How To Prepare For UPSC IES Exam? Preparation Tips, Study Plan: Candidates who are preparing to execute well in the UPSC IES Exam should check out this article. To begin the UPSC IES Preparation, aspirants need to have a good platform to obtain all the knowledge regarding the UPSC IES Exam. The higher executives of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) organizes the Indian Economic Services Exam, which is being conducted to recruit aspiring engineers for various posts in Engineering Services.
The UPSC IES Exam will be conducted in three stages, that is Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview Round. To get qualified in these stages, aspirants need to have a certain scope of preparation to improve their knowledge of the subjects given in the syllabus. For the sake of the candidates, we have clearly explained the UPSC IES Preparation Tips, UPSC IES Study Plan, UPSC IES Best Reference Books, etc. We advise our candidates to summarize this entire article to get a clear understanding of how to begin the preparation and what are methods to be followed in learning the concepts easily.
How To Prepare For UPSC IES Exam? Preparation Tips, Study Plan
|How To Prepare For UPSC IES Exam? Preparation Tips, Study Plan|
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Post||Indian Economic Services (IES)|
|Job Location||Across India|
|You Can Also Check|
|UPSC Recruitment||UPSC 2021|
|GK Questions & Answers||English Questions & Answers|
|UPSC IES Previous Year Question Papers||UPSC IES Syllabus|
UPSC IES Exam Pattern
|Subject Name||Marks||Time Duration|
|General English||100 Marks||3 Hrs|
|General Studies||100 Marks||3 Hrs|
|General Economics-I||200 Marks||3 Hrs|
|General Economics-II||200 Marks||3 Hrs|
|General Economics-III||200 Marks||3 Hrs|
|Indian Economics||200 Marks||3 Hrs|
Topics To Be Covered For UPSC IES Exam
The syllabus for the UPSC IES exam is General English, General Studies, General Economics -I, II, III, and Indian Economics. And we have given the sub-topics for each subject follow it precisely.
General English: Rules For Tenses, Rules For Prepositions, List of Prepositions, Rules, and List of Conjunctions, Active And Passive Voice Rules, List of One Word Substitutions, List of Homophones/ Homonyms, List of Synonyms and Antonyms, Idioms And Phrases, Spotting the Error, Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Letter Writing Format, Precis Writing
Sentence Correction Questions, Adjective Degree Of Comparison Rules, Article Rules.
General Studies: Current events of national and international importance, History of India and Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography, Indian Polity and Governance, Economic and Social Development.
General Economics and Indian Economics: Economic Planning in India, The horizon of the Indian Economy, Government Schemes & Programmes in India, Money and Banking, International Agencies and Trade.
UPSC IES Study Plan
As the UPSC IES Exam Pattern was given in the above table, now it is time for the aspirants to prepare the timetable in an organized way. We suggest the candidates prepare the UPSC IES timetable which covers all the topics from the basics. It will be helpful for the candidates if they begin their UPSC IES Preparation with the tougher subjects first so that at the beginning of the preparation, aspirants will be very active in learning the new concepts by that time when they advance into learning the tougher subject they can grasp it instantly. Based on the UPSC IES syllabus and the toughness of the subject, candidates need to prepare the timetable accordingly.
Process for the UPSC IES Preparation
- The very important thing for the candidates is to have a complete belief in themselves that they can do well in the UPSC IES Exam. As most of the candidates participate in the UPSC IES Exam, the competition level will be higher. Aspirants need to concentrate on the exam to get a good rank in the UPSC IES Exam.
- Spring your preparation with the subject which you feel comfortable, always start with the basic concepts which will help out to learn the bigger concept easily.
- As the UPSC IES exam pattern is given in the above table, do concentrate on the subjects based on the sections which have more weightage. With that, the aspirants can score well in the UPSC IES Exam.
- Aspirants are proposed to commence their preparation with one subject first and then they are advised to go for the next one. It will be clumsy for them to learn two subjects at once. Whatever subject you start first, learn it thoroughly and go for the next one.
- Managing the notes beside your UPSC IES preparation is very important. Candidates are advised to take notes whenever they found important points. When candidates practice themselves in noting down the important points makes them remember all the topics easily.
- Competitors are recommended to exercise mock tests, which will improve their speed and understanding level. By practicing the UPSC IES mock tests, it will improve their speed in attempting the answers in the UPSC IES Exam.
- Functioning the Previous Papers helps out the candidates to understand what type of questions were asked in the UPSC IES Exam. And how logically the questions were asked. When attempting the previous papers, it is common to do mistakes, but we suggest learning the mistakes and not repeating them.
- And the final one is the UPSC IES Revision, aspirants are suggested to go for the revision once they are done with the UPSC IES preparation. By progressing into the UPSC IES revision, candidates can identify any important topics that they might left. And it also helps to recollect all the important points.
UPSC IES Preparation Tips
- Be thorough with the UPSC IES syllabus, and learn each topic carefully.
- If aspirants feel if one subject is tougher, they are advised to go for the other subjects where they can gain interest over the learning concept.
- Do not study more than one subject at a time
- Try attempting the mock tests to improve the speed and accuracy
- Managing the time is very important, concentrate on the time while you are preparing for the UPSC IES Exam
- Do not deviate from the preparation at any cost
- Revise the topics once you are done with the subject
- Follow the timetable accurately
- Always keep the notes beside you, to recollect the important points
- Note all the important topics, and concentrate more on it
- Get knowledge from the seniors who have participated in the UPSC IES Exam
- Practice Previous Papers to get the awareness of the question paper
We assure you that candidates got the best result with their search concerning the UPSC IES Exam. Follow these methods to get a good rank in the UPSC IES Exam. To get more information about the UPSC IES Exam stay connected to our website @ freshersnow.com.