traffic management.
- Traffic and transportation surveys and studies
- Basic principles of Transport infrastructure design
- Transport, environment, and safety issues
Slum and re-development of existing towns
- Causes, growth, characteristics, and effects of slums
- Slum clearance and rehabilitation
- Compensation for slum clearance
- Urban renewal
- Housing policies
- Housing and area planning standards net residential density and gross residential density, development controls and building bye-laws
- Fundamentals of Development Control Norms / Regulations, ECBC Norms, and GRIHA relating systems, concepts behind the development of area specific Byelaws
- Classification of industries
- Selection of site/location for industries
- Planning of industrial estate
- Industrial waste and treatment.
Planning for Infrastructure
- Planning of urban network and services
- Infrastructure systems
- Issues related to centralized city water supply and decentralized systems.
- Waste generation, Waste water disposal system including stormwater drainage system
- Solid waste disposal and management
- Planning for fire protection
- Concept of Regional Planning
- The principle involved in the delineation of regions
- Factors influencing Regional planning.
- Concepts, sources, terminologies, the significance of law and its relationship to Urban Planning; Indian Constitution: concept and contents; 73rd and 74th Constitution Amendment Act.
- Evolution; An overview of legal tools connected with Urban Planning and Development, Land Acquisition Act,
- Punjab Regional and Town Planning and Development Act
- Procedures for preparation and implementation of Regional Plans, Master Plans, and Town Planning Schemes
- Aims and objectives of professional Institutes
- Professional role and responsibility of planning consultants
- Professional ethics
- Code of conduct
- The scale of professional charges
Part B: General Knowledge
- Current Events of State, National, and International Importance
- Personalities in News
- Games, Sports and Multimedia
- Economic issues.
- Polity issues
- Environment issues
- Science and Technology.
- (a) History of India with special reference to the Indian freedom struggle movement
(b) History of Punjab- 14th century onwards. Science, Technology Environment in
- Indian Art, Literature and Culture.
- Information and Computer Technology (ICT) —
(a) ICT: Advantages, disadvantages, and uses.
(b) Basic of the Internet and Its Applications.
(c) Developments in Educational Technology.
11. Any other current issues.
Logical Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Logical reasoning, analytical and mental ability.
- Basic numerical skills; numbers, magnitudes, percentages, numerical relation appreciation.
- Data analysis; Graphic presentations, charts, tables, spreadsheets.
|PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 – Important Link|
|To Download PPSC Assistant Town Planner Group A Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|
Follow our website @ Freshersnow.com regularly, to get more updated information like PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022.
|You Can Also Check|
|PPSC Recruitment||Punjab Govt Jobs|