TNOU Ph.D. Admission 2020 Notification @ tnou.ac.in – Applications (Available), Dates, Eligibility: Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) officials accepting the Online TNOU Ph.D. Application Form 2020 for Ph.D. Programme from 12th December 2019. So, candidates who are seeking admission into Ph.D. Research program has to check this page. Furthermore, you can go through this page to know the detailed information of TNOU Ph.D. Admission 2020.
Latest Update: Candidates can apply for TNOU Ph.D. Admission 2020 till 4th January 2020. Check the Revised Schedule from the link provided below.
Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai, invites applications for admission to the Ph.D., Program (Regular) under full-time Category only for the academic January 2019 Admission Session. Also, the direct link to apply for TNOU Ph.D. is attached below. Moreover, you can submit the TNOU Ph.D. 2020 Application Form on or before 4th January 2020. As per the latest notification, the Ph.D. Entrance Exam will be conducted on 6th January 2020. The direct link attached below will be activated when the officials release the application form.
- 1 TNOU Ph.D Admission 2020 Notification – Overview
- 1.1 Ph.D. Vacancy Positions for January-2020 Admission Session
- 1.2 Important Dates
- 1.3 TNOU Ph.D. Eligibility – Jan 2020 Session Admission
- 1.4 Subject Of Research
- 1.5 Application Fee
- 1.6 Selection Process
- 1.7 Documents Required
- 1.8 How To Submit the TNOU Ph.D. 2020 Application Form?
- 1.9 Important Links
- 1.10 Frequently Asked Questions
TNOU Ph.D Admission 2020 Notification – Overview
|University Name||Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU)|
|Entrance Exam Name||Ph.D. Programme Entrance Exam|
|Starting Date||12th December 2019 (Available Now)|
|Last Date To Submit Application Form||4th January 2020|
|Admission Into||Ph.D. Programme|
|Exam Date||22nd January 2020|
|Mode Of Availability||Online|
|TNOU Admission Portal||www.tnouadmission.in|
Ph.D. Vacancy Positions for January-2020 Admission Session
|Major Studies||Ph.D. Vacancies Count|
|Non-Formal & Adult Education||4|
|Continuing Education (Inter-Disciplinary)||4|
|Electronic Media Studies||1|
|Ancient History & Archaeology||3|
|Last Date Of Receipt Of Application Form||4th January 2020|
|Conduct Of Entrance Examination||22nd January 2020|
|Conduct Of Interview||28th January 2020|
|Uploading Of Selection list in the TNOU Website||30th January 2020|
|Admission Intimation to The Selected candidates||30th January 2020|
|Last Date Of Admission||10th February 2020|
TNOU Ph.D. Eligibility – Jan 2020 Session Admission
Candidate willing to register for Ph.D. should have passed a Master Degree or a
professional degree declared equivalent to the master’s degree, in the discipline concerned with not less than 55% of marks. Also, the candidate should have gone through the pattern of study in a 10+2+3+2 pattern or equivalent in that order. These degrees should have been obtained from this University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto. Those candidates having qualified UGC/ CSIR (JRF) Examination NET/ SET/ GATE/ Teacher fellowship shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance test.
Note: The vacancies may be filled according to the availability of the Guide in the respective Schools of Study and by following the reservation policy of the Govt.
Subject Of Research
(i) School of Social Sciences [SOSS]
(ii) School of Management Studies [SOMS]
(iii) School of Education [SOE]
(iv) School of Humanities [SOH]
(v) School of Continuing Education [SOCE]
(vi) School of Science [SOS]
(vii) School of Computer Science [SOCS]
(viii) School of Tamil and Cultural Studies [SOTCS]
(ix) School of Journalism and New Media Studies [SOJNMS]
(x) School of Politics and Public Administration [SOPPA]
(xii) School of History and Tourism Studies [SOHTS]
(xi) School of Criminology and Criminal Justice Administration [SOCCJA]
(xiii) School of Special Education and Rehabilitation [SOSER]
Candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 500 while applying for TNOU Ph.D. Admission 2020. And the registration fee is Rs. 1000. The TNOU Ph.D. Application Form once sold shall not be taken back and the cost of Application Form will not be refunded or adjusted towards any purpose.
- As per the UGC Regulations, an Entrance Test and interview will be administered for all the eligible applicants and the performance in the interview will be taken into account along with the marks scored in the PG Program.
- The written test would comprise of objective type of questions for 40% marks and the interview would be conducted for 10% marks.
- The marks secured in written test and interview will be added to the marks obtained in the PG Degree Examination by giving 50% weight age and the rank list will be prepared accordingly.
- Valid e-mail id
- A Mobile Number
- Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Internet Banking
- JPEG File of Highest Qualification Certificate (10th/ +2/ Degree/ Diploma)
- Community Certificate for those students who wish to avail Scholarship
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s recently taken a color photo
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s signature
How To Submit the TNOU Ph.D. 2020 Application Form?
- Candidates can download the TNOU Ph.D. Application Form from Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) @ tnou.ac.in.
- After that, you need to submit it along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 500 in favor of TNOU payable at Chennai.
- Application Form can also be available directly from University on payment of Rs. 1000.
- Before you submit the TNOU Ph.D. Application Form, you have to check your details and then attach suitable documents.
- Take a printed copy of it for further usage.
No.577, Anna Salai, Sadapet, Chennai-600015, Phone No.: 044-24306600, Website www.tnou.ac.in.
Click Here To Get Complete TNOU Ph.D. 2020 Admission
Ph.D. Application Form – Jan 2020 Session: Click Here – (Available Now)
Check TNOU Ph.D. Vacancy Position 2020: Click Here
Click Here To Check Revised Scheduled Of TNOU Ph.D. Admission 2020
TNOU Admission Manual PDF: Click Here
Instructions To Applicants: Click Here
Candidates can check our article to get all the latest updates on TNOU Ph.D. Admission 2020. Also, follow us on freshersnow.com to know more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How many Vacancies are there in the Ph.D. Program?
Answer: There is a total of 54 Vacancies available in the Ph.D. program.
2) What is the last date to submit the TNOU Ph.D. Application Form?
Answer: Candidates must and should have to submit the TNOU Ph.D. Application Form on or before 4th January 2020.
3) When will be TNOU Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted?
Answer: On 22nd January 2020, the officials of TNOU conducts the Entrance Test.