IBPS PO Reasoning Questions and Answers with Explanation: On this page, we have provided all the frequently asked IBPS PO Reasoning Questions and Answers for both the Prelims, Mains Examination. It is not much easy to crack the IBPS PO Examination. So, to help you all, we have framed the IBPS PO Reasoning Online Test Q&A. These IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Questions and Answers PDF will help you to know the type of questions that may be asked in the IBPS PO Online Test. Gain more knowledge and marks by practicing the given IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Quiz. Not only the IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Free Mock Test Q&A, but we have also provided the appropriate explanations.
You Can Also Check: ★ IBPS PO Syllabus
IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Questions and Answers – Prelims
For the ease of the aspirants, we have provided the IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Quiz Question and Answers. As we have presented the IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Prelims Questions and Answers, it will be very easy for you to solve them and answer during the IBPS PO Reasoning Ability MCA. Furthermore, it is very simple to clear the IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Section, but the thing is you have to think logically to solve all the problems. Then, you will be perfect in answering the questions given in the IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Free Mock Test.
1. When Anand saw Praveen, he recalled, “He is the son of the father of my wife.” Who is Praveen?
Answer – D. Brother-in-law
Anand’s wife’s father => Anand’s father-in-law
Father-in-law’s son => Anand’s brother-in-law
Therefore, Praveen is Anand’s brother-in-law.
2. Ramesh’s mother is the only daughter of Madhavi’s father. How is Madhavi’s husband related to Ramesh?
Answer – B. Father
Clearly, the only daughter of Madhavi’s father is Madhavi herself
So, Ramesh’s mother is Madhavi
Therefore, Madhavi’s husband is the father of Ramesh.
3. A man said to a lady, “Your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt” How is the lady related to the man?
Answer – B. Sister
Your mother’s husband means your father
Your father’s sister means your aunt
Hence, the lady’s aunt is the man’s aunt and then the lady is the man’s sister.
4. Vineeth said, “This girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother.” Who is Vineeth to the girl?
Answer – D. Father-in-law
Mother’s grandson is related as the son
The son’s wife is related as Daughter-in-law
Therefore, Vineeth is the Father-in-law of the girl.
5. Introducing a man, a woman said. “His wife is the only daughter of my father.” How is that man related to the woman?
D. Maternal uncle
Answer – A. Husband
The only daughter of my father seems myself
Hence, the man is a woman’s husband.
6. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Answer – D. Chocolate
All except Chocolate are baked items.
7. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Answer – B. Mercury
Mercury is the only liquid metal in the group.
8. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
C. New York
Answer – C. New York
All except New York are capital cities
9. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Answer – A. Mechanic
All except Mechanic helps in building a house.
10. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Answer – B. Foot
All except foot are parts of the hand.
You Can Also Check: ★ IBPS PO General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness Q&A
11. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Answer – B. Roof
All except roof are dwelling places of different animals.
12. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Answer – A. Thailand
All except Thailand are all islands.
13. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Answer – C. Diplomacy
All except are Diplomacy are forms of administration.
14. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Answer – A. Bat
Except for bat, all others are birds.
15. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Answer – B. Litchi
Litchi has the larger seed than the others have.
16. If in a certain code MANGO is written as LBLIL then in the same code how MONKS is written?
Answer – A. LPLMP
Given that MANGO = LBLIL
If we carefully observe, the letters in the word follow this pattern -1, +1, -2, +2, -3
In the same way MONKS = LPLMP.
You Can Also Check: ★ IBPS PO Computer Ability Questions and Answers
17. In a certain code, language COMPUTER is written as RFUVQNPC. How will MEDICINE be written in that code language?
Answer – D. EOJDJEFM
Given that COMPUTER = RFUVQNPC
This is much logical, first and last letters of the word are exchanged together, then middle letters of the word are coded with “immediate letters from the right-hand side to left”.
Therefore, MEDICINE = EOJDJEFM
18. If ROSE is coded as 6821, CHAIR is coded as 73456 and PREACH is coded as 961473, what will be the code for SEARCH?
Answer – B. 214673
Carefully observe the number parallel to each and every letter then code
By monitoring each and every given word SEARCH is coded as 214673.
19. In a certain code, TRIPPLE is written as SQHOOKD. How is DISPOSE written in that code?
Answer – D. CHRONRD
Very simple, Each letter in a word is moved one step backward to obtain the corresponding letter of the code.
Hence, DISPOSE is coded as CHRONRD.
20. In a certain code, MOTHER is written as ONHURF. How will ANSWER be written in that code?
Answer – A. NBWTRF
This is a little bit logical. Firstly, divide the word into three equal parts and reverse them. Now, the even letters are one step forwarded.
MO TH ER => OM HT RE => ON HU RF =>ONHURF.
Similarly, ANSWER =>NA WS RE => NB WT RF => NBWTRF.
21. If in a code language, COULD is written as BNTKC and MARGIN are written as LZQFHM, how will MOULDING be written in that code?
Answer – D. LNTKCHMF
Each letter in the word is moved one step backward to obtain the corresponding letter of the code
Therefore, MOULDING = LNTKCHMF.
22. 69, 84, 189, ?, 1197, 2484
Answer – A. 504
69+(1*3*5) = 84
84+(3*5*7) = 189
189+(5*7*9) = 504
504+(7*9*11) = 1197
1197+(9*11*13) = 2484.
23. 127, 125, 247, ?, 2943
Answer – C. 737
125*2-3 = 247
247*3-4 = 737
737*4-5 = 2943.
24. 5, 293, 437, ?, 545, 563, 572
Answer – B. 509
5 + 9 * 32 = 293
293 + 9 * 16 = 437
437 + 9 * 8 = 509
509 + 9 * 4 = 545
545 + 9 * 2 = 563
563 + 9 * 1 = 572.
25. BKS, DJT, FIU, HHV, ?
Answer – C. JGW
Here the first letter of the group is moved with a gap of one letter, the second letter of the group is backwardness and the third letter of the group is forwardness proceeding like this we get the letter group “JGW”.
26. 111, 133.2, 186.48, 298.36, 537.04, ?
Answer – C. 1074.08
111*1.2 = 133.2
133.2*1.4 = 186.48
186.48*1.6 = 298.36
298.36*1.8 = 537.04
537.06*2 = 1074.08.
27. Squint: Eye:: Squeeze:?
Answer – A. Hand
Squint is to constrict the eyes.
Similarly, Squeeze is to constrict the hands.
28. Chef: Restaurant:: Druggist:?
Answer – B. Pharmacy
The restaurant is the working place of Chef.
In the same way, Pharmacy is the working place of Druggist.
29. Life: Death:: Hope:?
Answer – D. Despair
Life and Death are antonyms.
Similarly, Hope and Despair also antonyms.
30. Auger: Carpenter:: Awl:?
Answer – B. Cobbler
Auger is the tool used by the Carpenter.
Similarly, Awl is the tool used by Cobbler.
31. Footwear: Leather:: Apparel:?
Answer – C. Cloth
Footwear is made up of leather.
Similarly, apparel is made up of cloth.
You Can Also Check: ★ IBPS PO Data Analysis & Interpretation Q&A
32. Company: Logo:: Country:?
Answer – A. Flag
As every company has a unique logo.
Similarly, every country has a unique flag.
33. Sikkim: Gangtok:: Manipur:?
Answer – D. Imphal
Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim.
As well as, Imphal is the capital of Manipur.
34. Canada: Ottawa:: Cambodia:?
D. Phnom Penh
Answer – D. Phnom Penh
Ottawa is the capital of Canada.
Similarly, Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia
35. Income: Profit:: Expenditure:?
Answer – B. Loss
If Income is more than expenditure it bears Profit.
Similarly, if Expenditure is more than income, then loss occurs.
IBPS PO Reasoning Questions and Answers PDF Download – Prelims: Click Here
IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Questions and Answers – Mains
Well, to gain more marks in the Reasoning Ability section, they have to check the IBPS PO Reasoning Questions and Answers which are asked previously asked. Preparing with the IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Free Mock Test Q&A, you can know at where you are weak in this section. Moreover, we are sure that the below provided IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Questions and Answers PDF will help you a lot to clear the examination.
1. A girl introduced a boy as the son of’ the daughter of the father of her uncle. The boy is a girl’s
I. The Meteorological Department has issued a statement mentioning deficient rainfall during monsoon in many parts of the country.
II. The Government has lowered the revised estimated GDP growth from the level of earlier estimates.
A. Statement I is the cause and statement II is its effect.
B. Statement II is the cause and statement I is its effect.
C. Both the statements I and II are independent causes.
D. Both the statements I and II are the effects of independent causes.
3. Eighty : Gieyth : : Output:?
4. What Should Come In The Place Of Question Mark In The Following Series? 1, 4, 9, 25, 36, ?
5. If ‘cat’ And ‘boat’ Are Written As Xzg And ‘ylzg’ Respectively In A Code Language How Is ‘egg’ To Be Written In The Same Language?
6. What was the day on 15th August 1947?
Explanation: 15 Aug, 1947 = (1946 years + Period from 1.1.1947 to 15.8.1947)
Odd days in 1600 years = 0 and Odd days in 300 years = 1
46 years = (35 ordinary years + 11 leap years) = (35 x 1 + 11 x 2)= 57 (8 weeks + 1 day) = 1 odd day
Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May. Jun. Jul. Aug ( 31 + 28 + 31 + 30 + 31 + 30 + 31 + 15 ) = 227 days = (32 weeks + 3 days) = 3 odd days. Total number of odd days = (0 + 1 + 1 + 3) = 5 odd days.
Hence, as the number of odd days = 5, given day is Friday.
7. A man spends 35% of his income on food, 25% on children’s education and 80% of the remaining on house rent. What percent of his income he is left with?
Let the total income be x. Then, income left = (100 -80)% of [100 – (35 + 25)] % of x = 20% of 40% of x = 20/100 * 40/100 * 100) % of x = 8 % of x.
8. Which among the following is the last but one step for the following input? – 256 159 386 125 81 64 121
A. 121 256 159 386 125 81 64
B. 81 256 159 386 125 64 81
C. 125 256 159 386 81 64 121
D. 64 256 159 386 125 81 121
Input: 256 159 386 125 81 64 121
Step I: 159 256 386 125 81 64 121
Step II: 386 256 159 125 81 64 121
Step III: 125 256 159 386 81 64 121
Step IV: 81 256 159 386 125 64 121
Step V: 64 256 159 386 125 81 121
Step VI: 121 256 159 386 125 81 64
Hence, the last but one step is Step V.
9. In a certain code language, if the number 1 is assigned to all the letters in odd numbered places in the alphabet and the remaining letters are assigned the number 2, than what is the code for the word ‘DANCE’?
10. In these series, you will be looking at both the letter pattern and the number pattern. Fill the blank in the middle of the series or end of the series.
SCD, TEF, UGH, ____, WKL
There are two alphabetical series here.
The first series is with the first letters only: STUVW.
The second series involves the remaining letters: CD, EF, GH, IJ, KL.
11. RQP, ONM, LKJ, _____, FED
12. In a certain code language, ‘kew xas huma deko’ means ‘she is eating apples’; ‘kew tepo qua’ means ‘she sells toys’ and ‘sul lim deko’ means ‘I like apples’. Which word in that language means ‘she’ and ‘apples’?
A. xas & deko
B. xas & kew
C. kew & deko
D. kew & xas
Explanation: In the first and second statements, the common code word is ‘kew’ and the common word is ‘she’. So, ‘kew’ stands for ‘she’. In the first and third statements, the common code word is ‘deko’ and the common word is ‘apples’. So, ‘deko’stands for ‘apples’
You Can Also Check: ★ IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude Questions and Answers
13. If in a certain language, NOIDA is coded as OPJEB, how is DELHI coded in that language?
Explanation: Each letter in the word NOIDA is moved one step forward to form the code OPJEB. So, in DELHI, D will be coded as E, E as F, L as M, H as I, I as J. Thus, the code becomes EFMIJ.
14. Which number should come next in the series, 48, 24, 12, ……?
Explanation: It is a simple division series in which each number is one-half of the previous number. We can also say that each number is divided by 2 to arrive at the next number;
On dividing 48 by 2, we get 24
On dividing 24 by 2, we get 12
So, on dividing 12 by 2, we will get 6 (option B).
15. Statements: Some blades are hammers. Some hammers are knives. Some knives are axes.
1) Some axes are hammers.
2) Some knives are blades.
3) Some axes are blades.
a) None follows
b) Only I follow
c) Only II follows
d) Only III follows
e) None of these
Explanation: Since each combination of premises has two particular premises, so no definite conclusion follows.
16. Arrange the following words in a meaningful sequence.
A. 1, 3, 4, 5, 2
B. 1, 3, 2, 4, 5
C. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
D. 2, 3, 5, 1, 4
Explanation: Infection occurs first, then one visits a doctor, and after consultation, the doctor starts the treatment which is followed by recovery.
17. In an Exhibition seven cars of different companies – Cadillac, Ambassador, Fiat, Maruti, Mercedes, Bedford, and Fargo are standing facing to the east in the following order:
1. Cadillac is next to the right of Fargo.
2. Fargo is fourth to the right of Fiat.
3. Maruti car is between Ambassador and Bedford.
4. Fiat which is third to the left of Ambassador, is at one end.
Which of the cars are on both the sides of Cadillac car?
A. Ambassador and Maruti
B. Maruti and Fiat
C. Fargo and Mercedes
D. Ambassador and Fargo
18. Pointing to a photograph, a man said, “I have no brother, and that man’s father is my father’s son.” Whose photograph was it?
A. His father
B. His own
C. His son
D. His nephew
Explanation: The narrator has no brother, so he is the only son of his father, and his father’s son is he himself. Hence, the narrator is the father of the man in the photograph, so the man in the photograph is his son.
19. The film director wants an actress for the lead role of Lucy who perfectly fits the description that appears in the original screenplay. He is not willing to consider actresses who do not resemble the character as she is described in the screenplay, no matter how talented they are. The screenplay describes Lucy as an average-sized, forty-something redhead, with deep brown eyes, very fair skin, and a brilliant smile. The casting agent has four actresses in mind.
Actress #1 is a stunning red-haired beauty who is 5’9″ and in her mid-twenties. Her eyes are brown and she has an olive complexion.
Actress #2 has red hair, big brown eyes, and a fair complexion. She is in her mid-forties and is 5’5″.
Actress #3 is 5’4″ and of medium build. She has red hair, brown eyes, and is in her early forties.
Actress #4 is a blue-eyed redhead in her early thirties. She’s of very slight build and stands at 5′.
A. 1, 2
B. 1, 4
C. 2, 3
D. 2, 4
Actresses #2 and #3 possess most of the required traits. They both have red hair and brown eyes, are average-sized, and are in their forties. Actress #1 is very tall and is only in her mid-twenties. She also has an olive complexion. Actress #4 is of very slight build and is in her early thirties. She also has blue eyes.
20. In these series, you will be looking at both the letter pattern and the number pattern. Fill the blank in the middle of the series or end of the series based on your logical reasoning.
QAR, RAS, SAT, TAU, _____
In this series, the third letter is repeated as the first letter of the next segment.
The middle letter, A, remains static.
The third letters are in alphabetical order, beginning with R.
21. If the odd-numbered dice have even number of dots on their top faces, then what would be the total number of dots on the top faces of their dice?
Explanation: No. of dots on the top faces of these dice are 2, 2 and 4 respectively.
Required total = 2 + 2 + 4 = 8
22. Rockies : Applachian :: Andes : ?
You Can Also Check: ★ IBPS PO English Questions and Answers
23. There are six persons A, B, C, D , E and F. C is the sister of F. B is the brother of E’s husband. D is the father of A and grandfather of F. There are two fathers, three brothers and a mother in the group. Who is the mother? Incorrect!
D is father of A and grandfather of F.
So, A is father of F. Thus, D and A are the two fathers.
C is the sister of F. So, C is the daughter of A.
Since there is only one mother, it is evident that E is the wife of A and hence the mother of C and C and F.
So, B is brother of A. There are three brothers. So, F is the brother of C.
Hence, E is the mother.
24. I. 22 13 5
II. S 2 25
If ‘S’ is the resultant of the first row, what will be the difference between the resultants of the second and first row ?
22 + 13 = 35 [Rule ii] 35 / 5 = 7 [Rule iv] R = 7
7 – 2 = 5 [Rule v] 5 + 25 = 30 [Rule i] Difference between second and first row resultants = 30 – 7=23
25. A, CD, GHI, ?, UVWXY
Explanation: The letters in each term are in alphabetical order. The number of letters in each term increases by 1. The gap between the last letter and the first letter of the next item increases by 1.
26. Without stoppage, the speed of a train is 48kmph and with the stoppage, it is 40 kmph. For how many minutes, does the train stop per hour?
(27-28) In the following questions, the symbols %, #, @, & and $ are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:
‘P % Q’ means ‘P is not greater than Q’.
‘P $ Q’ means ‘P is neither greater than nor equal to Q’.
‘P & Q’ means ‘P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q’
‘P < Q’ means ‘P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q’
‘P > Q’ means ‘P is not smaller than Q’
27. Which of the following expressions does the expression ‘J $ K’ to be definitely hold true?
A. J & P < L > K % M
B. J $ P > L & M % K
C. J % P & L $ K % M
D. J > P & L % M $ K
28. Which of the following expressions is false if the expression 1%3<4&5%6$8<2$7 is definitely true?
29. The average age of 12 students is 20 years if the age of one more student is included, the average decreases by 1. What is the age of the new student?
A. 5 years
B. 9 years
C. 7 years
D. 11 years
New average = (20 – 1) = 19.
Age of new student = (13 χ 19 – 12 χ 20) years = 7 years
30. The window is to pane as a book is to:
A window is made up of panes, and a book is made up of pages. The answer is not (choice A) because a novel is a type of book. The answer is not (choice B) because glass has no relationship to a book. (Choice C) is incorrect because a cover is only one part of a book; a book is not made up of covers. So choice ‘D’ is the only answer
(31-32) Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below: – With a certain code language –
‘the Samsung note runs’ is coded as ‘5V20 9T19 6V14 6H18’
‘what even he’ is coded as ‘6G23 6M5 4V8’
‘Another important feature’ is coded as ‘9I1 11G9 9V6’
‘ Today multiple apps running’ is coded as ‘7B20 10V13 6H1 9T18’
31. Which of the following will be coded as ‘12H3 6B19 7O8’ in the given language?
A. garden are green
B. Cricketers stay hotel.
C. Cricketers in garden
D. clean garden must
32. How will ‘trees gives fruit be coded in the given language?
A. 7H20 7H7 7G6
B. 7H20 6H7 6H7
C. 7H20 7G7 6G7
D. Can’t be determined
E. None of these
No A is C.
All B is C.
No B is D.
I. Some C is definitely not D.
II. All B is not A.
A. Neither I nor II follow.
B. I and II follow.
C. Only I follow.
D. Either I or II follow.
E. Only II follow.
34. A father is twice as old as his son. 20 years ago, the age of the father was 12 times the age of the son. The present age of the father (in years) is
A. 32 years
B. 22 years
C. 44 years
D. 45 years
Explanation: Let sons age = Χ. Then, fathers age = 2x.
12(x—20) = (2x – 20) so x = 22
Fathers present age = 44 years.
35. The average temperature on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was 37 C. The average temperature on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was 38 C. If the temperature on Friday was 39 C, find the temperature on Tuesday.
A. 35 C
B. 36 C
C. 39 C
D. 42 C
You Can Also Check: ★ IBPS PO Sample Question Papers
36. For similar carsand comparable drivers, automobile insurance for collision damage has always costmore in Great port than in Fairmont. Police studies, however, show thatcars owned by Greatport residents are, on average, slightly less likely to be involved in a collision than cars in Fairmont. Clearly, therefore, insurance companies are making a greater profit on collision-damage insurance in Greatportthan in Fairmont.
In evaluating the argument, it would be most useful to compare
A. the level of traffic congestion in Greatport with the level oftraffic congestion in Fairmont
B. the cost of repairing collision damage in Great port with the cost of repairing collision damage in Fairmont
C. the rates Greatport residents pay for other forms ofinsurance with the rates paid for similar insurance by residents of Fairmont
D. the condition of Greatport’s roads and streets with the condition of Fairmont’s roads and streets
Explanation: This is clearly a factor that would affect the profitability of insurance in the two towns-and is therefore highly relevantto evaluatingthe argument, especially its conclusion.
37. Find the correctly spelt words.
38. In a certain code, the word DEAL is coded as 4 – 5 – 1 – 12. Following the same rule of coding, what should e the code for the word LADY?
A. 12 – 4 – 1 – 25
B. 12 – 1 – 4 – 25
C. 10 – 1 – 4 – 23
D. 12 – 1 – 4 – 22
Explanation: Clearly, each letter is coded by the numeral denoting its position in the English alphabet,
Thus, A is coded as 1, B as 2, C as 3, D as 4,…………, I, as 12, M as 13……., Y as 25, Z as 26. So, the code for LADY is 12 – 1 – 4 – 25.
39. Which is the greatest number which will divide 1600 and 1420 exactly?
The greatest number = HCF of 1600 and 1420 = 20
40. A is 3 years older to B and 3 years younger to C, while B and D are twins. How many years older are C and D?
Since B and D are twins. So B = D.
Now A = B + 3 and A = C – 3.
Thus, B + 3 = C – 3 ‹=› D + 3 = C – 3 ‹=› C – D = 6.
41. What is the minimum number of wires needed to send data over its serial communication link layer?
42. The sum of the ages of A, B and C is 96 years. To find out B’s age, which of the following information given in the statements P and Q is/are sufficient
P: A is 6 years older than C
Q: The total of B and C’s ages is 56 years.
B. both P and Q
D. None of these
Explanation: A + B + C = 96. Let C = Χ. Then, A = Χ + 6.
Χ + 6 + B + X = 96 so B + 2Χ = 90
Now B + C = 56 so B+ X = 56
Χ=(90 – 56) = 34.
B+2x = 90 => B = (90 – 68) = 22.
Thus both P and Q are needed.
43. Which letter is seventh from left of 16th from right in English alphabet?
44. 16 24 36 54 81 121.5 ?
45. A told B that C is his father’s nephew. D is A’s cousin but not the brother of C. What relationship is there between D and C ? Incorrect!
A has two cousins C and D.
Since C is male, D must be female.
And, both are the nephew and niece of A’s father.
To Download IBPS PO Reasoning Ability Questions and Answers PDF – Mains: Click Here