TNEA Counselling 2020 @ tneaonline.org – TNEA 2020 Supplementary Counselling (Started), Academic & Vocational Schedule, Counselling Process: On this page, you can check the complete TNEA Counselling 2020 details. The Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020 is a screening procedure conducted by the Anna University Officials to provide admission in the Tamil Nadu Colleges. The TNEA 2020 Supplementary Counselling Registrations are from 3rd to 7th November 2020. So, check the direct registration link provided below.
New Update: TNEA 2020 Supplementary Counselling commenced started from 3rd November 2020. Registration is opened until 7th November 2020. Please follow the instructions and demos provided on our website to complete the supplementary counselling registration
Furthermore, there will be no examination. Only candidates will be selected on the basis of the 12th marks. You need to register online on the official TNEA portal that is tneaonline.org. Check the TNEA Counselling Dates, Schedule, and the procedure entitled in the upcoming sections. Do check our Freshers Now page for more information regarding the TNEA Counselling 2020.
- 1 TNEA Counselling 2020 (Academic, Vocational) – Details
- 2 TNEA Counselling Dates
- 3 Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020
- 4 TNEA Choice Preparation Sheet 2020
- 5 Note
- 6 Documents For Verification
- 7 Allocation Of Seats (Rules Of Reservation)
- 8 Steps For TNEA Counselling 2020 Process
- 9 TNEA Counselling 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
TNEA Counselling 2020 (Academic, Vocational) – Details
|Name Of The Exam||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)|
|University Name||Anna University|
|Admissions for||B.E, B.Tech Degree Courses 2020-2021|
|Supplementary Counselling||3rd to 7th November 2020|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Admission Process||Marks obtained from 10+2|
TNEA Counselling Dates
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020
After the final allotment, the applicant has to report to the respective college for admission on or before the last date specified in the provisional allotment order. The applicant shall remit the remaining fee (deducting the initial deposit paid to TNEA) at the time of admission in the college. In case the applicant failed to join before the last date specified, he/she has to forfeit the seat and cannot claim his/ her seat later. The provisional allotment made to him/her will be automatically canceled. If a candidate forfeits the allotment or candidate who could not get any allotment in this counselling process can claim a refund of the initial deposit from TNEA. The refund will be made according to the TNEA procedure.
TNEA Choice Preparation Sheet 2020
The applicant should prepare the Choice Preparation Sheet by referring to multiple sources like:
- Information about colleges which is available in the booklet provided to applicants during the verification of original certificates at TFC.
- Checking the vacancy position from TNEA portals.
- Checking previous years’ minimum cut-off with respect to the applicant’s preferred choice using the TNEA portal.
- Enquiring about and gathering first-hand information about the applicant’s preferred choice from different sources.
- Various other information like NBA, NAAC, etc.
Counselling for (i) Eminent sportspersons, (ii) Differently abled persons, (iii) Sons and daughters of Ex-servicemen, (iv) Vocational candidates and (v) Supplementary Counselling and counselling for vacant seats of SCA after completion of general Counselling will be held in person only at Chennai. Applicants must ensure that all online counselling activities like making the payment, adding choices, locking choices, tentative allotment, submission of allotment option and final allotment are performed at the official TNEA Web portals (https://www.tneaonline.in or https://www.tndte.gov.in) only.
Documents For Verification
The candidate has to report to the TNEA Facilitation Centre on the date and time noted in their e-call letter for original certificates verification along with the signed copy of the registered application with a photo affixed on it. (PDF obtained after successful registration of application) along with the following
original certificates and their photocopies for certificates verification.
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC First year (+1) Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM (either
- Permanent card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate)
- HSC Second year (+2) / Equivalent Mark sheet
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Nativity Certificate (only in electronic form/ digitally signed e-Certificate) (if applicable)
- Income certificate (if applicable)
- First Graduate Certificate (only in electronic form/ digitally signed e-Certificate) and
- First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates who have applied for special reservation
(i) Relevant certificates for Son/ Daughter of Ex-servicemen with Parent’s discharge
certificate and ID card
(ii) Differently abled persons should bring Medical Certificate obtained from Medical
Board (Consists of 3 Doctors)
(iii) Eminent sports persons* should bring all sports achievements certificates with necessary forms.
Allocation Of Seats (Rules Of Reservation)
Selection shall be made under seven categories namely OC, BC, BCM (BC Muslim), MBC & DNC, SC, SCA and ST following the rule of reservation of Government of Tamil Nadu as follows.
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3.00%|
|Backward Class Muslim||3.50%|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20.00%|
Steps For TNEA Counselling 2020 Process
The applicants will be grouped based on their rank and each group of applicants will be allowed to participate in counselling according to their turn. TNEA 2020 will have four to five rounds of counselling. The applicant has to login into the TNEA portal by using his/ her user ID and Password (same as that used at the time of registration) for performing various activities in a particular round. The procedure for each round of counselling is as follows:
Applicants should pay an initial deposit of Rs. 5000/- for general category and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ SCA/ ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu, through online mode of payment (Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Demand Draft) by using the TNEA portal, according to the payment schedule of the round. An applicant can participate in the counselling only after the successful payment of the initial deposit. Hence the applicant is advised to make the payment well in advance of the scheduled time.
After successful completion of payment, those applicants in the current round can add choices to their list (in order of preference) to be considered for allotment by using the TNEA portal. The TNEA portal has provisions to add choices in multiple ways to the list in the order of preference (for more information visit TNEA portal). Applicants are advised to save the choices made at regular intervals.
- Three days are provided to enter choices from the commencement of round (24 hours for the first two days and up to 5.00 P.M. on the third day).
- A choice refers to a branch in a college.
- The order of preference is the applicant’s priority of choices for allotment of seats ordered from the most preferred to the least preferred. For example, Choice number 1 will be considered the most preferred choice for allotment. If Choice number 1 could not be allotted based on the rank, Choice 2, 3, 4 and so on (strictly in that order) will be considered for allotment.
- A format sheet for Choice Preparation is available in the TNEA portal and can be downloaded by the applicants from the TNEA portal. Using this Sheet, they can prepare the choice list from their respective homes. They are advised to be ready with the filled-in Choice Preparation Sheet before logging into TNEA portal for choice entry
After adding their choices, applicants should lock their choices before 5.00 pm on the third day from the commencement of the counselling round. Applicants shall verify the choice list and reorder their order of preferences, if necessary and ensure that their choice list is in proper order before locking them. Once the choices are locked, the applicant cannot add to/ modify the list.
Applicants’ choice list can be rearranged and modified in many ways through the TNEA portal. After locking the choices, a PDF document containing the list of choices locked by the applicant will be sent to the applicant’s registered email with the generated integrity code. The integrity code is to prevent any further modification to the applicant’s choice list that has been submitted.
After the locking of choices by the applicants, the system will, tentatively, allot the choice based on rank and the applicant’s order of preferences. The same can be viewed the following day after locking the choices by the applicants through their login.
Submission Of Allotment Choices
- Confirm the tentatively allotted choice.
- Confirm the tentatively allotted choice with upward movement.
- Decline the tentatively allotted choice and opt for upward movement.
- Decline the tentatively allotted choice and opt to participate in the next round of the counselling as per the next round’s vacancy position.
- Quit Counselling
After submission of allotment options, the final allotment will be done by the system based on rank and the applicant’s allotment options that have been submitted. The final allotment order can be viewed and downloaded by the applicants through their login in the TNEA Web portal.
TNEA 2020 Supplementary Counselling Registration – Click Here – (Link Is Active Now)
TNEA Counselling 2020 Registration – Click Here – (Link Is Active Now)
TNEA Counselling 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
When was the TNEA Counselling started?
The First Round TNEA Counselling was started on 8th October 2020.
How to register for TNEA Counselling 2020?
Candidates can get registered for TNEA Counselling 2020 through the official site @ https://www.tneaonline.org/ or from FreshersNow.Com.
From when will the Locking of Choices can be done for Vocational Personals?
From 12th To 13th October 2020, the Locking of Choices can be done for Vocational Personals.
When will the officials release the Tentative Allotment for Round 1?
The officials release the Tentative Allotment for Round 1 on 14th October 2020.