Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers (General 1 & General 2) with Explanation: Good News for the students, who are preparing for placement exams. Here in this page, we had given the sample Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers For Freshers (2018, 2019 & 2020 Passed outs) in this post. Candidates who are much worried about good learning platform can refer to this page to increase your skills in towards the English language. Practice all the Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers along with Solutions, Explanation listed here. We assure that you can easily clear the exam very easily. The key point for any student is managing time. Therefore, we have arranged Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers according to the test pattern which helps to learn easily.
- 1 Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers For Freshers 2018, 2019 & 2020 Batches
- 1.1 Tech Mahindra English Questions and Answers with Solutions, Explanation
- 1.2 Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers General – 1 Pattern
- 1.2.1 Directions (Q.1-5): In the questions given below, there is a sentence in which one part is given in bold. The part given in bold may or may not be grammatically correct. Choose the best alternative among the four given which can replace the part in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct
- 1.2.2 Directions (Q. 6 – 8): Choose the Synonyms of the following words
- 1.2.3 Direction (Q. 9 – 10): Choose the Antonyms of the following words
- 1.3 Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers General – 2 Pattern
- 1.3.1 Direction (Q. 1 – 10): Word Analogy, Find the exact pair according to the given pair
- 1.3.2 Directions (Q.11-15 ) In the following statements, there are two blank spaces. Find out one word that is to be fitted in both the statements I & II to make it meaningful
- 1.3.3 Directions (Q. 16 – 20): Choose the Dissimilar words or Antonyms of the following words
- 1.4 Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers in PDF format
Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers For Freshers 2018, 2019 & 2020 Batches
Number of Questions in General 1 – 10 Questions
Number of Questions in General 2 – 20 Questions
|Topics||Questions asked( Approximately)|
|Fill in the Blanks||2-4 Questions|
|Spotting Errors||5-6 Questions|
|Identify the sentences||3-5 Questions|
|Sentence Improvement||3-5 Questions|
|Odd Words||2-7 Questions|
|Joining Sentences||2-5 Questions|
|Sentence Arrangement||1-3 Questions|
|Tag Questions||2-4 Questions|
|Idioms and Phrases||3-8 Questions|
|Identify the errors||5-8 Questions|
|Active and Passive Voices||5-10 Questions|
|Plural Forms||1-4 Questions|
|Spelling Test||3-5 Questions|
Candidates should cover all the topics involved in verbal section such as word analogy, reading comprehension, verification of truth statements, prefix, suffix, odd words, sentence correction, etc. Candidates should be very careful while preparing Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers along with Solutions because each and every topic is very important. Moreover, all the candidates who are willing to take the test can use this information and practice well.
You Can Also Check: Off Campus Drives
Tech Mahindra English Questions and Answers with Solutions, Explanation
Though students are very good in the technical section, they may not get the job, that is beacuse of poor English. In this corporate world, the English language is very important for survival. We are sure that by taking Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers from this page you will definitely increase your knowledge in verbal section. So, Kindly refer all the provided Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers along with the solution. You can download Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers in PDF format at the end of this article
Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers General – 1 Pattern
Directions (Q.1-5): In the questions given below, there is a sentence in which one part is given in bold. The part given in bold may or may not be grammatically correct. Choose the best alternative among the four given which can replace the part in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct
1. When India gained its independence and Gandhi gained martyrdom in 1947 and ’48, the country set an example that African and Asian leaders will follow to independence by the decadence that followed.
A. for the decades that followed
B. in the decades that preceded
C. as to the decades that were following
D. in the decades that followed
Answer – D. in the decades that followed
in the decades that followed- years which followed
2. It is testamentary to the unexpectedness of Theresa May’s call for a snap general election that even in the hour before the announcement when her office had indicated that the British Prime Minister would be speaking on the steps of Downing Street.
A. testament to the unexpectedness
B. testament in the congruously
C. testament upon the probability
D. testament for the inherent
Answer – A. testament to the unexpectedness
a testament to the unexpectedness – tribute/reward to the surprised
3. Since the benefits of globalization are diffusing between billions of people while its costs are concentrated on a smaller but organized group, such adjustments often end up validating populist, protectionist policies.
A. are diffused among startling
B. are diffused among billions
C. are impulse among many
D. are fortuitous among many
Answer – B. are diffused among billions
are diffused among billions – distributed among
4. It is important to reflect on how the medical profession —always held in respect in our society has come to such a sorry pass where health-care workers needing caring from the very people they are meant to take care of.
A. workers needing modification from
B. workers need unclad protection from
C. workers need protection from
D. workers need refining of
Answer – C. workers need protection from
workers need protection from – needs security
5. In South Africa, Gandhi became involved in efforts to end discrimination against the Indian minority there, who were customaries by both the British and by the Boers, descendants of the original Dutch settlers of the region.
A. natively expressed both by British
B. oppressed both by the British
C. innate by both the British
D. familiar destructed by both the British
Answer – B. oppressed both by the British
oppressed both by the British – exploited by British
Directions (Q. 6 – 8): Choose the Synonyms of the following words
Answer – B. Pomp
Explanation: Ostentation – the pretentious or showy display of wealth and luxury, designed to impress.
Answer – A. Cheer
Explanation: Enliven – make something more entertaining, interesting, or appealing.
Answer – C. Indecent
Explanation: Obscene – offensive or disgusting by accepted standards of morality and decency.
Direction (Q. 9 – 10): Choose the Antonyms of the following words
Answer – A. Admire
Explanation: Despise – feel contempt or a deep repugnance for.
Admire – regard with respect or warm approval.
Answer – B. Lawful
Explanation: Illicit – forbidden by law, rules, or custom.
Lawful – conforming to, permitted by, or recognized by law or rules.
Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers General – 2 Pattern
Direction (Q. 1 – 10): Word Analogy, Find the exact pair according to the given pair
- Abrupt: gradual
A. Barren: Fertile
B. Reverse: Backward
C. Motion: Forward
D. Agile: Calm
Answer – A. Barren: Fertile
Explanation: the words in each pair are antonyms of each other.
2. Tocsin: Danger
A. Clarion: Battle
B. Knell: Death
C. Antitoxin: Cure
D. Augury: Warning
Answer – A. Clarion: Battle
Explanation: Tocsin is an alarm to indicate danger. similarity, Clarion is a trumpet which used to be blown to mark the beginning of a battle.
3. Choose: Discard
A. Sit: Stand
B. Draw: Push
C. Love: Adore
D. Walk: Run
Answer – B. Draw: Push
Explanation: The words in each pair are antonyms of each other.
4. Facade: building
A. Dial: Watch
B. Neck: Bottle
C. Page: Book
D. Fence: Garden
Answer – A. Dial: Watch
Explanation: First one is the face or front view of the second.
5. Money: Transaction
A. Life: Death
B. Water: Drink
C. Ideas: Exchange
D. Language: Conversation
Answer – D. Language: Conversation
Explanation: Second one is the process of exchange of the first.
6. Story: Novel
A. Sea: Ocean
B. School: University
C. Book: Dictionary
D. Poetry: Drama
Answer – A. Sea: Ocean
Explanation: Second is a more voluminous form of the first.
7. Farce: Absurdity
A. Charity: Generosity
B. Tragedy: Comedy
C. Energy: Electricity
D. Disease: Medicine
Answer – A. Charity: Generosity
Explanation: The words in each pair are synonyms of each other.
8. Barrel: Vial
A. Brochure: Compiler
B. Length: Height
C. Book: Reader
D. Book: Pamphlet
Answer – D. Book: Pamphlet
Explanation: First is a bigger form of the second.
9. Prologue: Play
A. Epilogue: Curation
B. Intermezzo: Symphony
C. Overture: Opera
D. Chapter: Novel
Answer – C. Overture: Opera
Explanation: Prologue is a preliminary speech given at the beginning of a play. Similarly, the overture is an orchestral composition forming the introduction to an opera.
10. Jute: Sack
A. Wool: Sweater
B. Cotton: Fiber
C. Mill: Cloth
D. Shoe: Sock
Answer – A. Wool: Sweater
Explanation: First is used to make the second.
Directions (Q.11-15 ) In the following statements, there are two blank spaces. Find out one word that is to be fitted in both the statements I & II to make it meaningful
11. I. She was _____ and reserved, a nice modest girl whom any young man would be proud to take home to his mother.
II. James Wilder, _______ and courtly, but with some trace of that wild terror of the night before still lurking in his furtive eyes and in his twitching features.
Answer – A. demure
Demure – modest and reserved in manner or behavior
12. I. It seemed really to the little maiden as though she were sitting before a large iron stove, with ______ brass feet and a brass ornament at top.
II. Some long shots _________ their chances, some favorites lost ground.
Answer – B. burnish
Burnished –make shiny by rubbing; polish
13. I. Diane tried to ______ her father into letting her drive the family car.
II. He stooped to the evil of hypocrisy with others, skeptical of their innocence which he could ______ so easily.
Answer – D. cajole
Cajole- influence or urge by gentle urging or flattering
14. I. The critics _______ his pretentious dialogue and refused to consider his play seriously.
II. He storms and bullies and ______, but she stands up to him so ruthlessly that the Colonel has to ask her from time to time to be kinder to Higgins
Answer – C. deride
Deride- ridicule; make fun of; laugh at with contempt
15. I. If you go to the beach and get a sunburn, your complexion will look _______.
II. The decisive expression of her great _______ face satisfied her and she thought of some mothers she knew who could not get their daughters off their hands.
Answer – C. florid
Florid- reddish; elaborately or excessively ornamented
Directions (Q. 16 – 20): Choose the Dissimilar words or Antonyms of the following words
16. Venerable is most dissimilar to
Answer – C. Sophomoric
Explanation: Venerable means impressive by reason of age; Sophomoric
means poorly informed and immature
17. Rancor is most dissimilar to
Answer – B. Accord
Explanation: Rancor means bitter ill-will; one meaning of accord is balanced
interrelationship, or harmony
18. Tractable is most dissimilar to
Answer – A. Stubborn
Explanation: tractable means easily handled or managed; stubborn means
difficult to handle or manage
19. Dexterous is most dissimilar to
Answer – A. Clumsy
Explanation: dexterous means skillful with the hands; clumsy means lacking
dexterity, nimbleness, or grace
20. Aerate is most dissimilar to
Answer – B. Suffocate
Explanation: to aerate means to supply with oxygen; to suffocate means to
deprive of oxygen
Tech Mahindra Verbal Ability Questions and Answers in PDF format
This page is the exact page to learn especially for freshers. We hope job seekers got the required information from this post. Candidates can download Tech Mahindra (General 1 & General 2) Verbal Ability Questions and Answers in PDF format by clicking on the earlier provided link. Students can bookmark our page freshersnow.com for more updates regarding placements on a regular basis. Thank You. All the Best for your Tech Mahindra exam.