HP Verbal Ability / English Questions and Answers For Freshers 2018, 2019 & 2020 Passed outs: Practice well for the HP placement examination using HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers given in this page. As many aspirants are facing difficulty in the Verbal Ability section only during Interviews. In order to help them, we had furnished HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers For Freshers of 2018, 2019 & 2020 Batches. So, happily prepare all questions and check your difficulty level in the examination.
Down here, you can also get the HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers in PDF at the bottom of the page. Find out all HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Solutions and improve your skills in the Verbal Ability section. It is very easy to gain full marks in this section, once if you practice well. For that purpose only, we had furnished complete details in the below sections. Scroll down for all HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Explanation
- 1 HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Explanation
- 1.1 HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers along with Solutions, Explanation
- 1.2 HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers Set – I
- 1.2.1 Directions (Q. 1 – 3): Which of the following phrases given below the sentence can replace the words /phrase given in the bold in the sentence grammatically and meaningfully.
- 1.2.2 Directions (Q. 4 – 6): Choose the Synonyms of the following words
- 1.2.3 Direction (Q. 7 – 8): Choose the Antonyms of the following words
- 1.3 HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers Set – II
HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Explanation
Number of Questions: 8 Questions
Similarly, You Can Also Check: HP Syllabus
|Topics||Questions Asked (Approximately)|
|Spotting Errors||3-5 Questions|
|Sentence Arrangement||2-4 Questions|
|Tag Questions||1-3 Questions|
|Idioms and Phrases||1-2 Questions|
|Spelling Test||3-5 Questions|
HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers along with Solutions, Explanation
HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Solutions are useful for those who are willing to attend for the HP Interviews. Because in any placement examination, the Verbal Ability section is very important. Whereas the HP company asks only 8 questions from this section. So, practice these HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers with Explanations well and improve your skills by taking several tests. Accordingly, refer the below given questions thoroughly, because they may repeat in your Exam.
HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers Set – I
Directions (Q. 1 – 3): Which of the following phrases given below the sentence can replace the words /phrase given in the bold in the sentence grammatically and meaningfully.
1. In a highly integrated and interdependent global economy, regional value chains provide opportunities for India and Pakistan to diversify their exports and imports and intensify their integration into the global economy.
I. are providing opportunities for
II. provide opportunities for
III. to provide opportunities for
A. I, III
B. II, III
Answer – D. II
Option D is grammatically correct.
2. The author stresses the importance of personal responsibility by challenging the government officials responsible for capital punishment, as well as the men on death row, in holding themselves accountable for their actions.
I. to hold themselves accountable for their
II. by holding themselves accountable for their
III. to hold themselves in accountability for their
B. I, II
C. I, III
D. II, III
Answer – A. I
Option A is grammatically correct.
3. It was this civility and dignity that marked Vajpayee’s life and politics, and which seems completely at odds with the prevailing political culture of today. His endearing manner, display of affection and quality of giving earn him respect all around, including from the Opposition.
I. quality for giving earned him
II. quality in giving earned it
III. quality of giving earned him
D. I, III
Answer – C. III
Option C is grammatically correct.
Directions (Q. 4 – 6): Choose the Synonyms of the following words
Answer – D. Inviolable
Sacrosanct – something which is regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with.
Answer – A. Charlatan
Imposture – an instance of pretending to be someone else in order to deceive others.
Answer – B. Unconventional
Eccentric – unconventional or slightly strange often relating to a person’s behavior
Direction (Q. 7 – 8): Choose the Antonyms of the following words
Answer – D. Facilitation
Impediment – an obstruction in doing something.
Facilitation – the action of facilitating something.
Answer – C. Unconcern
Concerns – relate to being about.
unconcern – a lack of worry or interest, especially when surprising
HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers Set – II
Direction (Q. 1 – 5): Word Analogy, Find the exact pair according to the given pair.
1. Facade: Building
A. Neck: Bottle
B. Fence: Garden
C. Page: Book
D. Dial: Watch
Answer – D. Dial: Watch
First is the face or front view of the second.
2. Money: Transaction
A. Water: Drink
B. Ideas: Exchange
C. Language: Conversation
D. Life: Death
Answer – C. Language: Conversation
Second is the process of exchange of the first.
3. East: Orient
A. North: Polar
B. North: Tropic
C. South: Capricorn
D. West: Occident
Answer – D. West: Occident
Second is another name for the first.
4. Yawn: Boredom
A. Smile: Happiness
B. Sorrow: Unhappiness
C. Tears: Eyes
D. Expression: Face
Answer – A. Smile: Happiness
First exhibits the second.
5. Garbage: Squalor
A. Colour: Brush
B. Dirtiness: Cleanliness
C. Poor: Hunger
D. Diamond: Magnificence
Answer – D. Diamond: Magnificence
Second is the property of the first.
Directions (Q.6 – 8 ): In each of the following sentences, there are two blank spaces. Find out one word that is to be fitted in both the sentences I & II to make it meaningful.
6. I. Natural selection in ________ animals operates upon groups rather than upon individuals.
II. Even now I am certain that those seas are not, and perhaps never can be, in the present constitution of things, a place for his habitual _____________ resort.
Answer – A. gregarious
Gregarious – sociable; seeking and enjoying the company of others
7. I. Tom’s extreme ______ for disputes keeps him from getting into arguments with his temperamental wife.
II. Upon the whole, I never beheld, in all my travels, so disagreeable an animal, or one against which I naturally conceived so strong a / an _______.
Answer – B. antipathy
Antipathy – a strong feeling of aversion
8. I. He could endure his financial failure, but he could not bear the _______ that his foes heaped upon him.
II. An attempt at divorce could lead to nothing but a public scandal, which would be a perfect godsend to his enemies for ________ and attacks on his high position in society.
Answer – D. calumny
Calumny – the making of false and defamatory statements about someone in order to damage their reputation.
Well, Download HP Verbal Ability Questions and Answers in PDF and practice well whenever you want. Start your preparation according to a schedule and mainly concentrate on your selected area. For similar information, come back to our website Freshers Now, also you can give us your valuable suggestions.